Search results

1. W

Engine Technology International magazine September 2016 - lots of Diesel coverage

are they really the *last* company? if you follow the tin hatters and think the vw thing was a government crack down who better to gain from it than government motors? makes you wonder every now and then, doesn't it?
  2. hdb

hdb

3. 20150719_190415

20150719_190415

4. W

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

So if they're propping up cars that sit on the lots for more than 60 days does that sort of sound like VW thinks they're going to be able to start selling these things in the somewhat near future?
  5. W

EA288 - A diesel way forward?

same boat as some of the others. money down on a car. car produced on 9/28 with a VIN. assuming its made port by now. I like the GTI but i drive close to 20k a year just on my car.... but there is 2k off on GTIs right now and then supposedly the 2016s will be certified...but when? Will there be...
  6. W

EA288 - A diesel way forward?

Stopped into my dealer today to test drive a gti, just in case. My tdi sel had a schedule production week of 4115 (next week). He checked and mine has been made (9/28) and assigned a Vin and is on its way to port. I've got to think they wouldn't have produced it if they weren't confident...
  7. W

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

i gotta say, i kind of enjoyed that (too bad it'll probably end up deleted)
  8. W

FS: MKV MK5 Hella Dynabeams Dynabeam Headlights complete $750

For sale is a complete Hella Dynabeam set of headlights with a 4300k HID set already fitted. These are the headlights that swivel with the car. It also comes with the combo dimmer/manual leveling switch. The harness is complete, the headlight computer is included. Everything works. The lenses...
  9. W

Resale value in light of recent events

my 2016 was due to be built in about 12 days....crap. you can't even buy another car that has a manual and the tech features available in the golf/jetta. there's literally nothing else available.
  10. W

so, as they admitted fault to move the 2016s, does that mean they'll be releasing them from port soon? my ordered 2016 is scheduled for production in early october and I'd like to get it in november as is scheduled. I couldn't care less about the somewhat elevated NOx, I just want my car.
  11. W

2nd gear roll MT

That I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is if you try this in just about any car made in that last many decades they should soldier on in at least 1st or 2nd gear mainly due to the car trying to maintain idle. Of course there will be an exception here or there but it's nothing to do with...
  12. W

2nd gear roll MT

most cars will do this as the computer is trying to keep the engine from dying. is this really new to people?
  13. W

Memory Drivers Seat?

its not there, i will miss it leaving my 2005.5 pkg 2.
  14. W

Anyone Buying a 2016 Golf TDI?

ordered one a couple weeks ago due to DAP being "sold" orders only. good luck!
  15. W

Mp3 playback quality via SD

I know ripping audio to mp3 is pretty braindead simple, but have you tried listening to the files from the sd card in anything else to see if perhaps something happened in the conversion? I ask because it sounds like thats about the only other place to look...
  16. W

Lighting Package

I have the hella dynabeams (Turns with the car) projectors on my mk5 and supposing these work similarly they're worth every penny. the amount of visibility gained at night is astonishing (in my opinion). the brights (all 4 bulbs on) are the brightest headlights of any car i've ever owned or...
  17. W

Seventh-generation VW Golf

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7017693-Golf-TDI-finally-here!
  18. W

Seventh-generation VW Golf

supposedly they're out now http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7014667-The-MK7-TDI-has-landed