Search results

1. rrgrassi

recommended mechanic in North Fla

Have you searched for a TDI Guru in your area? There used to be a sticky here on the forum...
  2. rrgrassi

Glow plug light flashing issue

So where did you install your "cold air" intake? As I recall, the factory airbox already has a true cold air intake. Pictures or your set up would be good. Did your GP harness? It is easy for them to get knocked around/off. Do you have the VCDS reader? If not either get one or look up a...
  3. rrgrassi

Blinking gear display

Get the Ross Tech VCDS. It is a good scanner tool. That is what a lot of us on here have.
  4. rrgrassi

hot start problem skoda octavia 1.9tdi 2009

Our first '06 did that hot start thing. Turned out to be a weak starter.
  5. rrgrassi

After 300K miles...Engine said goodbye

She opted for the TDI. This one is a sweet ride. I am toying with the idea of selling my w124 300d for a CDI, or even an E300. Sad part, the replacement TDI got rear ended last night. Still drivable, but the bumper skin is mangled. The Lexus that his her faired worse.
  6. rrgrassi

Memory Seats

Very good! Thanks for that info
  7. rrgrassi

Memory Seats

The seats work. Press the 1 2 or 3 moves the seat to the prior owners settings. I just want to clear the memory and reset to what I want.
  8. rrgrassi

Memory Seats

How do you reset or clear the memory on the seats? I tried to set a memory function, but it would not accept the input. I did follow the owners guide. Our prior Jetta had manual seats. Thanks!
  9. rrgrassi

They are great cars, for sure. Reason why we got another.
  10. rrgrassi

We picked up another TDI. 132,000 miles on it. A new Borg Warner Turbo was also installed. One our other, the lifter shredded is self and put metal into the oil pan. The replacement car had the TB kit kit done, all fluids and filters, and has a stage 1 tune, EGR delete and is straight piped...
  11. rrgrassi

Our 2006 decided she did not wat to play any more. Engine dropped a cylinder while wifie was driving to work. We had the car since 40 miles. First major issue we have had. One of the bucket tappets shattered on the #1 cylinder. So we are replacing this 2006 with another 2006 with 132,000...
  12. rrgrassi

HVAC Weirdness

Compressor is not OEM. That one failed. But when running the VCDS scan, AC started working.
  13. rrgrassi

Who have more than 250,000 miles on 06 jetta tdi?

298,000 on ours. Bought it new with 40.
  14. rrgrassi

2006 Jetta TDI radio

Ours has the Aux input. It plugs in in the glove compartment
  15. rrgrassi

HVAC Weirdness

Ok. I do have VCDS, Luckily. The RCV valve is not removable from the replacement compressor I bought.
  16. rrgrassi

Who have more than 250,000 miles on 06 jetta tdi?

300K with the DSG transmission. No issues except A/C and time to replace a sensor in the steering wheel.
  17. rrgrassi

HVAC Weirdness

Hi, I have something going on with the HVAC, but do not know what. Last summer, I replaced the compressor and drier, pumped down the system and recharged it by weight. System worked very well. Last week, when I turned on the AC, no external fans, and no compressor engagement. Any idea on...
  18. rrgrassi

Selling my Golf

I will not be a stranger. I have been here too long to do that!
  19. rrgrassi

Selling my Golf

Guys, Since my heart attack and quad bypass in Aug, 2019 I have not had the time to replace the engine on my 2003 Golf TDI. I did buy a replacement engine back in June. Well, I have been offered to do a even swap for 1991 Mercedes 300D. It needs the turbo replaced. So I am picking up the MB...
  20. rrgrassi

ebrake

Good to know. Crappy design, though.