Search results

1. T

FS: Older Hex-Com Cable

Mike has purchased it. Sorry for the delay posting.
  2. T

Bumping this up because I just realized I still had it! :D Got a new Tiquan now so it's really no good for me!
  3. T

Bump! Sent from a downlink via SATCOM 7
  4. T

New bew turbo

The only way to know for sure is to measure the intake & exhaust sides.
  5. T

Older Hex-Com cable, 9 Pin Serial Interface great for older TDI's which don't have CanBus! I finally decided I need a CanBus cable with USB. Willing to trade up for cash or just sell outright. Maybe $100 US? I honestly don't what the market value is for these right now. Thanks! Chris SOLD
  6. T

Why we change everything in the TB path

I even asked when I got my first TDI about the a T/B change at the selling dealer. "We only change the belt & possibly the tensioner if it is bad." Yikes...didn't take long browsing here to know better.
  7. T

Craigslist...BEWARE!!!

Ya the worst part about that particular car was it was a 2009...3k changes and if true buyer beware.
  8. T

Craigslist...BEWARE!!!

I know I am stating the obvious but in my search for another TDI I do go on the dreaded list. You would not believe the attitude I get for asking the questions we all would ask about TDI's. Timing Belt changed the proper way? Camshaft condition? Proper Oil?...etc. I guess it's funny the oil...
  9. T

2000 ALH Jetta Tdi $3600 (NJ 08055)

Like these? http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4907738580.html http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4854405015.html http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4881700635.html http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4909588067.html Point is the car is overpriced for what I could get, sorry you find...
  10. T

Because it is referred as a the Turbo Actuator in the service manual. Which is what I would refer to it as and any mechanic would sans, your friend. Caring has nothing to do with it.
  11. T

My car gets colder at an idle, and warmer while driving?

To add to all of this older HD diesel trucks are similar. I remember driving my aunts 3500 Cummins and rolling down the highway it was struggling to keep heat in the engine. Stopped at a fuel station and the whole radiator in the front was the same temp as the outside air which was around...
  12. T

My car gets colder at an idle, and warmer while driving?

All part store thermostats are garbage. All of them unless you can verify it is indeed made by the OEM manufacturer. I've been burned too many times. The coolant gauge is not accurate. It is an estimation of what the ECU wants you to see. So trust me the car is never cooling down to 60-70F...
  13. T

^ That makes more sense...but why not just call it that.
  14. T

Struggling to start in very cold weather (-20C)

That is great, I had a spotty crank sensor on my PD. Replacing with a new sensor helped a lot but ultimately I was going to perform that TSB. Timing on a PD is usually set & done on a timing belt job. You could adjust the cam sprocket if need be.
  15. T

Wrecked my 03 Jetta Tdi wagon.

I had to fight to hell just to get almost $8,000 for my 2004 Wagon. 150k They considered the $3000 of recent work done to it as maybe worth $300. So somewhere there is a 2004 Wagon with FSD suspension on it in a junkyard somewhere.
  16. T

-12f starting to worry?

If you are going to cycle don't just turn the key off when the light goes out. Listen for the relay to click off then cycle it. If you are using the proper battery (94R) and it is indeed new I don't imagine you will have any issues.
  17. T

Car won't start after 100A engine start helper (-35 celsius)

Always start with the battery, if it is bad or even on it's way out it makes diagnosing anything else 10^3 harder. How old is the battery? Starting amps isn't important as reserve capacity to fire off the glowplugs. Since you mentioned the GP light does illuminate we can assume relay 109 is...
  18. T

Struggling to start in very cold weather (-20C)

No TDI should need the heater pluged in to start, no diesel really. Something is wrong if it's 15 mins of on & off cranking.
  19. T

Drop-in HID's are also a serious turn off. Do it right or don't do it. I've got $1250 cash right now. Edit: What is a turbo dash pot?