Search results

1. StElmo

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Welcome! The beauty of coming in with a Mk4 is that you can search for anything and everything in the forums and likely find it. Except the hover conversion package that was supposed to come out in 2015. Never really saw that come to fruition. Great place to find a TDi "mentor". Lots of the...
  2. StElmo

Golf fog light retrofit kit

Thanks! Guess I'm gonna have to do it. I've taken apart a few dashes. Just need to compile the parts list. Are we still using "VAG dash Com" (VCDS) on the Mk7s or some other interface? Sold (or gave away) my old VAG cable years ago.
  3. StElmo

Opinions on Beyer VW in Winchester, VA?

3.5 year bump. So what I'm understanding (based on old intel) is if I don't do my own work then get my GSW serviced somewhere west of Haymarket, or when I'm visiting my kid at JMU.
  4. StElmo

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

I'm back after 10 years. So much has changed, I'm basically a noob/newb again. Glad to be back, ready to learn. Originally joined while living in Washington State. History: TDi - 2002 A4 (2002-2004); 2005 A5 pkg2 (2005-2006); 2001 A4 (2005-2006); 2012 A6 (2012-2013). VW gassers - 1989 Mk1...
  5. StElmo

Thanks for defining the acronym. I think the A5 job took 3-3.5 hours. I suspect this is a day's labor requiring a sixer at the end. I feel like Han Solo coming out of carbonite hibernation. I've been out of it for a little while, and all of a sudden Kerma is an actual brick and mortar company.
  6. StElmo

Guess who’s back in a TDi. Is Aaron (BleachedBora) still around?

Guess who’s back in a TDi. Is Aaron (BleachedBora) still around?
  7. StElmo

BCM… beam control module? As in replace the switch? I’ve been out of the TDI game for so long, I feel like a noob again.
  8. StElmo

Any luck? I remember for the MkV that a parts list with a detailed how-to was published here (in 2005). Maybe I should look at VWVortex?
  9. StElmo

Buying 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI

So, after a month+ what’s your opinion of the “new”GSW?
  10. StElmo

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Bought it and drove it home. 2015, SportWagen S, bone stock, smells new, 48k on the clock.
  11. StElmo

want a new 2015 sportwagen,,

Too rich for me, maybe if it was a TDi Phaeton with the same mileage.
  12. StElmo

Still around? -James

Still around? -James
  13. StElmo

hemp oil as bio-fuel

Go back to Evergreen you hippie! Wait I went there too! Doggie, you can't smoke industrial hemp, or so they told me at Evergreen. Isn't the Constitution and Declaration of Independence made from hemp parchment?
  14. StElmo

Annapolis Navy Exchange To Offer Bio!

Now if the WORLD'S LARGEST Naval base could get deisel at the pump! Hey, does anyone know if CITGO/CHAVEZGO is still supplying the NEX with fuel?
  15. StElmo

06' Jetta TDI pkg2 5spd w/navi & 20k miles

Whenever you sell/buy on an enthusiast site, the sellers want top $ and the buyers want to get a great deal (like finding a mint '72 BMW 3.0CSi in a barn for $3k). Sometimes it helps if the seller and the car are known to other members, but not always. We sold our 2005.5 A5 Pkg 2 back to the...
  16. StElmo

Draining the coolant system?

Whitey, It's good to be home!
  17. StElmo

If you're invited...;) C'mon, I haven't posted that GIF in over 17 months! Now others may have, cough, cough, lildevildee, cough, cough, but not me! :rolleyes: Also when I do post it all the variables are not the same, the posting is always to different people, so all the controls are not...
  18. StElmo

Isn't insanity doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results? Oh, wait that IS what's happening here. I thought I'd never get the chance to observe this in person. WOW! ;)
  19. StElmo

Or brand new Ensign. :cool:
  20. StElmo

Not to Bobert.