Search results

1. D

Passat or CC aluminum steering knuckles and LCA to save weight

Do you know if the B7/MK6 jetta tie rods thread into the tie rod ends of the B6? I read Tharkholds list and he didn't list the tie rods, just the ends, so I'm assuming the tie rod ends of the B6 would thread into our B7/MK6 tie rods but wanted confirmation as I am acquiring all the parts for a...
  2. D

Idle speed increasing

Ah found my issue. Battery voltage with car off is ~12.7, with car on it’s also ~12.7 :( new alternator on the way
  3. D

Idle speed increasing

Ah. I’ll have to do some troubleshooting to confirm an issue with the charging system then. Plan is to shoot voltage across the battery at standard idle and also with car off and then a few hours later to see if the battery is maintaining voltage
  4. D

Idle speed increasing

Did you ever find the culprit? I have the same issue. Car will start and idle at normal RPM, the randomly go to 900 or 1000. Going to get the multimeter and check it tomorrow with the car off and on to see what voltage measures across the battery to try and rule out charging/battery as the issue...
  5. D

Dropping the subframe

Did either of those kits work for the b7 then?
  6. D

ISO BRM turbo

The turbo in my BRM needs replaced and wondering if anyone here has a used one or one they’re trying to get rid of. Thank you!
  7. D

Cutting wire to parking lights?

Hello all, I am doing some retrofitting of the front headlights and had a question. I have an LED switchback strip that works properly during the day (white all the time, goes to yellow for signaling, then switches back) however at night the functionality doesn't work properly due to the parking...
  8. D

2013 Passat TDI Rattle Noise - interior rattle?

Haha I knew I’d get more NVH when I installed the stiffer mounts, just trying to see if anyone has been down the road of trying to dampen interior rattles so I can possibly speed up the trial and error process
  9. D

2013 Passat TDI Rattle Noise - interior rattle?

Hello all! I have a 2013 Passat TDI that has a rattle noise only during moderate acceleration from a stop and only within a certain RPM range, about 1600-2100 RPM. The noise is interior I believe as I removed the belly pan, fender liner on the driver side front, and checked under the hood for...
  10. D

Banging / flapping sound from front

Make sure the rear outer most ones on the belly pan are threaded in to the nut plates...On mine i had to apply downward force to get it to thread into them.
  11. D

Deciding on mounts...Rubber or Poly?

Hey all, need some help deciding on mounts and wonder if anyone here has any experience or advice as to what mounts I should go with. Car is a 2013 Passat TDI and I am trying to decide between street density mounts that are 60A rubber and void free or BFI's Stage 1 mounts that are polyurethane...
  12. D

Which vag com should i go for ?

OBDEleven just announced they’re coming out with a newer device and software for it if you want to go the route of convenience. But like others have said, nothing better than the Ross Tech.
  13. D

Dog bone insert

Hello all! I was planning on putting BFI’s stage 1 dog bone insert in my Passat as it says on their website the stage 2 is not recommended for TDI’s. Anyway, will the dogbone insert cause premature failing of any other motor/transmission mounts? Thanks!
  14. D

2013 NMS Passat headlight adjustment?!

Ahh we found the issue, the LEDs were 4 sided and just wont work with the reflector regardless of any adjustment...swapping them out for 2 sided leds
  15. D

Yeah it’s just frustrating...if I’m like 2 ft from a wall inside my garage, the lights go way up the sides of the walls and way up the wall directly in front too
  16. D

A guy in the B7 Passat group on Facebook, he has a business, tons of people have bought the same lights and had a great experience so I know it isn’t the light itself
  17. D

Hello all! I recently got led bulbs and have to adjust my headlights. I need to adjust the vertical and horizontal axis. The vertical I think is the silver screw towards the top of the headlight but I was wondering if the horizontal is the white cap nearer to the actual low beam bulb? Thanks...
  18. D

Replace bad glow plug or all?

Hello all. Got a CEL last night, scanned for codes and it was P0673 for cylinder 3 glow plug. My question is, should I replace just that single glowplug that is bad or all 4? I’m not sure when, if they even were replaced before. Thanks!
  19. D

How do u get a noticeable turbo sound

Not just for sound, supposedly the discharge pipe helps with throttle response and the exhaust I’d get primarily to remove the DPF, Adblue and EGR...for less of a headache and you get way more mpg following all that garbage being removed
  20. D

How do u get a noticeable turbo sound

Neuspeed makes a discharge pipe for our cars that makes turbo noise louder, along with get you can get a cold air intake and then get a open exhaust, Rawtek and Buzzken make good exhausts for the B7