1. D

Wheel Spacers?

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  2. D

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

New AGM battery and tires Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  3. D

Long Term Test- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Final Update! Time to bring this thread to a close :) It ended up taking longer than I expected and these tires are no longer a "new" design, but I can't just leave the ending open lol Had the new tires fitted yesterday. If you don't want to read any further about my thoughts, opinions, and...
  4. D

Wheel Spacers?

Thinking about going 10mm front and 15mm rear as well with the same wheels. Looking forward to the update!
  5. D

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Thanks man! Hopefully will have some more videos soon. I want to get some exhaust clips, POV driving, and more DIY maintenance stuff. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  6. D

Battery Replacement

Randomly clicked this thread a few days ago just out of curiosity to see what everyone was using. Irionically, I tried to start the car yesterday and just clicked. Wouldn't even take a jump. Trickle charged it for 24hrs and still just clicked. Decided to try an AGM for the first time. Optima...
  7. D

Penultimate Update! 35K Wow, I only drove it 5k in a year. Rotated Front to back on the same side (for now). Miles on tires - 34,907 Treadwear - Fronts - 3/32nds Rears - 4/32nds Towards the end of this run I definitely noticed a decrease of performance in moderate/heavy rain when it...
  8. D

Just ordered another set of AS3+ ;) Considered going Pilot Sport 4s for fun since my yearly mileage is so low now, but I still need cold weather performance. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  9. D

Working on 35k report now with pics. Will be replacing them sooner than anticipated....stay tuned! Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  10. D

26k mile transmission fluid change

I changed mine at 60k miles and it looked similar. I wasn't having any shifting problems and any improvement after was probably placebo even though it "felt" little smoother when cold. I also have the DG Sigma 6 and love it.
  11. D

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Still looking good! Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  12. D

Airlift 1000 Install DIY

Just noticed this thread got bumped. Everything is still great with the bags 2.5yrs later. They have been on the car for ~20k miles and appear to be in great shape. Ironically I only towed the Scamp with them installed on the Golf for about a year until we picked up a 2018 Tiguan and now we...
  13. D

Mostly city driving? What kind of MPg you get?

My last three full city tanks were 35.4, 38.9, 38.4 according to fuelly. Range was 475-520 on those tanks iirc. Most of the roads on my commute are 35-55mph and I don't flog it the whole time. Also mine is tuned/deleted so maybe not the best comparison. I also use a Frostheater anytime the...
  14. D

Tire recommends - '17 Porto alloy wheels

I'm nearing 35k on my AS3 + and I've been very happy with them. I haven't noticed the symptoms you are experiencing and mine are close to 3-4/32nds (I did a lot of towing with them). Will likely replace them with another set around 40-45k as I have really enjoyed them. There are better tires if...
  15. D

Planning on purchasing a SportWagen soon, towing question...

Check this out ;) http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=255330 Depending on the tongue weight the JSW will be able to pull 1000lb no problem. Stopping shouldn't be too bad either, but electric brakes would feel a lot better. Not sure about the hitch from the video, but there are...
  16. D

Show what you tow!

I would try the Pilot Super Sport replacement; Pilot Sport 4s or the conti extreme contact DW. iirc the Conti is known to have a slightly softer sidewall. Although, it seems to be the nature of a summer tire to have stiff sidewalls for better handling. If you don't "need" a summer only tire...
  17. D

Show what you tow!

I agree for the most part. This one is actually on a pretty small frame. It's a 2008 450cc and at the time it was the same size as the 350 2wd. Also the smallest 4x4 they made with IRS and lockers. I think now the smallest grizzly you can get is like 660 and it's on a HUGE frame. I think if I...
  18. D

Show what you tow!

Took the Grizzly out for ~35miles of 4x4 trails Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  19. D

Frostheater performance. What to expect

According to their website it's 1000W. It's a Zerostart heater that they package with custom hoses to fit different applications.
  20. D

Frostheater performance. What to expect

hmm. Maybe try a heavier gauge extension cord or at least a shorter one and see if that helps? If not the the problem may be the heater itself. How "used" was it?