Search results

1. ives

SOLD — B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon - 39k Original Miles - $14k obo

SOLD !!!! Not a typo! Only 39,000 original miles. Asking $14,000 — willing to negotiate for a quick sale! *I'm selling because I need a truck for new work and this was just my 'for-fun'car.* Showroom condition - was always kept in a climate-controlled garage and used a few times a year by last...
  2. ives

Rare Find! Pristine B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon

Hey Folks! Long time no see. I used to run a 2004 Jetta TDI 5spd around about 8 years ago and had a great time with that car. I just bought back into the TDI family with this amazing rare find! It had been stored in a heated garage and driven maybe once a year from 2006-2021. In summer of 2021...
  3. ives

FS: '04 Jetta GLS TDI, Clean, Very well maintained w/ KERMA/DieselLand Upgrades-$5.5k

SOLD! For those wondering about how much the 'market' said this car was worth: $6,025 (and I kept the extra rims and rack, and will sell separate.) Good luck to those interested in buying and selling! Located near Rapid City — willing to help transport to Denver area too. Looking to sell...
  4. ives

Should I Replace Clutch/Flywheel/Bearings on '04 Jetta?

Hello All- I've done a fairly thorough search. Save reading for days, all I've found were specific wear questions and general debate about when to replace things.... SO: My Issue: A-When I'm at a stop (and more so when I'm at any sort of incline), I have to slip the clutch a significant amount...
  5. ives

Best Tire Brand/Product for MPG

I spent ten minutes trying different keywords, search criteria, etc., with poor results, so I'm asking it to everyone. Considering things like rolling resistance and weight, what specific tire (either simply the brand, or the specific tire product itself) is currently the leader for fuel...
  6. ives

FS: Monte Carlo 17" Wheels with 2 NEW Michelins

Hi There, I have the listing on vwvortex... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5653468-FS-FT-Montes-w-2-NEW-Michelins-in-New-England-Feeler Quick overview. 4- 17" Monte Carlo Wheels in 8/10 condition 2- NEW Michelin Pilot Sport A/S PLUS tires (mounted) AMAZING TIRES. 2- Sceptors...
  7. ives

WVO, Greasecar, or Other Mechanics in Alaska??

Hey everyone, looking to get a greasecar or frybrid kit sent up to Anchorage and installed before I head south this summer. I am pretty knowledgeable about what's needed in a system, and mildly mechanically proficient, however I've been on assignment here for a year and living out of a tiny...
  8. ives

WTB: MKIV 4motion TDI

So after lots of dreaming, and searching, and hoping I could somehow swap the 4motion drive train from a bora or eurojetta 4motion TDI into my US 2004 Jetta GLS TDI.... I have practically given up. It's possible, but many say it's a $25k-$30k job. "Go buy a 4motion and swap in a TDI" They've...
  9. ives

Best Wheel and Tire Size/type for Fuel Economy?

Hey all, Looking to get a set of summer wheels/tires for my mk4 jetta gls tdi. I had great success with my 15" OEM and some all weathers (upwards of 56mpg highway at 42 psi) I got a set of snows for the winter, and now want to get an alternate summer set... I'd like to go bigger (17" or 18"...
  10. ives

Major Mystery Rattles

I know there have a been numerous rattle stories, but this one is gaining in mystery day by day. I just bought my 04 Jetta GLS TDI Jan. 1 with 57k on it. almost immediately I stated hearing this very loud rattle every time I went over a bump or heave in the road. It sounds like it's coming...