Search results

1. witchcraftz

2015 Golf TDI Highline OEM Sport Springs for Canada

Just to add my 0.02 cents, having had the GTI front springs I wasn't very impressed with their handling on the TDI. With conversations with spring experts, my conclusion is that the GTI front springs are not meant for the weight of the TDI engine, spring ratio will be wrong. Part numbers are...
  2. witchcraftz

VWR on MK7 TDi = forward rake?

Just to show that this setup does work for some more extreme wheel setups, here is the car riding on some 19" wheels. They are 8.5" in front and 9.5" in the rear. The tires are quite large size too. Front tires are 235/35r19 rear are 265/30r19. It only rubs a bit hitting bad bumps in the road.
  3. witchcraftz

You're welcome! Thanks for kind words and glad I can be of assistance to others. :)
  4. witchcraftz

Made a crappy animated GIF showing the H&Rs vs stock GTI. It's not exact since the cars weren't in the same position but it shows that the front is a basically the same and the rear a little bit lower.
  5. witchcraftz

FS: 2003 Golf Estate 4Motion - 6MT, PD TDi

Amazing looking car, GLWS!
  6. witchcraftz

Recap: only H&R seem to make the correct springs for rear solid beam axle TDIs (North America). Don't get Eibach, DG, VWR or GTI springs to put on your TDI Golf.
  7. witchcraftz

The H&R springs are correct for the TDI whereas the VWR are incorrect, the VWR are designed for a AWD TDI Golf sitting on a IRS suspension similar to a GTI. They don't work on the North American TDIs.
  8. witchcraftz

Updated with pictures of the car on h&r. Drives so much better!
  9. witchcraftz

That looks much better! I'm not surprised the ride is much better, the shocks have much more space to properly move. I also think it's great that we both have Tornado Red MK7 TDI Golfs. :)
  10. witchcraftz

I'm not sure, myself I have ordered the TT spring pads as a precaution, supposedly the VWRs are only a 1.18 drop in the rear and to my eye that would look just about perfect with a proper setup in the front.
  11. witchcraftz

Did you install the H&Rs yet? If so how does it ride and how low? Did you need the TT rear pads?
  12. witchcraftz

Just wanted to Post here what it looks like for quick comparison. Golf TDI on stock springs Golf TDI with DG springs (Driver Gear 1.8T springs) Golf TDI with VWR springs ( VWR31G7BA ) Golf TDI with H&R springs ( 54786-2 )
  13. witchcraftz

GTB2060 VKLR Hybrid -

What car were you running this on?
  14. witchcraftz

I checked H&R and the Golf SportWagen with beam axles uses part 54788. The Golf with beam axle uses part 54786-2 so they are indeed a different part number. I haven't see any reviews of the 54786-2 on a normal Golf. I'll take the plunge I guess and hopefully it works out. Otherwise I'll have...
  15. witchcraftz

I believe that the SW springs are a different part number than for the golf hatch. Does the SW have IRS?
  16. witchcraftz

Anyone with the TDI H&Rs chime in on the ride quality?
  17. witchcraftz

WTB Eibach MK7 TDI Golf Springs

Looking for part number E10-15-021-04-22
  18. witchcraftz

I agree, what Blue Hen's car looks like is exactly what I want. I don't want coilovers but shock/spring combo, MSS makes an adjustable spring for the MK7 which might work for us TDI people too but it's $1,000 for the springs only. https://www.msskits.com/vw-streets-fully-adjustable-kit.html
  19. witchcraftz

I'm just posting up the part numbers of the Spring options I've found. If people who have them installed can post up picture of their cars, it would be great. ================================= Eibach Pro Kit: E10-15-021-04-22 (solid beam) WARNING: E10-15-021-02-22 is for a TDI with IRS Front...
  20. witchcraftz

Yup, here are pictures. The best visually would be DG front & VWR rear. But As I mentioned it's a little bouncy in the front. Side view with forward rake. The rear sits at stock height basically. Front wheel gap. Rear wheel gap.