Search results

1. 0

T/signal coding for 2016 GSW-TSI

Anyone got the code to change t/s from three blinks to five (as in my 2012 tdi... that I "had to sell.":rolleyes:
  2. 0

Nav unit swap ?

Will the 2016 nav unit from an SEL fit ... plug-in AND work w/o wiring change(s) ?
  3. 0

Politicians… go away !

Congresswoman raises concerns about VW settlement oversight Kalifornia is trying to sneak it's nose under the tent in "demanding others" have a say in VW's electric car program. :( http://www.reuters.com/article/volkswagen-emissions-idUSL2N1CE00X?DCMP=NWL-pro_top
  4. 0

The 6 speed tranny

Is it "normal" for the 2012 TDI/MT… to be "difficult" to engage 1st gear, while slowing to a stop ? n.b. no other concerns about shifting e.g., slack, etc. TIA (beyond desire for a short shifter kit from dieselgeek.) ;)
  5. 0

Console lid stuck open !

Dealer tech says remove two screws from panel that carries the 115v AC plug and heater/ac vents, as first step. On the 2012 JSW "hi-line" — there aren't any screws. :eek: Any hints on how to remove that panel, to get started on fitting the "repair kit" sold to fix the STUCK OPEN LID ? TIA
  6. 0

Parts catalog(s)

What do folks in Canada do for parts when none of the VW/ca sites visited offer an on-line Parts Catalog ? P.S. I must be doing it wrong.
  7. 0

MFD warning light

for left front lamp, following R&R of headlight switch and dash dimmer (to install the driver's cubby (small glove box avail. on CDN Hi-Line models). With car running, I check and ALL lights to the front (pkg, headlite and T/S lamps) work as designed. Any suggestions as to cause… and a fix ? TIA
  8. 0

Where do you go

… to get the flashing brake lights, triggered by the ABS (been mentioned here) when the dealer says— "Can do but offers no guarantee the procedure won't FU the ECM/ECU in some 'unknown' manner" ?
  9. 0

Dust

Anybody offer a "skirt" for the back of the JSW, to keep dust off the rear window ? TIA
  10. 0

RNS-315 update

How long can one allow the 2012 TDI to idle (for a Nav system update) ? n.b. provider states update process takes "45 to 90 min." w/ engine running but car not moving. :eek:
  11. 0

Fuelly.com

Why do those folks think that 60,080 is too close to 59,612 to be a valid entry on their website ? :confused: P.S. And eMailing them for an answer is fruitless… :mad: :(
  12. 0

2012 Nav/Audio system ?

OK, why's the darn thing "auto-delete" ALL the addresses I have entered ? Worked perfectly, heading east outa' South Dakota, in Vermont… this afternoon, cue up the address book and nada. FWIW, North American v.02, if useful. Dagnabbit ! :confused: :mad::mad: :(
  13. 0

2012 Nav/Audio system ?

Lined out how to get musik (and books) xfr from computer files to SD card. Whew ! Now, can the SD card (with music/audio books) be formatted (in files, folders, etc) in a manner to allow folder/file selection via the Nav/Audio controls. ? Thanks, Richard P.S. O/M has no mention, beyond SD...
  14. 0

Cupholder ?

2012 JSW/TDI, 6MT… Can the cupholder insert (between the seats) be flipped, end for end (so the "smaller one" is in the front) ?
  15. 0

Rolling test bed(s)

Not a whole lot of MY miles on the 02 w/ 225 and the 05 w/ 335K but this new-to-me 2012 JSW @ 54K seems to be a participant in the VW Rolling Test Bed program. As reported here, multiple issues pop up, eventually they find (and deliver) a fix e.g. DPF, EGR flapper, TPMS, etc. Sometimes for...
  16. 0

Interesting situation

re: the CR & DPF "design"… with hard coding which:1) does not advise the driver a NECESSARY process (regeneration) is in progress… and 2) allows the cruise function to prevent the NECESSARY process (regeneration) and 3) allows incomplete regeneration cycle(s) — smacks of __________________...
  17. 0

Tire ?

What's a good QUIET tire to replace Continental ContiPro Contact, size 225R45/17 ? And a good SNOW tire ? TIA, Richard
  18. 0

A possible alternative ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34064072 Is diesel fuel that is made from atmospheric Carbon Dioxide, an alternative fuel ?
  19. 0

IQ (injector quantity)

Vehicle #1 in order, by milligram per stroke (mg/str) Cyl 1 > Cyl 4… -0.12 -0.4 0.0 0.56 Vehicle #2 in order, by milligram per stroke (mg/str) Cyl 1 > Cyl 4… 0.47 -0.37 0.49 -0.35 Are either of these IQs out of spec ? If so, which one, and what are the consequences ? TIA
  20. 0

BEW/PD Cruise Control

OK, there aren't a whole bunch of us out there… but how many can't maintain set speed when entering a hill ?