Search results

1. S

Looking for 2006 Jetta TDI BRM intake removal procedure

Looked for several hours and can't seem to find the procedure for removing the intake manifold off our 2006 Jetta. Want to do an intake and system cleaning. The VW maintenance manual is no help. Anyone have a link to the procedure?
  2. S

Getting a P2112 code (throttle actuator control system stuck closed

Checking to see what the fix will be for this engine code. Thanks ahead of time for the help!!
  3. S

recommended mechanic in North Fla

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 159,000 miles and the water pump has started leaking. I changed the original timing belt and water pump at 98,000 miles with a Gates kit. I am considering have someone do a through service to it including timing belt/water pump, intake cleaning' new clutch and...
  4. S

Part ID

Hi guys, long time! I am trying to find a radiator fluid leak and see leakage when I get under the car, and look upwards where the oil drain plug is, and to the left of that. Well, in the process of taking the air cleaner box out, there is a 7" long flex style hose that connects to a flange...
  5. S

wondering if 2012-2015 passet wheels will

Fit ok on our 2006 Jetta TDI ? Time for new tires and the original wheels are nasty looking. Like the clear coat is coming off.
  6. S

Starts up, shuts off

Starts up, shuts off ( immobilizer issue ) I have been reading thru the forums for this issue we have on our 2006 Jetta TDI. 5sp and 150,000 miles. Doesn't show any codes. The first time this happened was a couple of weeks ago. Wife drove it to work just fine. Got in at the end of the day to...
  7. S

2006 Idle speed increases

This started happening sometime in the last year. I will be setting at a red light or anywhere at a stop with Jetta idling around 800 rpm. suddenly for no reason the idle will jump up to over 1000 and stay there. Any ideas?
  8. S

Replacing front parklight bulb experience

Re-writing this now that I have had the unpleasant experience of changing out the parking light bulbs. After pulling the rubber covers off in order to get to the bulbs, I had to use a light and mirror to actually see the parking light wire/bulb location. I could see some wire that had the...
  9. S

front parking light bulb removal

Front Parking Light Bulb removal experience Re-writing this now that I have had the unpleasant experience of changing out the parking light bulbs. After pulling the rubber covers off in order to get to the bulbs, I had to use a light and mirror to actually see the parking light wire/bulb...
  10. S

Removing air filter box from engine compartmetn

Removing air filter box from engine compartment I am removing the air filter box so I can check battery cable ground strap and can't figure out how to remove the two plastic thingy tab-screws, one at the bottom inside the box and the other one outside the box. I don't want to break them off so...
  11. S

AC taking longer to come on

AC taking longer to cool. Been a while since I've visited here! Anyway, our 2006 is having an issue with the AC. After turning it on, it is taking longer and longer to cool. The blower works and the AC charge seems ok when checked with a gauge. Possibilities ?
  12. S

Just did a cam-lifter change

For my next door neighbor. December build 2006 Jetta with 105,534 miles. Checked the cam while starting to do a timing belt change and found it badly worn. Wound up that three lobes had major wear with the tips worn down, leaving very sharp edges, enough to cut your finger. All lifters had a...
  13. S

T10051 and 52 cam tools

Just ordered a cam and belt kit from karmiTDI. Looking for the T10051 and 52 cam tools. Anyone have these for sale or rent? ks dancy at hot mail dot com Thanks!
  14. S

T10051 and T10052 Cam tools

Just ordered a cam and belt kit from karmiTDI. Looking for the T10051 and 52 cam tools. Anyone have these for sale or rent? ks dancy at hot mail dot com Thanks!
  15. S

Changed timing belt

Last June on our 2006 jetta. 100,000 miles. I purchased the parts and tools from diesel geek. From the time we purchased the car with 9,000 on it until I changed the belt, it would occasionally stumble at idle. I just assumed it was the nature of the beast- It hasn't stumbled once since I...
  16. S

inputting radio anti theft code

I finally bought a replacement premium radio from a 2008 for our 2006 with the rotting soft touch buttons and want to find out the procedure for inputting the anti theft code from the 2008 radio. The service manual says to use the VW scan tool or equivalent. I have the code, do you have to...
  17. S

early fuel filter vs later fuel filter

Our 2006 Jetta is a late build but has the earlier style fuel filter. The number system is further confusing as the PU936/1x is the later filter # vs PU936/2x as the early style filter. Seems backwards! How hard is it to put the later style housing in place of the early filter housing? Just...
  18. S

Monster Mats- just one needed

I need to replace just the drivers side mat. The others are almost like new. Where can I buy just a single mat, not a set, for the 2006 Jetta.
  19. S

Tdiatlast

Please check your pm's and let me know about the radio disc changer. I've sent three pm's and have not received an answer from you !
  20. S

timing belt kit

Planning on the timing belt change as we have over 90,000 on the 06 Jetta. I tried looking up vendors to see if I can find a timing belt kit but must be a dumbass as I can't seem to find a vendor list. Who on this forum makes a complete kit for this job?