Search results

1. P

F/S: 2000 Jetta ALH Bored. Phila, Pa.

2000 Volkswagon Jetta TDI SOLD 188,737+ miles 1.9 liter ALH diesel engine. 5 speed manual transmission. Air conditioning, Am/Fm cassette.(factory) Tilt, cruise, interval wipers. Electric door locks,manual windows. Trailer hitch. I have gotten up to 54 mpg highway with this car. Car is being sold...
  2. P

2000 Jetta tdi Relay Panel "bus bar" wiring

I am having a problem with my Batt. discharging. It is 1 year old. I have traced the draw from s176 to the relay panel wiring bus. S176 feeds this at terminal 30. There are 2 wires next to this 30 terminal which are also marked 30 (outbound) 1 of these 2 wires are draining the batt. Can anyone...
  3. P

Piston ring end gap ???

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI alh that melted a piston and scored the cyl. wall. I went with a .020 overbore, bought Nurel asv loaded pistons. I had the block bored to match the pistons. In a nutshell, All the bores are 3.151" +/- .0005. All pistons are 3.1490 +/- .0005. I have 2 concerns. The 1st is...
  4. P

Intermitent A/C Operation

I have a 2000 Jetta TDI that the A/c works intermitantly. When it does work it cools just fine. The A/C switch lights everytime whether it works or not. We leave the switch on and hope it works when the car starts. I am a heavy truck mechanic with 28 years experience and familiar with a/c...