Search results

1. C

Two Jetta ALHs for Sale in WV/MD area

My wife and I have decided that it is finally time to let these beasts go. Both have intact EGRs and are not in immediate need for a TB. Titles in hand and both registered to WV state. Black is upto date and inspected. Blue (sold) inspection expired and I haven't driven it in a while. Both cars...
  2. C

Intermittent excess smoke on moderate acceleration

'02 MKIV ALH - ~150k miles, pp520, vnt17, kerma tune, Rotella T6. Excess smoke occurs most often from first to second gear with moderate acceleration. Because it is intermittent I am having a difficult time identifying the problem. I suspect the MAF. Any suggestions?
  3. C

Anyone near Bflo brewing BioD?

I have a wvo system installed (from PO)... Every time I use the system I am anxious and nervous. I think that it is time to convert to BioD instead of purifying and using WVO. Is there anyone around here willing to add a person to their co-op? I have 100+ gallons of WVO right now and want to...
  4. C

Bflo VAG-COM?

I have clicked the numerous VAG-Com locator links that have been disabled... Searched through the google maps listings... Is there anyone in Bflo, NY (or, surrounding areas) that would let me use their VAG-COM? I want to check and adjust my timing. I know that BadNewsMike has one, but he is out...
  5. C

Buffalo, NY to TX

My family trekked down to Texas for the holidays. We left in our MKIV Jetta with a Rolo roof top box (collapsable) on noisy OEM roof bars, two Nokian WR snow tired up front, two contipros on the back, and about 25 gallons of WVO. We made it to Dallas in 23 hours with my pregnant wife, my 1.5...
  6. C

New resonance at ~2300 rpm

Recently I've noticed a new resonance/vibration that I can feel in my seat at ~2300 rpm. What could this be? I looked into the forums and found the DMF, but I have a G60 flywheel... I believe that this doesn't have DMF in its construction. I have a long trip coming up (leaving in 8 days - NY...
  7. C

Cold starts

I changed my air filter, cleaned the intake manifold and antishutter valve, and cleaned my MAF and now have absolutely no problem starting in 30 degrees F or below. I started this morning in 24 degrees F immediately... You have no idea how happy I am... I used to have to pop the hood and press...
  8. C

Heater rubbed through power steering line

This is a friendly recommendation to check the install of your heater to ensure that the power steering line IS NOT touching. The PS replacement was difficult-required a bit of beer and necessary breaks (thank you wife). I bought my A4 Jetta with 127,000 miles on the car. I am not sure...
  9. C

Groan/whine accompanied with a a clear, orderless fluid

I got back from Hamilton, ON yesterday evening around 8:30, shut the engine off and hung out with my family. When we decided to pick up take out (40 min or so) we noticed a groaning/whining when driving slow and turning that sounded from the drivers side of the vehicle (MKIV Jetta '02, GLS...
  10. C

Disconnect FPHE when not using WVO system

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I ONLY drive WVO on extended trips of 500+ miles which might be 4 times a year... I feel that my car is taking too long to warm up (7 min with a winter front when it is 40 degrees out) and think that shutting off the FPHE might help a lot. It might have to...
  11. C

Long Travel Maintenance Check list

Within the year's end my family and I are driving from Buffalo, Ny to Dallas, Tx. I assume that the weather will be less than favorable... The last time we did this we were stranded in the Emergency Snow Evacuation Route for HOURS. This time I am putting on snow tires... Can you guys think of...
  12. C

Rt turn signal blinking fast

The front right signal is not blinking. I was going to just replace the bulb when I noticed that the blinker light is on when the headlights are on - it just doesn't blink. The rest of the signals (side and rear) work, but blink at roughly twice the normal speed. I have to get the car inspected...
  13. C

Cel

So... I got a CEL after I started the car to head home from work. This morning the car had a slightly rough idle, which I attribute to a colder morning (<60), with some white smoke... I haven't seen much smoke at start up in a while... I decided to not drive the car hard (I like to drive it a...
  14. C

Door locking when I am not around...

So last night... LATE (could've been morning for all I know)... My son wakes up and cries for some food (15 months). My wife went to the kitchen to warm some milk and she heard the '02 MKIV Jette's horn honk as if the alarm was armed with the key fob. This isn't a surprise to me as I here the...
  15. C

Any Interest in a WNY or BFLo gtg?

Just thought I would throw this out being that the winter months are fast approaching :eek: I see TDIs, but never any gtg out here... Carter
  16. C

Sloppy Shift into 1st

A buddy of mine suggested that it is time to change out the clutch... When I am stopped and slip into 1st gear (from neutral) I occasionally get some gear grinding. I also occasionally get the grinding when traveling at very low speed and attempt to downshift to first. I ONLY get the grinding on...
  17. C

Replaced Alt Pulley

I replaced the alt pulley not too long ago on my '02 Jetta after losing both the belt and pulley on the road. Were there any checks that I should have made to make sure that it was just the pulley at fault? What other problems might have contributed? I only ask because I started the car last...
  18. C

Thinking of expanding...

So, we have now proudly owned our TDI for almost a year and love just about everything about our '02 jetta except the size... While fantastic for fuel economy, the jetta is pretty chock full with my family of three plus dog in the car. Rather than get rid of the jetta, we would like to get...
  19. C

Alternator Wire Connector tab broken...

How the hell can I get this duder off my '02 mexi Jetta?! The connector tab is missing/broken off... Taking off the condenser connector wasn't a big deal at all, but without the tab I have no idea where to begin (without destroying it). Its feels rather flimsy and I hope I am not in trouble...
  20. C

Serpentine Belt

So... My wife, son and I were on our way to the airport for my grandfather's funeral when suddenly we here a little thud/clunk (not too metal sounding) followed by loss of power steering and the battery light illuminated. I put 2 and 2 together and recognized that the problem was the serpentine...