Search results

1. S

Help me fix an Unfixable code (p240f) CJAA

Ok. So I have a tdi under warranty that has been throwing the P240f code on a cjaa dsg. Long story short. VW cant figure it out so they are offering to buy my car (for half of market value). Id rather have my car back. So maybe you nerds (in a good way ;)) can help me out. ---- Short story long...
  2. S

Will a cold air intake throw a code?

I have a cold air intake for my tdi that i made from an old one i had for a 1.8t. Basically just cut it in half and twisted it. Used a coupler to reconnect it. Fits perfectly into the space in front of the wheel well. Anyways I had it on the other day (i know its just for sound. but its a...
  3. S

Remove stripped wheel lock

So i lost my wheel lock key. After trying to find a key it turns out it was an audi lock i had in my golf. So they let me borrow theirs and i got 3 off and the 4th stripped. That was 6 months ago. I couldnt find any way to get it off so i turned to the internets. Now i have a 22mm 12 point...
  4. S

Standalone for TDI? What all would be necessary (reprogram open source speeduino?)

Hi. I am an avid tdi driver/enthusiast. :cool: I ended up picking up a free ALH motor. no ecu. and will be hopefully putting in something cool RWD and pre 75 car or truck. Rusted cylinder. will be my first rebuild. Anyways i have been looking into how to do the wiring for a non vw car. After...
  5. S

How does the throttle work on an ALH? (VE)

I know its a super old topic but for some reason i never really thought about it. Maybe it could be a fun conversation on the old freds tdi club. I know there is no throttle body as the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder. I know the fuel timing is controlled by the timing belt. I know...
  6. S

Is a CANBUS stereo a necessity?

I just picked up a mk6 TDI. moving Up from about 10 years of driving mk4 tdi's. So nice. However. The stock stereo and sound quality is sooo bad (non fender) no monsoon thats for sure. Ive been looking into aftermarket decks and i like the idea of the android decks. They have Chinese ones...
  7. S

Replacing seat belt retractor (airbag Light

So i purchased a salvage tdi a couple years ago. It had no airbag light on for the first few months. After i installed a stereo it came on for some reason and hasnt turned back off. The code is for the seatbelt igniter drivers side. I tried cleaning the contacts but no luck. I looks like it...
  8. S

O-Ring for Egr flap/Throttle body/anti shudder BEW 038128063L

When i did a valve job i cut off the o ring on the "throttle body" and was unable to replace it. It goes on part 038128063L. Now it drips just enough oil onto my turbo or intake area to blow smoke in my vent when ive recently gone up a hill or am sitting at a light. Does anybody know where to...
  9. S

Overheated on the grapevine. Turbo dumping oil. Need some advice.

Story: So i was a victim of the apparently killer i5 headed into the mountains north of la. What had happen was. There was a hose clamp instead of a stock clamp on the coolant outlet that runs from the block to the egr. Well it im assuming it could not expand and broke the plastic outlet it was...
  10. S

Readiness monitors (smog) What ones need to pass?

EDIT: Got it to ok the ccm monitor. So i went in to get smogged today and had the mechanic give me a quick scan just to be sure the monitors had passed. When he scanned it he told me Comprehensive Component Monitor was inc. Im not sure if this is because he had a $20 autozone scanner or if...
  11. S

BEW stalling on idle or low rpm

EDIT. FIXED THE PROBLEM. IT WAS THE CRANK SENSOR. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (specifically the wires leading into it.) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just for reference this is a 2005...
  12. S

Can i throw a speed sensor code from cranking the engine too long?

So i have another thread about a no start issue but i dont think im going to get an answer to this question there. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=5295882&posted=1#post5295882 05 mk4 BEW Auto. My car wont start and if i crank it for a while it will throw p0727. Cant figure out...
  13. S

No Start on BEW Glow plug code and p0727 pending

So my car has had an intermittent glow plug code p0671 (cyl 1) for the whole time i owned the car. But a bad connection has never prevented any of my diesels from starting in 80 degree weather. When i tried to start it today, i cranks but will not start. the glow plug light is flashing at me...
  14. S

mk4 solid brake line size (replacing section)

I need to replace a section of the hard brake line that runs from the abs to the rear pass bake line. What size is that line? it is not 3/16 or 4.75. any help would be apurshatated, Thanks a rock jumped up and bit my brake line running to the rear pass. side. (the worst) I ordered the...
  15. S

BEW TDI PD Head Romovalv Replace Valves

Ok I'm starting this thread because i cannot for the life of me find any real information on the BEW head specifically. And maybe to help someone searching in the future. This is not a write up. Just a place where we can get some tips and find the differences between removing the alh head and...
  16. S

Snapped timing belt on PD BEW. Where To Start?

Classic story. Driving on the busiest scariest part of the freeway at rush hour and my car stalls. Of course, the first thing i do is throw it in neutral and try to start it. It sounded like the starter was spinning freely. Must have had no compression. Timing belt didnt even cross my mind...
  17. S

Cant figure ot this water leak. Help! (PICS)

I got a new tdi and decided to put my old one up for sale. 2004 BEW auto. Only to have the water light come on. It took over a week for it to return but it is definitely leaking. I have found the location but not the source. It actually looks like its coming from the back drivers side...
  18. S

"Sqealing" noise, only on boost

Recently i developed a squealing noise in my engine. 2004 BEW 5sp auto. I first noticed it when i was driving with about 600 extra pounds of weight in the car. It really sounds like a pulley or a belt. but it doesn't (barely) do it when in neutral (no load). I dont have a boost gauge hooked...
  19. S

So is my engine officially "blown" ?

So I started a thread a couple weeks ago about a tick my ALH engine was/is making. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=422040 From all the research I did, it seems like a worn lifter. Maybe not pumping up all the way. I needed to get to work so I decided to drive it. It has been...
  20. S

Need help diagnosing a tick...

Hello tdi club, I seem to have recently developed a pretty loud tick. My car is a 2001 golf 2 door 5 speed with manual crank windows:D. My only mods are a cup kit and bad ass r32 CA bushings. I did an oil change (rotella) just a few thousand miles ago. and I only use shell or chevron gas...