Search results

1. Seatman

High coolant temps and fans running but not actually overheating resolved

Just thought I'd put a post in here in case anyone is doing a google search for the same problem I just had. 2007 seat alhmabra 2L tdi, had the temp gauge reading a bit high and radiator fans coming on which isn't normal for this car even in mid summer. Every time I checked the upper hose...
  2. Seatman

Sometimes I miss the ease of dealing with my old Mk4 lol

Had a right knocking coming from the front left of the car, sounded like a knackered ball joint but every time I checked I couldn't find play. In the end I figured it had to be the strut top. Anyway on this particular car you have to remove part of the rain tray thing to get access and when I...
  3. Seatman

Head gasket or possible egr cooler?

Got a 2007 2L tdi single cam PD lump. Been having issue with the pressure pushing coolant out the cap. Tonight I was able to get a pressure tester hooked up and went for a spin. As soon as I hit a big hill and gave it plenty of right foot the pressure rose, eventually went over 20psi! Now my...
  4. Seatman

Coolant hose restrictor in return line

Can anyone shed some light on why in some vag tdi cars there,s a retrictor thing in the little return hose for the cooling system? I found out I had it because it became blocked and the car acted as if the head gasket was blown. No idea why it's there or whether it#s important. From what I can...
  5. Seatman

Steering wheel refurb?

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success reviving one of these vinyl/foam/rubber sort of steering wheels? I've seen a lot of kits for leather and others claim to be amazing but I'd rather hear about real world experience. Cheers
  6. Seatman

Alhambra 2L tdi

Got myself a new tdi, Seat Alhambra (VW Sharan made in spain) 2L tdi. Had the mk4 golf wagon long enough, figured this is the next logical step in wagon life lol Anyway just got to replace a balance shaft and I'll be up and running, got the usual worn key way thing. Should have it upand...
  7. Seatman

Mk4 based head gasket issues

A friend has the skoda octavia with the ASV lump, 110bhp version of the ALH. The gasket started to leak into the water jacket causing excess pressure so a friend replaced the gasket. New gasket, new bolts all torqued correctly and surfaces clean from what I understand. Anyway a few weeks later...
  8. Seatman

Rear right arch knock/rattle

Got a light knocking rattle sound from the rear right arch area, not the strut mounting. This is my 3rd mk4 to have this noise and I figured this time I'm going to get to the bottom of it lol Anyway Google just brings up the usual shock mount or axle bushes so not really helping. I'm wondering...
  9. Seatman

ASV issues

My asv has started flicking open and shut while the engine is running, had to disconnect the vac pipe so I can drive it. Also noticed it's doing nothing when I shut the engine off lol Am I right in thinking it's probably a dodgy solenoid valve? Or is there something else I should look at? Cheers
  10. Seatman

Mk4 PD tdi sachs silent smf

Looking for feedback from people who have fitted the sachs silent smf tdi clutch kit to the PD engined mk4 with 5 spd box. Needing to replace mine soon so any info would be great, cheers
  11. Seatman

Random 01335 code

I've got this random code coming up out of the blue, 01335 Drivers Seat/Mirror position control module Can't find out much about it at all. I also have intermittent issues with the drivers door light not working and my indicators don't flash when I lock the car. The lock isn't very old...
  12. Seatman

Rear febi shock mount problems

I replaced the rear shocks and mounts in my latest mk4 with B4's and febi mounts but the mounts rattle/knock even on flat ground! Sounds just like worn ones. I remember having the same issue in my last mk4 with the same mounts, didn't think to check them as they were new but this time I did...
  13. Seatman

Well that explains may weird camber issue!

I hit a concrete block at the side of the road last year in my previous mk4 tdi, knew I'd bent something. Swapped out the hub, checked the tie bar etc, it still looked of to me but just got on with things. Anyway picked up another mk4 tdi and transferred parts over, shocks, full fis sports...
  14. Seatman

Mk4 euro tail lights

Selling my euro lights as I now drive a hatchback Mk4, asking £40 UK ($51 approx) plus postage. Can send the bulb holders plus 6 inches of wire or so if needed. Ship to wherever Cheers
  15. Seatman

Crusie control no worky

My cruise has recently died out of the blue, I'm getting no light on the dash which seems to mean there's no power. From what I can find through searching it seems I may need a new stalk? I tried popping the switch top part off and spraying contact cleaner in but that made no odds. Power is...
  16. Seatman

Squeaky steering column?

Lol any one else have that? It's a new one on me and I've yet to investigate. Just picked up another Mk4 recently, been working through things, swapping out shocks, suspension bushes, door lock module as well as some interior rattles but now it's all quiet the squeaky steering column sounds...
  17. Seatman

Can't connect to full fis sport clusters?

For some reason I can't connect to a full fis sports cluster in my mk4, I can connect to loads of others fine and I can connect to the sport cluster in a friends car but not mine. Can anyone think why that is? I've tried vagcom, vag tacho, vag commander and a proper vw scan tool. Obviously...
  18. Seatman

Plastic cable ties don't work well on plastic boots

I found that one out, replaced both tie rods last year at some point and at that time the rack was in good condition. Lately developed a little mystery leak that turned into a bigger leak. Both boots at both ends were full of psf and the rack was rusty too which leads me to believe water got in...
  19. Seatman

A bit of oil in petrol/gas to make a diesel type fuel?

Just a curious question really. Had to go rescue a V6 tdi today and suck all the fuel out, the guy had put petrol in then added diesel once he realised his mistake. Full tank of useless fuel. Just wondered if something like oil could be added to make it work in an older VE engine?
  20. Seatman

Random clutch slip, masrter or slave maybe?

I have the sachs VR6 kit in my car, mk4 tdi with the ALH. I get a random bit of clutch slip now and then and it doesn't matter if it's hot or cold or going up hill or on the flat and can slip with very little throttle. I recently had the engine and box out as I was changing the engine anyway...