Search results

1. B

Anyone still like to meet ? NC?

Man I miss those GTG'S at Dan, it was those that hooked me (along with Dans personal help). Now the proud owner of 5 tdis 300k on 06 jetta.
  2. B

dsg issue

06 jetta brm dsg 283k miles, during trip from Beaufort SC to Fort Worth Tx trans would not shift into 6th in drive mode flip into manual mode up and down no prob very crisp and sure, after park it shifts perfectly. I plugged in vcds and no codes check temp running at 85c after 250 or so miles...
  3. B

04 will not start

Turns out it was the crank position sensor start every time. I cleared the codes and now nothing but number 1 glow plug. thank all
  4. B

04 will not start

scan after engine change Chassis Type: 3B (3B - VW Passat B5 (1997 > 2005)) Scan: 01 02 03 08 15 16 17 19 35 36 37 46 47 55 56 57 58 75 76 77 VIN: WVWPE63B64E344201 Mileage: 409320km-254339miles ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 01: Engine...
  5. B

04 will not start

thanks will do
  6. B

04 will not start

Ok I have scanned it and only things are the glow plugs and the asv.
  7. B

04 will not start

Hello Folks, I recently replaced the engine in my 04 B5 with another from a salvage yard. When the motor was installed but before assembling the rest of the car I purged the air from the fuel system through the glow plugs according to a post I read only got fuel from #4, installed the glow plugs...
  8. B

B5/B5.5 specific how-to threads/posts

Hello Folks, I recently replaced the engine in my 04 B5 with another from a salvage yard. When the motor was installed but before assembling the rest of the car I purged the air from the fuel system through the glow plugs according to a post I read only got fuel from #4, installed the glow plugs...
  9. B

VAG-COM scan

Thanks guys Richard55 is a little further than I can go right now hoping for someone local.
  10. B

VAG-COM scan

Anyone around Aiken SC or Augusta GA able to do a scan on my 06 jetta. The CEL came on yesterday with the wife driving, all seems OK just need to find out whats up.
  11. B

GTG Chapin, SC January 25, 2014

Thanks Dan for another great GTG. Thanks also to everyone involved with the DSG service, the alt pulley replace and other misc work. My compliments to the chef for awesome food and gracious host for the location. Until next time again thanks Donnie
  12. B

GTG Chapin, SC January 25, 2014

Will be there always have a great time with all and have a few loose ends to tie up.
  13. B

Engine Speed sensor G28 bad P0322, ECM memory DTC 18256, 01314, in other modules

Yeah, Dan is the man many thanks go out to him. The car is running good for what I believe will be many a fun mile. Don't forget Dan if you need something just yell.
  14. B

GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

Thanks Dan for a great gtg. After the 1.5 tune I can't get the smile off my face.
  15. B

GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

Hey Dan I'm planning on coming Saturday any preference to drinks, chip or deserts? I've signed up for a tune and also would like some guidance on doing a cam inspection.
  16. B

Doin's at Dan's

Have not seen much happening lately hope all is well.
  17. B

2006 jetta headliner issues

The dealership in Augusta Ga looked at my headliner and told me he didn't think anything could be done as the car had 99k on it, how miles could cause a headliner to pull away and fall is beyond me but he would call it in. VW said they would pay for half as a good will but I found a local shop...
  18. B

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Hey all, would like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a trusted mechanic in the Augusta Ga. or Aiken SC. area? My 06 jetta is at a shop now that I have lost all faith in.
  19. B

Aiken or Augusta

Well I purchased a 3 year 36000 mile warranty from the Credit Union when I bought the car. As for what's broke, a shop in Aiken did the timing belt service and since then they replaced the ecu, mass air flow meter, cv axles and now talking about the voltage to the mass air flow meter is still to...
  20. B

Aiken or Augusta

Thanks, I was just checking as I have a warranty and was in hopes of finding a good one nearby until the warranty goes out. The shop that the dealer and myself choose ain't working out excuse after excuse.