Search results

1. Turbospool

Touareg fuel economy

2013 TDI gets 29 mpg at 80 mph, and 31 mpg at 70 mph or less. Malone tuned stage 2, TCM tuned back to pre dieselgate fix . DPF deleted, off road only😉
  2. Turbospool

So Who Has The Most Miles?

210k and going up , going till she tanks with start up rattle since I own it 60 k ago.
  3. Turbospool

Is a VNT-17 Not a good match for ALH?

I have a VNT 17 , RC tuned stage 3, it boosts later than VNT 15 does, but pulls like a trooper! It is my understanding and experience they spool later…. So I rev shift higher rpms and she goes!
  4. Turbospool

New PP 520s, VNT 17, g60 clutch, putting in map 3bar sensor, What Tune.

Got my pp 520s shimmed and balanced by frank o6, installed them myself, and WOW! I gained 8to 10 mpg, nice clean power, I don’t think I’ll bother changing my map sensor to map 3 after all, and leave my RC 3 alone?
  5. Turbospool

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

305789 miles on a 2001 Jetta, just replaced injector nozzels to pp520‘s shimmed runs perfect 60 mpg
  6. Turbospool

Is Rocketchip still around? Need tune 11mm/VNT17

If that is true I’m very sorry for him as well, I’ve been trying to get him for the same need.
  7. Turbospool

What can be done to increase fuel economy?

1. Make sure your engine breathes well EGR deleted, and run diesel purge. ( change your nozzles for sprint 520s and get RC stage 2 2. Right foot mod ( keep your foot trained to do hyper mileing tech) 3. Buy the best diesel, not the cheapest. 4. Cat deletes ( your choice) 5. Don't run A/C crack...
  8. Turbospool

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

Still rattling away on start up.... 210k and long past warranty days..... if the day ever comes she grenades itself I'll chime in. Till then ,start, rattle, quietly drive away , 12 grand fix ???? Not gonna happen here. Happy motoring!
  9. Turbospool

Thanks ... waiting for my new Injector nozzles.... then I want to install the map sensor. By the way, do you know where its located on an ALH, and the best way to access it?
  10. Turbospool

Yeah. I really need to get ahold of Jeff.... I just can't get him to pick up his phone...he a busy one man tuner! He's worth getting, I'll keep trying. Wouldn't mind a stage 4! So... am I safe doing the bar 3 map till then? What actually is the perimeters of the Vnt 17? Thanks.
  11. Turbospool

Alh won't start after installing new injectors

It would be interesting to know how this ended
  12. Turbospool

So, I’m finally spending a few more bucks , and want a little more fun! My new injector nozzles will be back to me next week, and once they are in, my 3bar map goes in next. I do have a 2 1/2 inch stainless exhaust including larger down pipe so I’m hoping egts will behave . My g60 clutch has...
  13. Turbospool

Build my ALH advise needed

Thanks, have a great day!
  14. Turbospool

Build my ALH advise needed

2001 Jetta TDI, 300k on clock. Upgraded clutch, RC stage 3, vnt 17 turbo, 3 inch deleted exhaust, egr deleted. It's time to replace my sprint 520 injector nozzles ( I plan to replace them with PP 520's) Where is a good place to buy them pop tested/shimmed? Would a map 3 bar be a good idea...
  15. Turbospool

TDI 3.0 - timing chain tensioner covered under extended warranty?

My 2013 TDI Touareg rattles most every startup with 189K on the clock..... dealer will not do anything though it was under diesel gate warranty, I will drive it till it grenades, if it ever comes to that. I’ll let you know ?
  16. Turbospool

Pre-oiler for timing chain tensioners

Do you have a link to purchase this ?
  17. Turbospool

//// Best RPM to drive at for MPG for ALH /////

I no longer get the mileage I used to since adding a VNT 17 turbo, and upping to RC stage 3. Best setup for me was 1. Sprint 520 nozzels balanced. 2. EGR delete 3. RC stage 2 All the other mods had negligible input.... although everything helps. I remember doing 12 tanks back to back hand...
  18. Turbospool

ALH Fuel Economy at freeway speeds?

I have had two ALH diesels, still have my 2001 stick shift.... had an automatic original trans that got me mid 40 s mpg. EGR clogged is number one culprit. I would delete, tune it, and your car will happily thank you, and you will enjoy it, My standard trans will give me 50 to 60 mpg , go figure!
  19. Passat 2004

Passat 2004

Car for sale