Search results

1. E

Valve Cover Replacement for 2014 VW Passat TDI (CKRA Engine).

Good morning, everyone, Finally tackled the valve cover job on 2014 Passat TDI with CKRA engine - one of two (second will be timing belt and cam seal). Car is at 117,000 miles as of yesterday. Valve cover gasket was leaking, so I decided to replace the entire cover. I followed ErWIN manual...
  2. E

2014 Passat TDI CKRA Camshaft Seal Help

Good morning, everyone. The time is fast approaching to do the timing belt job around 120k to 130k miles. The valve cover started to leak also, which makes it perfect to replace both at the same time. There is plenty of guidance (including ErWIN manuals) that seem to show straightforward ways to...
  3. E

RNS510 error and description of how to fix.

Good morning, everyone. As a few remaining members continue to enjoy their TDIs, they are, unfortunately, starting to age. And the age shows in failures of random components. As you have seen, I recently posted about replacing oil cooler due to coolant leak and we come across everyone's constant...
  4. E

Leaking Oil Cooler Housing and an Interesting Find Inside

Good morning, everyone! Just like many of you here with higher mileage Passats, the leaky oil cooler struck me too. I had coolant leak at approximately 1 gallon every 100 miles, since as if on purpose the leak started when the car was very far from home. To make long story short, noticed the...
  5. E

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

I wanted to share my experience with LasFit H7 G2 Pro Series. I saw a video on YouTube about a year ago about LasFit G2 H7 low beam light bulb that fits plug and play for our NMS Passat. The same reviewer then also reviewed the prototype of V2 of the same bulb with improvements over V1. I...
  6. E

Another Case of Charge Air Intercooler MIL

Hello, everyone. I have searched multiple threads here on the forum without much resolution. I just recently got MIL and VCDS report below. Appears to be an issue with intercooler being non-efficient. It seems to happen sporadically, as while driving today, the after-charge air cooler...
  7. E

Advice on intermittent rear door failing to unlock with VCDS confirmation

Hello, VW Enthusiasts. I have run into a small problem with my 2014 Passat SEL - about a month ago, I unlocked all car door with a fob and the rear right passenger door did not unlock, requiring me to reach through front passenger door to manually pull the inside handle and unlock. This again...
  8. E

Help! Steering wheel shaking at 65-80 mph.

Good morning. Wanted to ask a question. Have noticed steering wheel started to shake from around 65 mph and gets worse closer to 80 mph. Recently replaced all brakes with the same problem persisting. Thought maybe the original OEM Conti's wearing out - they had 63,000 miles on them, so I had...
  9. E

Buying a new 2015 Passat TDI SEL from dealer in 2017.

Wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for or against a purchase of brand new 2015 Passat TDI SEL from the dealer. The VW is offering a $5,000 rebate, with car's MSRP of $35,500. The dealer will also change brakes and tires, replace battery and windshield wipers. The car is impeccable...
  10. E

EBC brake pads - help with part number!

Good morning, Wanted to see if anyone had any experience with EBC Red Stuff Ceramic brakes. I am ready to replace loud squeaky OEM brakes with something better. Wanted to also find out - was shopping ECS Tuning for brake components and noticed they say front brake pads that fit have a...
  11. E

Strange A/C Clicking - Please Help!

I have a 2014 Passat and recently have been hearing strange clicking sounds coming from passenger glove box. The sound usually happens when car is first driven, rarely happens at end of trip, and goes away when Climatronic system system is turned off. The sound is not terribly loud, all A/C...
  12. E

Handsfree audio/messaging on 2014 Passat

Wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions from handsfree audio. I used to own a Windows-based phone, which would automatically come on via Bluetooth when I received SMS messages, read them automatically, and asked if I wanted to reply. You can then dictate to the phone what you wanted to send...
  13. E

Pump sound when it rains

Noticed that when it rains, there is an intermittent pump sound coming from passenger side under hood. It lasts under 5 seconds. Letting off "gas" pedal immediately stops the pumping. Only happens when it rains, never heard it on a dry day. Intermittently comes on depending on severity of rain...
  14. E

Resetting Inspection and Oil Change Reminders

Had to swing by the dealership today after my 20K service to request inspection reminder reset. The oil interval was reset at the time of service at 19K, but the inspection reminder was counting down to 20K miles. Just wanted to share, since I didn't know how to do it myself - turns out to be a...
  15. E

SEL Leather Cleaner/Conditioner?

Hello, everyone! Looked everywhere on the forums and cannot find similar threads for the NMS Passat. Was searching for a good cleaner for my SEL leather. The beige interior is getting a little dirty. Was looking for leather cleaners on Amazon, some that get great reviews (e.g.: Meguiar's and...
  16. E

2014 Passat Cornering Lights on Auto - any solutions?

[RESOLVED] 2014 Passat Cornering Lights on Auto - any solutions? Hello, everyone: I have read many threads with people reporting cornering lights not working for their early 2014 models when the light selector in on "Auto." My 2014 was made in 10/2013, which also suffers from the same fate...
  17. E

2014 Passat Splash Guards - Installed.

Hello, everyone: Purchased some cheap splash guards off eBay for my 2014 Passat TDI SEL and just installed them. Wanted to get your opinion on installation - when getting the front ones installed, I could easily install them ON TOP of the wheel well plastic or I could place the mud guard below...