Search results

1. C

2011 JSW EXCELLENT COND., GOOD MODS, DEALER MAINTAINED, Oregon.

2011 Volkswagen TDI Sportwagen. 2 Adult owners since new. Meticulously maintained and regular services performed by Authorized Volkswagen Dealer. Purchased from V.W. Gladstone, Oregon as a "Certified Pre-Owned" *KERMA ECU & DSG Tunes. Very punchy excelleration, and quicker, firmer shifts. *All...
  2. C

Intermittent hard start, now no start....NOW 2nd DEAD HPFP!!!

Hello all, So this has been an ongoing issue for about 4-6 months I think. Occasionally long cranking starts, then back to periods of being "normal". I've changed out 4 fuel filters in the last 6 weeks, thinking it might be contamination in the tank. I checked both intercooler hoses, no...
  3. C

Preferred fuel filter brand???

Hello all, So I'm dealin with a bit of dirty fuel and might go through a couple filters in quick succession. What is THE BEST/PREFFERED fuel filter element for our TDI's? As it turns out DIRTY FUEL is MY hard start issue.
  4. C

Immobilizer problem

So..., I was out drivin my 2011 JSW, (144K, very regular maintanance at the dealer) this eve. runnin some Lyft. Just dropped of a rider, stop to use a restroom and got back it to resume. Started it...it died🤯 Did it again, died again. I look at the dash in shock "SAFE" "IMMOBILIZER" 😡🤬🤬🤬🤬...
  5. C

Oil Consumption?

Hello All, Just curious if it's normal for 2009-2014 model TDI's to use any oil in between the 10k interval oil changes?
  6. C

Auto Polar FIS Module EXCELLENT condition

Up for sale is my Auto Polar FIS PF04 control module. I installed it in my 2011 TDI JSW at the same time I installed my Kerma tune..I honestly was intrigued by the ability to run youtube through the stereo display screen but....I never bothered to set anything up. So, Ive decided I don't really...
  7. C

Auto Polar FIS Module EXCELLENT condition

Up for sale is my Auto Polar FIS PF04 control module. I installed it in my 2011 TDI JSW at the same time I installed my Kerma tune, in about January 2019. I honestly was intrigued by the ability to run youtube through the stereo display screen but....I never bothered to set anything up. So...
  8. C

Brake pads and rotors

Hi all, So Im at about 120k on my JSW and Im getting a little shudder when braking at 55+. It's not really a cibration that comes through the streering wheel, but I'm thinkin' it's about time for brakes. I drive Lyft and other delivery stuff, so I guess I'm a "severe duty" application. What are...
  9. C

2011 JSW TDI Stalled, no start, no CEL

So, today about 30 mins ago, I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for Lyft rides..I got a call for a pickup, started the car, put it in gear and heard a tingling, jingly sound. Thought it was weird, but put the car in gear, a dsg, and started to drive..Got about a block, car stalled at an...
  10. C

Excessive regen cycles

Hello all, I have a 2011 JSW. Bought it about a year ago, C.P.O. car, 68k on it when I got it. 1 previous owner, Portland Or. local car. It has had what seems like excessive regen. cycles since I bought it. It has the Kerma DSG and ECU tunes, but it has done the LONG regens before and after the...
  11. C

Kerma Tune/ Polar FIS display

Hello all, So, I decided to go with the Kerma ECU/DSG tunes on my JSW. I felt keeping all of the emissions junk in place might be better off for now. I elected to get the Polar FIS display unit included. What would be the most desireable functions to have the display screens show? ALL INFO...
  12. C

Kerma Tune/ Polar FIS display

Hello all, So, I decided to go with the Kerma ECU/DSG tunes on my JSW. I felt keeping all of the emissions junk in place might be better off for now. I elected to get the Polar FIS display unit included. What would be the most desireable functions to have the display screens show? ALL INFO...
  13. C

Idle speed

What is the normal idle speed, when the car is TOTALLY warmed up after more than say, 30 mins, of steady driving?
  14. C

JSW Buying advice

Hello all, So, I'm trying to buy a JSW from a local dealership. Between two cars, 1 is a CPO car with 53K on it, has some dings/small exterior imperfections. Car 2 is a local car, 61K on it seems to run a little smoother/stronger and is almost perfect and a locally sold and owned car. Both are...
  15. C

Malone Tunes, CEL?

Hello all, TDI shopping lately. I drove a 2011 JSW TDI that is said to have had the Malone Stage 2 engine/DSG tune performed. It was a decent vehicle, but it's showing a CEL. The one-owner says that's from having the tune done. Is that correct? Do Malone Tunes cause a check engine code to be...
  16. C

Panaramic roof reliability/ issues?

Hello All TDI-ndividuals, I'm finally about to move forward on a TDI Jetta Sportwagen purchase. I'm really looking fo a solid roof model, but am facing the possibility that may not be available when I'm seriously ready to purchase. If I had to buy one with the Pano roof, I wouldn't likely use it...
  17. C

Wagon Hunting, Uhuuuhuuhuuhu!! Elmer Fudd Ref.

Hello All TDI'ers I'm needing a group opinion. I run a delivery route, about 150-200 miles a day. I currently drive an '01 Subbie Outback wagon. I like the sure-footedness of the AWD, but...the fuel economy is stink-bug, avg. 25mpg mixed city/open road. Also, my youngest is almost 18 and I'd...