Search results

1. A

free stuff for mkV

I will message you.
  2. A

free stuff for mkV

I got rid of my mkV and I still have some stuff left over. I am giving it away. Cleaning out my garage. 1L of Castrol 507 oil Cabin filter lower grill covers and a few other items 5L jug of BIO diesel, (maybe 2L left) not sure if its still good. Fuel treatment stuff Message me if...
  3. A

Flipped Battery

My father in law had similar thing happen to his Accord. Outside of a blown fuse, which was fairly expensive one , around $80, nothing was damaged.
  4. A

Bentley MKV manual for sale

SOLD. Thank you all.
  5. A

Bentley MKV manual for sale

Guys, I traded in my 09 MKV Jetta Wagon TDI on a 2016 Touareg, and no longer have a need for a Bentley JETTA MKV - 09-2010 Manual. It is in an excellent shape. All pages intact. Lived in my bookcase for 6+ years. Asking $50 with shipping included. Feel free to email me: vadim.nelson@me.com
  6. A

2009 Jetta Sportwagon TDI - To own or not to own

OP, if this car scares you, I would advise you not to buy it... BTW, you will also need to do a timing belt job around 120k which will be around $800 in parts and labor give or take. Its a big purchase and I would not want to have worries and fears hanging over my head when I drive the car...
  7. A

For TDI S Owners, heated seats needed?

in the mid-90 I had a Mustang with non-heated leather seats and I swore that i will never have a car with that feature missing.... I don't care if the seats are cooled, but heated is a must for me....
  8. A

2015 GSW TDI S 6M hunt

I think many folks got 3500-5000 off MSRP. It probably depends on your location too. Just browsing my dealers online inventory shows $3500 off msrp without even asking... I am guessing there is room for negotiation.
  9. A

Electrical Gremlins - looking for help

My panel looks a a little different with no fuses/labels , but in your picture it would be an 80 amp. Perhaps due to date of manufacture been different. Mine was build in 02/09.
  10. A

if you are looking at the fusebox/breakout panel from the front of the car, it would be the 5th from the left.
  11. A

2010 VW Jetta Randomly shut off

You do know that these TDI cars don't have spark plugs? :confused: You really need to get a scan of the codes to see what might be wrong. It might be bad fuel also.. You may also want to try changing a fuel filter... Just an idea.
  12. A

After a few months and a couple of occurrences of my car "locking" itself up I found the source of all my issues... I had a loose wire on the fuse box in the engine bay, that would wreck havoc on my electronics and CAN-BUS. It got so bad that at times I could not even connect with VCDS. Thank...
  13. A

2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI for sale (16,500)-Spokane WA area

Just a tip.. you may want to post some pics. I think your pricing is a bit high.
  14. A

How many miles are you getting on brakes and rotars

Just changed my rear pads and rotors resurfaced at 68k.
  15. A

Reasonably priced Diagnostic tool

Not sure about Canada, but many auto stores in US can do a free scan and let you know what the codes are.
  16. A

Visual modifications to my 2014 SPW

I suggest door moldings. Add some visual appeal ( imho) and are functional and inexpensive. +Fog lights.
  17. A

When to Replace Engine Air Filter?

I replace mine annually. Its cheap enough, and in my case it does get a bit sooty...
  18. A

the fuel tank I know about. I have disconnected that locking motor cause it got me stranded one time... The door, on the other hand, I investigated and did not find any broken wires. I will look again just to make sure I did not miss anything...
  19. A

Hyde, thanks for the tip... That is easy enough to try.
  20. A

I should have provided more details. A couple of days ago the remote would not unlock my doors. I had to use a key. Replaced a battery in the keyfob all seemed fine. Yesterday when I got into a car , headlights came on and the hazard blinkers when I tried to start the car. it started fine. This...