Search results

1. DEAD-BROKE

passat gone, up in flames

so i went an bought the highlander, rides nice, hauls A$$. meh i can't load any pictures.
  2. DEAD-BROKE

well i decided to go get that highlander today if i get back before it gets dark I'll post a picture or 2. my insurance said i can stop by the office and pick up the check and the car dealer said i can just bring them the check. i live in Florida, people down here drive to die, the speed...
  3. DEAD-BROKE

well just got off the phone with the ins company best they will do is $14,750 and not a penny more. i accepted the offer (it sucks i know ) but where i live it's 5.2 miles to the nearest store. . i have a call into my home owners to see if the can cover some of the camera equipment and cell...
  4. DEAD-BROKE

funny you should bring that up, they called yesterday at 4:30pm and offered me $13,550 i told them to try again because i lost a new iPhone 1k and my Nikon D8 and assorted items that go along with it almost $4500. i know they will never give me close to that but i'm hoping to get at least 15k...
  5. DEAD-BROKE

my car port is spotless so nothing on the car was leaking. the only thing i can come up with as electrical short caused the fire or i picked up some debris and they caught fire after all i was driving on dirt roads with rather tall grass growing in the middle. as for the fix no it was not done...
  6. DEAD-BROKE

so this past Sunday i was down in the everglades doing some armature photography and letting my pit-bull mix blow off some steam and run around off leash. so the short story is i was heading north on sr 29 because it was faster to I-75 than staying on US-41, well i was about half way between...
  7. DEAD-BROKE

florida cold

so i'm happy to report that for the first time since owning this car that i had to use the heat this morning (brisk 30°). the heater worked perfect, in fact it got to hot..:D
  8. DEAD-BROKE

Cleaning Cornsilk Beige Dinamica Seats

if cammo is not your thing they have many many options. it's truly the only way to keep the seats clean. http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Neo-Camouflage-Custom-Seat-Covers.html?sa=eyIxIjoiMSIsIjExIjoiMjAxMyIsIjQiOiIxMzMiLCI1IjoiMTI2NyJ9
  9. DEAD-BROKE

Remote Start Duration

20 minutes, that's how long mine runs, but as we all know it shuts off when you open the door ....D'oh
  10. DEAD-BROKE

Inserts for Door Pockets

there are some really nice magnetic gun mounts out there.
  11. DEAD-BROKE

Inserts for Door Pockets

have you watched the news lately and because it's my god given right to carry a firearm. that's why.
  12. DEAD-BROKE

COLOR ~ Why do dealers end up with so many White or Black

i live on the gulf coast of Florida the only color car i will own is BLACK, yes i wash it often, very often, but imo nothing looks better than a shiny BLACK car.
  13. DEAD-BROKE

Inserts for Door Pockets

that a neat idea, i filled mine with expanding foam, the rear door pockets would get nasty with dog fur and slobber ( i have seat hammock for the dog ) and the front passenger side would be full of crap from my wife and son sitting over there so i filled them with foam. only thing in my door...
  14. DEAD-BROKE

lol addblu

car IS UNMOLESTED.
  15. DEAD-BROKE

DSG question

can you provide any more info or a link to the DSG tune. thanks.
  16. DEAD-BROKE

DSG question

so i'v been doing the uber thing for a few months and the one thing i find very annoying is how low the rpm's go, for instance i'll be cruising at 36-40 mph and the tach says 1100 rpm try and give it some gas and there is a wicked lag, so my question is there a tuner that will allow the dsg to...
  17. DEAD-BROKE

lol addblu

no vcds so no way of telling. honestly i'm not going to worry about it. i'll just continue to drive it and see what happens. . . i do have to start another thread with questions about the DSG.
  18. DEAD-BROKE

lol addblu

i went back in my records and i added just under 3 gallons when i did the 50K service. car runs perfect so i'll continue to drive it.
  19. DEAD-BROKE

lol addblu

no fix and don't plan on having it done, no inspections in Florida.