Search results

1. D

DSP "Foam Fix" Blend Door plug kit

Just installed a set of plugs in my 2005 Jetta MkIV Sedan. Worked exactly as expected. Excellent product, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  2. D

DSP "Foam Fix" Blend Door plug kit

Just ordered one kit for my 2005 BEW Jetta Sedan. This looks to be very much of a time saver in the tight confines you have to work in. Any kits coming for the exterior air door or the director door? Thanks for mentioning the off gas period, and your choice of application products. I was...
  3. D

Very low power after cold start (04 BEW)

Thanks for the pressure test rig parts list. I think the plugged exhaust is preventing turbo spool up. The vnt17 will not spool well at low power anyway, but it should be MUCH better than this. The smoke limiter is based on air flow; if you pull the MAF connector it will use a default airflow...
  4. D

2006 Jetta wont stay running after Sunroof Leak

On earlier cars there was a sensor ring around the key for picking up the RFID signal. I would start with finding every connector in that path and cleaning it with contact cleaner.
  5. D

2006 Jetta wont stay running after Sunroof Leak

That immobilizer code - the anti theft is the probable culprit.
  6. D

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

There are some fan tests in post #1 of this thread. You can test the fan speeds by jumpering the radiator temperature switch. It is obvious once your ear is trained, not obvious otherwise if fast or slow. This is a very common question. Genesis, add the following, as well - if the AC...
  7. D

BEW/PD Owners check your lift pump

The $68 and the $209 dollar one you listed appear to be identical. Both have lift pumps that put out 5-8 psi and about 55 liters per hour. At least that is what is shown in the photos. One could be a knock-off, I guess, made to look identical but of cheaper stuff. The sending unit only was...
  8. D

This fuel pump is for Mark IV. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-Module-with-Sending-Unit-for-VW-Jetta-Beetle-Golf-L4-1-9-TDI-Diesel-/13237752714 It looks exactly like the VDO one I bought years ago, same colors etc. Mine is still on the shelf as a spare. It only fits the BEW engined cars (Golf...
  9. D

test N75 > VCDS > Measuring Blocks > Switch to basic Settings > "Greyed Out"

Dan Schein did 99% of the work on that file; I only contributed the one block. I try to keep a copy handy.
  10. D

2006 Jetta TDI - 30 DTC errors - Where to start?

He replaced the battery, it was really old. It has been running fine since then. Next time I am here when he comes by I will check the ripple again. I was really just posting the number here as a cache. If I do get an update, I will post it here as well. I don't have a real O'scope, but I...
  11. D

Glad to hear the issue appears resolved. I have one more data point, an apparently well running V6 Tahoe, with a very old very weak battery (would not start on cold mornings any more) was reading about .050 vac or 50 mvAC rms of ripple.
  12. D

Clutch change procedure G60 and DMF flywheels

https://www.idparts.com/front-engine-mount-bolts-bracket-bolts-set-a4-p-1129.html This gives the part numbers.
  13. D

I no longer suggest doing the modification. It is hard to do the mod in a fashion that is high enough quality to add the "pull through mode" without adding unintended failure modes that actually increase the unreliability.
  14. D

Look at fields 12,3 for voltage, 16,1 for alternator load. 16,4 for voltage again. The Ross-tech link also sends you to field 16,1 for alternator load signal. I thought the alternator load showed up somewhere else, but I could not find it. It is reported to the transmission for automatics...
  15. D

This is still on the old alternator? Are you near the coast? History of corrosion? Do you have VCDS? There are some alternator load control fields.
  16. D

Here is a link to this file. http://freetexthost.com/p2a6df1hqx
  17. D

There is one. Look at block 43, field 1 is N75 duty cycle, field 2 is turbo actuator vane position. This is not documented by VW (anywhere I can find). it was documented by myself and Dan Schein in a very handy expanded label file. I cannot guarantee this works on all PD engines, but it...
  18. D

car dies with 10amp fuse in really need help

humpty, I suggest you start a new thread with your problem. You will probably get much better response.
  19. D

Are you seeing any idle speed changes on your car when it is acting up? If voltage drops to less than 12.7 it is supposed to increase idle speed. If it drops to less than 12.2 volts it shuts off a list of loads (including the AC), then even more at 11.8 volts.
  20. D

My Bentley manual has some fuse data, but it is also hard to use for the "low" fuse panel model that is like your picture. It put in another numbered sketch of the "high" panel rather than the proper low panel sketch. However, if i use the same numbering scheme on the low panel as was used...