Search results

1. Chris Tobin

FS: 2006 VW Jetta TDI

We just picked up a 2015 Cruze Turbo Diesel Saturday (4.30.16) so our 2006 VW Jetta TDI is now officially FOR SALE. I will not have time to detail it and to put up pics until I get back from the Diesel World UCC (Ultimate Callout Challenge diesel truck competition event), but some of you may...
  2. Chris Tobin

Anyone Wonder about the ALH and PD cars???

I know standards were lower at those times, but does anyone wonder if VW was cheating with the emissions systems on the ALH and PD equipped TDIs too??? I do...:eek:
  3. Chris Tobin

Check out this custom VW Bus!!!

http://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/catch-wave-with-this-curvy-vw-bus/ It's not a diesel but it is a VW and it is just plain cool as can be!!!
  4. Chris Tobin

Broken gear on window motor of 02 Jetta TDI

We bought a 2002 Jetta TDI for my son a few months ago and he was driving yesterday and rolled the window down before ha drove home and it would not roll back up. After he got home we pulled the door panel and started to pull the regulator figuring the clips or cable had broken as we could hear...
  5. Chris Tobin

Cruze Diesel Review in Diesel World magazine...

Since my other thread was closed and maybe even deleted... I'll start another one... Did any of you guys get a chance to read my review of the Cruze Diesel in the December 2013 issue of Diesel World magazine? It is still out on the newsstand (if it is not sold out already) at most major outlets...
  6. Chris Tobin

Cruze Diesel Review in Diesel World magazine...

Okay guys, the issue of Diesel World with my review of the Cruze Diesel is finally available. My subscription copy of the December 2013 issue was in the mailbox today so subscribers should have their copy any day now if they don't have it already and non-subscribers should be able to pick up a...
  7. Chris Tobin

Chevy Cruze Diesel Dyno Run & Tuning w/EFILive

Since it got burried and the other thread got locked here is a link to the video of the Cruze Diesel on the dyno and with EFILive tuning by the guys at Fleece Performance Engineering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v2SeZXrzAfo They really know their stuff and have tuned...
  8. Chris Tobin

TDIClub G2G in Diesel World magazine...

Hey guys, just to let you know... I wrote a small article for the Middle Tennessee G2G on March 30, 2013 is in the current issue of Diesel World magazine. It is the October 2013 issue of the magazine with a red Chevy truck doing a burnout on the cover... and "VW TDI Rally" is even listed on...
  9. Chris Tobin

TDIClub G2G in Diesel World magazine...

Hey guys, just to let you know... I wrote a small article for the Middle Tennessee G2G on March 30, 2013 is in the current issue of Diesel World magazine. It is the October 2013 issue of the magazine with a red Chevy truck doing a burnout on the cover... and "VW TDI Rally" is even listed on...
  10. Chris Tobin

Any other MK V's a Magnet for Highway Damage Like Mine???

This is the second time I have hit something while driving on the Interstate in my '06 Jetta TDI. The first time was a large raccoon that was running back and forth between the lanes and ran into my lane as I got there. It did over $3000 in damage including lower grille, bent AC condenser, bent...
  11. Chris Tobin

1999 Audi A6 Quatro Wagon

Anyone have experience with the Audi A6 Quatro Wagon??? There is one for sale here in town for only $2,800 seems pretty low for a nice looking car (from a distance, I haven't seen it up close or driven it yet). It is at a local repair shop, I guess the owner didn't want to pay for the repairs...
  12. Chris Tobin

VW to lay off 500 from Chattanooga plant...

As the title says, VW is planning on laying off around 500 workers from the Chattanooga plant. This has been a big topic among locals. Apparently the Passat is not selling as well as they expected and they are cutting a shift at the plant... Here is a local article on it...
  13. Chris Tobin

Early Stability Control Application Problems...

Have any other MkV owners experienced their stability control coming on (indicated by the light flashing in the cluster and braking application/pulling by the car on its own) at relatively low speeds while cornering? I have experienced this several times with my 2006 Jetta TDI and it is really...
  14. Chris Tobin

Anyone have experience with "eurosportgarage" ebay vendor???

With my '06 needing a bumper and grille, I am considering this R32 upgrade for my car. Has anyone had any dealings with "eurosportgarage" on ebay? Here is the link to the item I am looking at for my car. Price seems VERY good, as does feedback, but there is no phone number to actually speak...
  15. Chris Tobin

I Hit a Raccoon on the Freeway today!!!

I was driving up to Bristol, TN today to shoot a diesel truck tech article and hit a big raccoon. He was walking around on the freeway and bobbed over into my lane as I went by. I couldn't avoid him!!! Darn thing ripped the lower valence loose and tore up the grille pretty bad. I've been...
  16. Chris Tobin

My son Kyle Tobin has Published his first Book!!!

Hey Guys, My son Kyle Tobin, yup the same one that some of you guys have seen with me shooting photography at many diesel and off-road events, has self-published his first book!:D I know this is not auto related and the mods can move or delete it if they feel like it, but he does have a cool...
  17. Chris Tobin

Biodiesel at Murphy USA (Walmart) fuel stations???

Hey guys, I have been fueling my '06 Jetta at the local Murphy USA (Walmart) fuel station whenever I am in town. Last time I filled up I noticed a label on the pump that says it may contain from 5-20% biodiesel...:eek: Is this going to be a problem for my little TDI? And my big Duramax truck...
  18. Chris Tobin

What gear oil in '06 Jetta 5-speed???

What gear oil is best to use in an '06 Jetta TDI with a 5-speed manual trans? We had some issues with mine that caused a leak that resulted in it running low for around 200-300 miles. There were some very small goldish, silver flecks in the fluid that was drained out of it and VW gear oil was...
  19. Chris Tobin

Looking for a bad '06 BRM turbo...

As the title says, I am looking for a used '06 BRM turbo. It does not have to be in working condition. Shaft play is ok, but the housings cant be torn up. PM or email if you have one that I can have or borrow...
  20. Chris Tobin

06 TDI with MT no start/crank??? Need Suggestions...

As the title indicates, my '06 Jetta TDI will not start/crank. It has a manual trans and I am able to bump start it, but it will not turn over with the key. It started fine the day before, but now won't do anything when you turn the key. The battery checked out fine at the local parts store and...