Search results

1. MrCypherr

T2 V6 TDI Overboost Sporadic

Got a T2 v6 TDI that maybe one or twice a month comes with a overboost fault. When it comes on, sometimes its just a cruising and not under load. Checked all the hoses/lines, nothing seems damaged or leaking. Checked the MAP sensor and the pressure sensor, No concerns there. Visually seems okay...
  2. MrCypherr

Upgrading to 18inch

Currently running 16" wheels on my wagon and thought about upgrading to 18 inch. Now I was looking at the 18" prisma wheels that come off the Atlas but also noticed that they weigh 32lbs (just wheel, no tire) each. Which would be around 128lbs just in wheels alone and not tires. Kind of heavy...
  3. MrCypherr

Oil additives for Winter temps?

* Sorry if this thread if this has been talked about. Did a quick search for this and really only found fuel related questions. * Being new to owning a TDI and being in Canada, we see some cold temperatures. I know the southern parts dont see AS bad as the nothern parts but since I travel to...
  4. MrCypherr

Newcomer!

Hey all from Canada! New to the whole TDI world. Just picked myself up a 2013 Golfwagon 6 speed with 148,000kms (92000 miles) on it. Decided to make a post in the forums and start being active! Right now it's bone stock with warranty left so no engine mods just yet. Most likely gonna do some...
  5. MrCypherr

Looking to build

Im looking at building a TDI engine in a mk3. Now, Im familiar with the PD engines that when built with proper internals and whatnot, can put out alot of power. Im looking to build a somewhat high tq engine and put it in a mk3. I was looking around and I noticed alot of the cars have the AHU in...
  6. MrCypherr

First Mk4 TDI

So, I'm looking into getting a mk4 golf diesel (ALH) for my first diesel car as I'm doing alot of driving. I found one thats cheap and the owner has records dating back to 2006. Everything seems to have been done and on time when needed. Car has 516,xxx kms on it. I know being an ALH and with...
  7. MrCypherr

Planning to switch

Hello, roughly new here as I don't own a TDI currently but I'm looking into getting one. Right now I have a mk7 golf 1.8T. I've had it for just under 10 months and already at 30,000kms. I plan on doing way more driving in the time to come (road trips , beach trips, etc..) I'm here asking if...
  8. MrCypherr

Mk4 TDi Golf

I'm thinking about getting a new car and it's going to be a MK4 Golf. Now Im deciding between gas and diesel. I've come here to ask the TDi people what are some the pros and cons of having one. I've never driven a TDi before nor a MK4. I already know one of the pros is you don't fill up often...