Search results

1. W

1.9 TDI AHU 66KW 90HP passat only ~ 130Km/h (80mph) max

Could it possibly be a clogged intake manifold?
  2. W

2015 Passat TDI 80,000 engine over heats. heater core replaced

Replace the timing belt at the same time.
  3. W

P204F00 fault, VW has no fix!

Any updates on your situation?
  4. W

I would also contact an attorney or at least threaten them with that. When my car had to go in for repairs I did not even need to ask my dealership for a rental. They provided me with one. Drove it for 3 weeks. This really makes me question my desire to keep my car. I like it but don't want...
  5. W

My dealer reset the adblue system twice and replaced the rear nox sensor and the nox catalyst. It lasted a few months with no faults until the weather got cold again.
  6. W

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Please let us know if you get notification when these are available to the public.
  7. W

Kerma has responded on this thread indicating that it will pass all emissions tests I believe. This is such a frustrating problem. All I want is a car that I can drive out of town and be assured that I can make it back home. Interesting that you actually got to the "no start". Mine never did...
  8. W

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

I changed mine shortly after purchasing used and my clunk went away. Fairly easy to do.
  9. W

I have an NMS version. I'm in the engineering field so I come to conclusions based on facts available. I know every time I go on an 80+ mile trip and temps are below 40 it will throw the code. Last week it was 42 degrees and no code. My speeds never get above 80 mph but usually around 75...
  10. W

My experience is that it never gets to the "no start" stage. I've gone down as low as 25 miles and then it disappeared but the cel stayed on. I've had it to the dealership for this. They kept it for 3 weeks and replaced a lot of parts. It didn't act up for almost a year but now it's back to the...
  11. W

According to Kerma, it does fix these problems. Just waiting for my schedule to free up so I can get some time to do this. In the mean time, I just put up with the alerts. Long trips at higher speeds in cold temps always causes this for me. My local dealership has already replaced a few parts...
  12. W

I'm still amazed that VW knows about this problem and doesn't want to fix it. I can spend hundreds of dollars to fix it on my own but VW turns a blind eye.
  13. W

So it sounds like VW knows they have a problem that is not able to be solved. The diesel gate software fix caused a whole new set of problems and they want to just look the other way hoping that attrition, deletes and third party software updates will reduce the problems down to a point where...
  14. W

I don't know that the warning is actually letting you know about something that will really happen. At my lowest countdown it said 25 miles to no start. I had just finished a 200 mile road trip and decided I was going to fuel up and then drive straight to the dealer. When I started it back up...
  15. W

Does the KermaTDI tune require a DSG tune? What happens if the DSG is not tuned at the same time?
  16. W

From what I understand, YES. You will also need a tune to get rid of all the random codes that will show up. Costs some $$ but will make it more reliable, more power, better fuel mileage and less wear on some parts.
  17. W

You can clear the code but while I was still driving it would come back on. I never reached the no start event. There is some glitch in the system that VW cannot solve. I will do a delete once I am out of warranty. I still have 35k miles or until 2024 whichever comes first until the warranty is...
  18. W

I have a ScanGauge2. You can clear codes but my experience with this particular problem is that it comes right back after a few minutes. Mine usually starts with a no start in 200 miles but it has gone all the way down to 25 miles. Kind of jumps around. I had this problem last year and several...
  19. W

Death wrench

From another post I answered below. Mine was and is still under warranty so I let the dealer handle it. They gave me a brand new Passat gas loaner so I let them have it as long as they wanted. Very frustrating to be driving a car when you don't know if you will get back home with it. I will do a...