Search results

1. N

2006 Jetta TDI radio

RCD330+ has an AUX in and you can get it with CarPlay or Android Auto. https://rcd330plus.com
  2. N

Help with strut assembly

I am assembling new front struts for my 06 Jetta. I'm having trouble getting the spring to seat correctly against the bearing at the top. It will not stay aligned while undoing the spring compressors. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. pic It is all new parts. The bottom is in its...
  3. N

Let's play "Name That Part!"

It sounds like maybe just the pcv hose was loose which would let un-metered un-filtered air into the engine. I guess this could cause the stalling. I might be sick if I paid a shop to replace parts without my permission, not fix the problem, and then the problem turn out to be just a hose...
  4. N

Broken bolt in crank sprocket

I got it out with some left hand drill bits. I'm just not sure what torque spec to use on the new 6mm allen bolts when mine had 10mm triple square bolts. I think I'll just do 7ft-lbs +1/4 turn. It's probably the same as 18ft-lbs. I just see both values stated for the allen head bolts.
  5. N

It's both I guess. It's the serpentine belt harmonic balancer.
  6. N

It seems the ALH engine is 18 ft-lbs for the harmonic balancer and the BRM is 7ft-lbs +1/4 turn. However, ID parts sent me 6mm allen head bolts instead of 10mm triple-square bolts that were originally on it. I called them and he said he had never seen triple-square bolts on the BRM harmonic...
  7. N

So I was stupid and re-used the bolts on the harmonic balancer when doing the timing belt on my 06 Jetta. One of the bolt heads broke off flush with the crank sprocket. I've never had to remove a bolt like this before. I guess I should drill a hole through it and use an extractor? It seems the...
  8. N

Please give me your opinion on this camshaft

I haven't heard that about the seal. I will look into the one that came with the kit.
  9. N

yes, I am replacing all lifters and tty bolts
  10. N

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll put it in since no one else has anything to say, and I need to before winter. I hope the slightly different pressure and position on the lifter faces doesn't destroy anything.
  11. N

This is a new billet camshaft from ID Parts. The chamfer size on the lobes seem to be different for one side than it is on the other. I tried to take good pictures to show what I'm seeing. All of the lobes are like this. Would this be a problem? I've replaced the camshaft once before, and I...