Search results

1. Cummins Driver

CR engine HPFP analysis

Maybe THIS is my Problem My 2011 6-speed manual Golf has an issue. Go through a corner, downshift to say... 2nd and at times, the tach reads zero RPM's; the engine simply shuts off. I "pop the clutch" and it starts again. Under acceleration, the engine will at times, miss on what I read as...
  2. Cummins Driver

45 cetane in central Virginia

Am wondering, is all Shell diesel 45 cetane? Also, thanks for the Watchcard tip. Seems we have one about 3 miles from here and if the fuel quality is indeed better, I'll go get a card.
  3. Cummins Driver

Why Meager Diesel Choices in US v/s Europe

Another country heard from in this article. The taxation differences between gasoline and diesel was not one I had heard of before. :confused: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-european-diesel-cars Enjoy!
  4. Cummins Driver

Old Pics of VW Factory!

Vintage Pics of Factory My dad was a dealer from 1959 - 1970 in NE Ohio. He has 8mm film taken in the factory of bodies being electro-coated with primer, engines being built, etc..... Karmman Ghia bodies were hand built. I am told that an inspector wearing a special glove checked the seam on...
  5. Cummins Driver

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Coming to the US!!

Saw one yesterday Saw a black one pass me yesterday, 09/29/10.
  6. Cummins Driver

New TDI

Was driving to work today and a VW similar in looks to a Honda CRV passed me. The rear was badged "TDI 2.0." Unfortunately, crummy traffic kept me from getting closer. Was in a color similar to Reflex Silver. What did I see?
  7. Cummins Driver

Is CETANE the Problem?

I am in VA and would be interested.
  8. Cummins Driver

04 pd joins the 800 mile club

[ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] my average winter MPG is 46-48MPG [/ QUOTE ] I am between 47 and just under 51 on my PD 5 Speed Wagon.
  9. Cummins Driver

2004 PD Economy Numbers

3 tanks of fuel through my '04 PD 5 Speed Wagon. First tank was 49.74 MPG, second was 47.3 and the most recent was 50.62 MPG. 40% "City" and 60% "Hwy."
  10. Cummins Driver

2004 TDI's banned from registration in N.Y.;Why?

2004 TDI\'s banned from registration in N.Y.;Why? If you own the car and "move" into the state, I don't think that they can force you to sell it. Another approach. Have relatives in a TDI friendly state? Register it there. [ QUOTE ] I was told by my the General Manager at my dealership...
  11. Cummins Driver

'04 pd rough idle/ hesitation fix?

\'04 pd rough idle/ hesitation fix? Ford/Navistar are buying back trucks equipped with 6.0L diesel engines in the US right and left. In VA, they get 2 chances to repair it. If it fails again, you write the Mfg and tell them you will take the vehicle where they direct but they have a final...
  12. Cummins Driver

OnStar Anyone???

[ QUOTE ] OnStar is nothing but a way for someone else to track where you go and when. Won't a cellphone work just as well? [/ QUOTE ] You are absolutely right. OnStar can actually shut your car down, unlock the doors and if they wish. There was a recent law suit filed to require OnStar to...
  13. Cummins Driver

'04 tdi pd rough idle/hesitaton

\'04 tdi pd rough idle/hesitaton After giving the matter some thought, I made the decision to go with another TDI instead of selecting another brand of car or going to a gasser. All of my TDI have been great cars and have delivered excellent performance, economy and value. Add to that, VW...
  14. Cummins Driver

\'04 tdi pd rough idle/hesitaton Yep, 717 is from the dyno-test. With no load, I get around 22-23mpg @a 60mph and its a dualie at that.
  15. Cummins Driver

\'04 tdi pd rough idle/hesitaton VW bought back my 04 5 spd Wagon yesterday. When started, it belched a cloud of smoke worse than a semi on a cold morning for the first 30 seconds. It also ran very rough the first minute or so. When it <font color="red">warmed up</font> and under a light...
  16. Cummins Driver

Ford Struggles with Diesel Complaints

Not suprised really. The 444TE Engine had its problems also.
  17. Cummins Driver

Test Drove 5 Speed and Auto Pumpe-Düse Jetta TDI's

Test Drove 5 Speed and Auto Pumpe-Düse Jetta TDI\'s We have a high volume dealer in the Norfolk area who has started receiving '04 TDI's. Like the new styling of the Jetta/A4 but was dissapointed at the new posted mileage. <font color="red"> </font> Jetta TDI 5 Speed: 38 / 46 Jetta TDI...
  18. Cummins Driver

Turn the Daytime Running Lights Off!!??

Anyone who has been in the service and has had to go on base passes the little sign that says: "Dim to Parking Lights." With increased security, that is now especially true. I am about tired of driving through the gate with the choice of pulling up my hand brake or having folks with guns and...
  19. Cummins Driver

FS: 2000 Jetta TDI, 5spd, Leather

Work requires a larger car so my 2000 TDI goes up for sale. Rather than make a large post here, I made a www site with pictures, specs, mileage, price etc.... Jetta Sale Page At least my daughter still has her Golf... [ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Cummins Driver ]
  20. Cummins Driver

CNN likes the Golf TDI overall!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueBugTDI: Snipp (for room) How about a little push from the government in the way of a tax credit for fuel efficient vehicles like the TDI? Great idea. However, as I recall, you can't buy...