Search results

1. D

WTB- VNT-17 for 00 ALH. Camas, Wa

My new to me '00 Jetta has the original turbo in it. At 340k miles on the little vnt15 she's ready to pop. It loses about a quart every few days and sounds like a siren at boost. I know many of you probably have one lying around from upgrades. I'd prefer on with less than 150k on it and not...
  2. D

BEW rough idle/stumbling after pd150 mani swap

Hello friends, just finished a mani swap and EGR system delete. Car ran amazingly well first two days, no noticeable difference other than the hard shutdown due to lack of anti-shudder valve. Today (car was parked on an incline with nose facing down the slope over night) I started the car and it...
  3. D

found an HBX intercooler...piping options?

Looking for insight into piping options for this on my BEW. still up in the air in regards to turbo options. Want it to be daily reliable. Your thoughts please.
  4. D

Sheba the one-owner BEW

I've had this since her very first CEL and will probably die with my name being the only one on the title. Just added a set of Eibach sport springs and a freshly refinished set of Aristos. I dig it hard.
  5. D

335d compound setup on a BEW

I love my BEW, and it's almost time to replace the turbo. I'm curious if running the small and large turbos from a 335d as a compound setup on a BEW would work? I'm aware a LOT of custom work would have to be done, but I want to know the club's thoughts on this. It seems that every turbo I look...
  6. D

Suspension clunk driver's side video link

Hello again, I've been throwing parts at problems and now I'm down to one last assumption as to what this clunk is...I'm thinking CV axle is toast. Video description details what I've replaced thus far...any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! http://youtu.be/sXxaH9Zhmco
  7. D

Black Carpet MKIV Jetta/Golf/GTI $99 OBO - PNW

For sale is a black carpet from a 2003 GTi. Fits Jetta and Golf. Cleaned and ready to ship at buyers expense. A previous quote was given to someone out on the east coast, here is the breakdown: shipping box $16.00, fedex ground $83.88, + tax for a grand total of $100.35 shipped to the east coast...
  8. D

Idparts front wheel hubs

I've done my research before posting. None of the wheel hub/bearing replacement/comment threads mention where hubs were purchased. My mechanic recommends original vw. But they cost around $190 per side. Idparts has what they claim are "OE VW" for $49 each. They say they purchase in bulk and the...
  9. D

Anyone running a GTB2260vk on a BEW?

Curious about how it performs.
  10. D

What size wrist pins do I need

For a set of Rosten H-beams that will be going in to a BEW PD-100 motor? Also, should I go for the bottom end rebuild kit on idparts ?
  11. D

Stolen car alert!!!!

ATTN ALL WASHINGTON STATE, PORTLAND AND CALIFORNIA MEMBERS THIS CAR WAS STOLEN 24 HOURS AGO IN THE SEATTLE/TACOMA AREA. IT WAS LAST SPOTTED TODAY IN PORTLAND ON THE 84. ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D

Pnw member alert!! Stolen mk3 from wa last seen in pdx

ATTN ALL WASHINGTON STATE, PORTLAND AND CALIFORNIA MEMBERS THIS CAR WAS STOLEN 24 HOURS AGO IN THE SEATTLE/TACOMA AREA. IT WAS LAST SPOTTED TODAY IN PORTLAND ON THE 84. ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE. THANKS Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. D

FS GT1749V $350 OBO Seattle area

Picked this up from a forum member. He is a Boeing mechanic so rest assured it was well taken car of, negligible shaft play. Never installed. Bought this as a spare in case my kp 39 goes out but I now realize my power wants exceed the limits of this setup. Comes with smart actuator and stock...
  14. D

Pre-lube systems, full oil pressure before startup!

I work in the maritime industry and every boat ice ever worked on uses a pre-lube system to pressurize the oil system before the crank turns over. It's no mystery that the number 1 cause of engine wear is startup. Here in lies the question...is anyone currently using or has anyone ever used a...
  15. D

TT AWD- golf swap

Is the AWD system on a Mk1 TT the same as the Mk4 R32 AWD system?
  16. D

My little Sheba

After months of searching I finally found a new set of shoes. I found this set of Aristo wheels today for $220. 2 of them are pretty curb munched. But nothing a wheel restorer can't fix. I'm stoked, just wanted to share. Big plans for this little car. Had her for almost 12 years ...
  17. D

Looking for links...

I am looking for any links to threads or videos that show and describe the process of replacing connecting rods in a BEW engine. (I'm on the boat for my 2 week hitch and left my darn Bentley manual at home.) I need to see it done either via pictures and words or through video while away. I...
  18. D

Comprehensive con-rod DIY R/R thread

Is there one of these for the BEW floating around here?
  19. D

Brother jumped on my sunroof caved it in on d/s

What to do about this one? Can it be adjusted or do I need to replace the whole assembly...no leaks. Phew
  20. D

Timing belt success. Thank you to all members.

I posted a thread a few weeks ago regarding timing belt service and got a lot of responses from many members. I just wanted to say that I got through it Friday night and it was a success. It took roughly 7 hours and a reset of the engine's timing (the motor stopped dead in its tracks while hand...