Search results

1. V

AHU+02A conversion package

Complete swap package out of a '98 Jetta, car had around 240,000 and ran and drove well. Will need a turbo of your choice but otherwise ready to go. Complete with wiring harness, ECU, drive by wire pedal sensor, instrument cluster, intercooler and pipes, transmission, starter, flywheel, clutch...
  2. V

A3/B4 OEM grab bag - water pump, pan gasket, oil filter

I have a few AHU/1Z parts to clear off the shelf. These are new-from-dealer parts in OE VW packages. Water pump 037 121 005 C (crosses to 026 121 005 H) -- fits AHU/1Z as well as IDIs back into the '80s and various gas motors. Upgrade metal/rubber gasket 026 121 041 P goes with it...
  3. V

B5 Passat Bentley Repair Manual CD

******** SOLD Used Bentley factory repair manual on CD-ROM, covers B5 and B5.5 Passat and Passat Wagon, 1998-2005, including 2.0 BHW TDI engine and associated systems. Works well. Have not used it in years, clearing off the shelf. Two activation codes came with it new, with the intent that the...
  4. V

FS GT2056V turbo (VNT)

Sold..
  5. V

1992 Volvo 240 Diesel wagon, Seattle, $4200

I need to thin my collection of diesel Volvos and am offering my 240 wagon for sale. 1992 model, one of the last years of 240 production, in silver with tan interior, D24 2.4L inline 6-cylinder diesel engine, M47 5-speed manual transmission, 275,000 miles on the odometer, about 100k on the...
  6. V

Not Mine, Audi 80 TDI legally in the US, not running

Not mine, no association, but a unique kind of TDI to find on these shores, maybe someone here is interested. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2870178633.html Would be more special if it was a quattro, but interesting nonetheless. Somebody must have gone to quite a bit of trouble to get...
  7. V

AHU Jetta: loss of power, MIL on, codes P1144 and P1145 MAF Short to Gnd/B+

A relative is in town for Thanksgiving with her 1997 Jetta. Over the past couple weeks she has had an intermittent MIL that came on again and stayed on while driving here for the holiday weekend. Checked it out for her and have found codes P1144 and P1145 stored, either one or the other, or...
  8. V

FS: Dr. Dan's 1996 B4 Passat w/upgrades, Seattle WA

Dr. Dan of Dr. Dan's is selling his '96 Passat sedan in preparation for moving on to a new project. I offered to copy his ad here since members may be interested in it. My own hands performed much of the work on it, and I can vouch that it is an excellent runner. Contact him directly if you are...
  9. V

Two cheap running Audi 5000 Diesels FS Seattle

Not mine, no connection to sellers: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/2474604340.html http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2463749271.html Interesting, would be nice to see these get picked up by someone interested in keeping them going. Pretty rare to see these for sale, let alone two at...
  10. V

Truly impressive clutch failure

Wonder why it wouldn't disengage quite right?? :eek: Novice manual trans driver + downtown Seattle hills x 155 ft-lb of TDI torque = a *lot* of heat... I have seen some good and burned clutches before, but this is the first time I've had one come out in pieces. :rolleyes: Most...
  11. V

FS 2002 Jetta TDI Wagon -- Indigo Blue -- Seattle WA

Longtime customer's car. 01M finally let go and he couldn't afford to fix it. We replaced the tranny and IP which had begun to leak (not resealed -- fully rebuilt by DFIS in Portland and done right) and went fully through the rest of the car to ensure it was all up to snuff. Fresh fluids and...
  12. V

AHU: gray smoke, high oil consumption, vacuum in the crankcase. Ideas?

Working on a 1997 Jetta that has become a problem child. It first came to us several months ago after going through 4 other shops that couldn't put it right. The major issue at that time was that it barely ran. The owner had been told it needed a new engine. We checked timing and discovered it...
  13. V

FS 2001 Jetta 5spd, 74k, exceptional, Seattle

An extremely nice 2001 Jetta came into my shop a couple weeks ago. It was one of the cleanest and best-kept ones I had ever seen and had only 74k on it, but was due (overdue actually) for a timing belt, the VNT mechanism was jammed with excessive carbon, and the owners had already bought a new...
  14. V

Torsion value after a BEW TB change

Changed the timing belt on an '04 Jetta yesterday. Did it as Bentley suggested, turning the cam sprocket fully counterclockwise while installing the belt then cinching down the sprocket-to-hub bolts in the position that left it in. It ended up with the bolt heads sitting fairly far to the right...
  15. V

1982 Volvo 240 Diesel wagon, rebuilt, Seattle

I've reached overload on Volvo Diesels and need to reduce the fleet a bit. I had planned to keep this 240 for many years, since it is ready to do another 100,000 miles without needing so much as a handful of oil changes. However, the plan has changed and the 240 is not part of it, so it's time...
  16. V

Volvo 2.4L TD vids w/ open exhaust

Thought some on here might enjoy hearing what a different type of VW diesel sounds like. :D Sorry about the low quality and the traffic... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AxMkJMXE4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScUoDTtFDz8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOfyr8xy9hk After years of driving...
  17. V

B4 pass power window non-functional, sudden failure. Can the "control module" fail?

B4 pass power window non-functional, sudden failure. Can the "control module" fail? I'm working on a 1996 Passat TDI wagon. The passenger window will not go down or respond to any commands at all from either window switch, or from the central locking system. Prior to complete failure, it had...
  18. V

Electrical problems: turn signals/flasher relay? (non-Passat B5 platform car)

I know this question is not about a B5.5 TDI, but this forum is where the best brains are so I thought I might ask here first... also this car is the same on the inside as a Passat so it's not that far off. I am trying to help a family member with an odd electrical problem on his 2001 Audi...
  19. V

94 GMC Vandura work/tow one ton van, DIESEL, cheap $1200. Need it gone! Denver/FoCo

Hoping someone will help me out and take this thing off my hands. Just drove it here from Boston, moving all my stuff out to Colorado. Now it's done its job and I really need it gone by Tuesday because I need the cash. I've got about $1700 in it in the last 6 months, but I'll take $1200 or any...
  20. V

Volvo D24T (same as VW LT engine): one cylinder missing off idle

I've got an irritating little miss in my Volvo TD's engine that has pretty odd symptoms. I have had no luck solving it yet so thought I might get some other opinions. The engine is a six-cylinder VW turbodiesel, for all intents and purposes identical internally to a 1.6L VW TD in a Jetta etc...