Search results

1. Z

cracked block or head?

thanks for everyones input, ski nc, you were right, the gauge was fualty, compression was good, fuel pump lost prime, got it running yesturday. thanks to all......
  2. Z

cracked block or head?

i drained the radiator, and also pulled a couple of the hoses that connect to the head next to # 4 cylinder. i thought for sure i would be ok, but now it wont start. not sure whay tester would work on 1 and 2, then leak on 3 and 4. but i will test again tomorrow, they di build to 450psi, then...
  3. Z

cracked block or head?

ok, so i bought this car that i prolly never should have(hind sights always 20/20)...its a 2003 jetta tdi, the coolant was filled with water only, i found this out when i got home. i live in colorado, also for some reason the heater core was bypassed (worry bout that later)...so i drained all...
  4. Z

lost rim center cap

thanks, didnt realize they had them.....
  5. Z

lost rim center cap

as stated, i recently lost one of my rim centercaps with the vw logo. this is for a 2004 vw jetta. anyone know where i can find a replacement....
  6. Z

5spd swap or trade for car with 5spd?

good post, i sure a lot people have come to this crossroads, lets know how it turns out...
  7. Z

steering wheel vibration at high speed

i think rotating the tires would have ruled this out, but will double thanks.
  8. Z

Odds of breaking a ceramic glowplug

depends on what kind of work you've before on your car, i replaced mine no big deal. i think there is a tread on it even. anyway just spray some penetrating oil on them a couple hrs before removal. they are just like taking out spark plugs, just make sure once you break them loose unscrew them...
  9. Z

250+ hp Build thread

very cool tread will be following
  10. Z

Hey Everyone - Couple Quick Questions

if you are serious about the car, and the owner is a friend(or not), find a guru mechanic in your area and have it looked at. there is tread for qualified mechanics on here, hopefully one close by you.goodluck
  11. Z

Dieseland in Colorado worth trip to repair

good story, especially because i am a colo. local, and have sent friends to ANUT, always with good results.big bump
  12. Z

thanks for the input guys, she's at 100k right now. will test your ideas thanks.
  13. Z

this is a 04 jetta auto, i only get vibiration at about 60-80 mph, it seems to lessen after you drive for awhile. also on a side note my brakes pusle sometimes, but the harder i press the less they pulse if not stop all together, so i doubt the rotors are warped, plus it doesnt happen that...
  14. Z

Cluster burnout?

this happened to me as well, while i was on vacation in chicago, during the heat wave(100% humidity, 113 in the shade). my time, shift, od display all went out, they kept cycling lines 0's &1's. for 3 days finally on my way home (colorado) it returned to normal. was quite a scare being on...
  15. Z

psi power box

yes i know a tune is much better overall, and am very familiar with most tuning boxes and how they fool the ecu vs. proper programing, but for $60, i really think its a great start, and would recomend it to anyone that can get one for good price...i will get a tune when budget allows, and pass...
  16. Z

psi power box

thanks cpmatt, thats exactly what i needed....:)
  17. Z

psi power box

finally after making sure all prior problems were resolved, a couple of minor codes (just got this car not to long ago), i got to put on my power box....i was very impressed, much more responsive, but i floored it getin on the highway and flew up to 80ish very quickly and boom i through a check...
  18. Z

2003 Jetta Coolant Leak

dont but the head unless you need it... just check yours first, the easiest way to check it is with a sraight edge ruler and a flashlight... just put the ruler ont the head and hit with the flashlight on one side if any light passes through to the other side, its warped, then use the other...
  19. Z

2003 Jetta Coolant Leak

the arp bolts are most benifical when you plan on doing future hp upgrades, they will not hurt anything, and could benifit clamping force on your new head gasket, but are not neccesary... make sure when you take your head off, you check to make sure its not warped....goodluck
  20. Z

cold start trouble

i increased the iq at idle, seems tio have helped but wont know till we get another cold day......