Search results

1. Stealth TDI

General Altimax RT43 - 195/60R14 (H-rated)

Off the market. Using on my trailers...
  2. Stealth TDI

AHU/1Z Timing Belt Tools and More...

Hello, I'm clearing out my garage and have some tools that I'm unlikely to use again. This tool box includes the following tools from Metalnerd.com: 1) Five piece timing belt kit - SOLD 2) Injector slide hammer for 1Z, AHU, and ALH - SOLD 3) Diesel fuel line 17mm wrench - SOLD 4)...
  3. Stealth TDI

2014 Jetta TDI ECU with Immo-Delete and Tune

Hello, I have an ECU from a 2014 Jetta TDI that I pulled from a junkyard car. I had the immobilizer deleted by Malone and tuned to Stage 2 with DPF retention. I did this so I could return my factory ECU to the car for warranty work, if required. My TDI was turned in with the stock ECU and I...
  4. Stealth TDI

Mk3 Jetta Parts for Sale

Hello, 7/19/2019 - Updated to reflect what remains... for now. Most items are too large to bother shipping or to be cost effective. But I'm willing to meet or deliver within this area: Here's what I have: 1) VW OEM Mk3 CTN Transmission - I don't recall the mileage, I think it's around...
  5. Stealth TDI

1998 Jetta TDI w/445,000 miles: Newport News, VA

Hello, ****SOLD**** My "Stealth TDI" served me well for 16 years and 445,000 miles. I'm the original owner and the car was my daily driver until 2014 when I bought a new car and decided to assess the Mk3 for rehabilitation. The Mk3 sat for most of that time, being started and driven from time...
  6. Stealth TDI

2016 2-Door vs. 2017 4-Door?

Hello, I'm in the market for a GTI. Ignore the non-TDI part for now. My question is about the mechanics of a 2-door vs. a 4-door and perhaps the model year change. I've been a four-door guy since 1998. So I was naturally pleased with selecting another four-door. When researching pricing at...
  7. Stealth TDI

AHU Stuff For Sale (plus trailer items)

Hello, I'm clearing out a few items from my garage. I had stored these back when I used to race AND daily drive my Mk3 and was sure that having these parts around would minimize my down time if something broke. Now that it's okay for that car to be broken for extended periods, I no longer...
  8. Stealth TDI

Amateur Radio Location: Opinions Requested

Hello, I'm on the verge of buying a new amateur radio. The display is huge! I'm testing a few locations and would like your opinions. All pictures below are photoshopped so I can keep the look very consistent throughout this poll. Here is my current layout: The easiest option is to simply...
  9. Stealth TDI

Le Castellet - 14x6, ET38

Hello, **SOLD** I'm selling my remaining 14x6" Le Castellets. These were my spares... take-offs that I never got around to refinishing. All of them have minor curb rash: I'm looking to get $100 and willing to deliver anywhere within 100 miles of my city (23608) for an additional $20. FREE...
  10. Stealth TDI

Best MPGs or Longest Tank: Decisions, Decisions!

Hello, I just returned from a road trip from SE Virginia to SW Connecticut. On the way up, I did just a *little* bit of speeding, drove mostly 55-65 mph zones, had only one or two traffic jams and then had about 100 miles of local, suburban driving. That fill-up at 615 miles resulted in my best...
  11. Stealth TDI

IDParts Oil Extractor?

Hello, I recently ordered a 6L oil extractor from IDParts. It worked well when I changed my oil last night: My only problem was how unwieldy the hoses can be. The directions only show how to use the extractor, but not other details such as the purpose of the black tube that's mounted...
  12. Stealth TDI

Replacing Fender Subwoofer

Hello, I like the sound of the Fender Premium Audio system. It's very good for a factory system. However, the subwoofer lacks independent control and it's not *quite* deep enough for me. It's *almost* there, but not quite. Therefore, I decided to move my 10" sub system from my Mk3 to my Mk6. I...
  13. Stealth TDI

Direct Battery Connection Options?

Hello, I'm making moves to install my old subwoofer, amplifier, and inverter in my Mk6. I've already run a 4-gauge wire through the firewall to connect to the battery. However, I ran into a small problem: The battery terminal does not have handy extra connection points like my Mk3... I'm...
  14. Stealth TDI

Another HPFP? And at Just 40k!

Hello, I just finished my first fuel filter replacement. The dealer did the one at 20k. I had them let me inspect the fuel filter housing before installing the new filter. In retrospect, I wonder what I would've seen if I had looked before the original filter was removed. Anyway, I opened my...
  15. Stealth TDI

Weird SRI Intervals?

Hello, My Mk6 has two different SRI countdowns. I imagine one is for the 10,000-mile oil change interval and another is for the 20,000-mile fuel filter change interval. I used to get a pop-up warning about 1000 miles before it was time to do maintenance. Now, after doing the last SRI reset...
  16. Stealth TDI

FS: Curt Hitch, PN 11072, for 2011-2014 Jetta

***SOLD*** Hello, I'm selling my Curt hitch, PN 11072, from my 2014 Jetta. Price is $60 cash (shipping not included and not preferred). Details of my install can be seen HERE. When Curt introduced the new hitch for the 2015+ Jetta, the neat-freak in me knew I had to have one. It's not a direct...
  17. Stealth TDI

AC Compressor vs. RCV

Hello, I had a weird problem with my AC. It works great. Only during this long road trip has it given me any trouble. It gets a little warm after about two hours of driving. It's about time for a break by then, so I stopped. After about 15 minutes (duration of stop seems irrelevant), we got...
  18. Stealth TDI

Windows Don't Work w/Key or Remote...

Hello, My windows no longer work with the remote; nor do they work when trying to roll up/down by turning the key in the door. The battery has not been disconnected recently, if ever. Nothing extraordinary has happened to the car. VCDS coding is still good. 1) I've tried the suggestion...
  19. Stealth TDI

Misfueling Adapter Removal in Central Texas?

Hello, I'm headed to Texas for a week or so and had my first-ever fueling challenge. I was in a small town in NC with limited refueling opportunities. I probably could have stretched the tank further. But I didn't want to risk it. There were four stations in town: all of them had separate...