Search results

1. Thunder Chicken

Finally lifted my golf wagon

Only does the shimmy under higher torque, almost any speed…. Tires and rims are changed out summers and winters and does it same on both. But good thought!
  2. Thunder Chicken

I did and it was all in spec. I’ve done about 25k km and had no weird tire wear. Besides what I think is the axle shimmy, it worked great for a 10k km road trip. Now that winter is over I’ve found broken links, one broken rear spring…. (Suplex brand springs)
  3. Thunder Chicken

I love my lifted height, but I’ve also noticed a weird shimmy that may be an axle doing something funny…. Ive also broke sway arm links like crazy it seems…. Not sure if any of this is related to the lift, or the fact the car has hit the 10 years old self destruct age…(thanks salty roads and...
  4. Thunder Chicken

Rawtek Options

I had pure contacts as well and liked them. I have a stage 2. I wouldn’t believe the dash economy from what others here say…. Figure it out with a pen and paper when you top up.
  5. Thunder Chicken

Rawtek Options

If you want to save fuel, slow down. Air up your tires. Have decent tires (cost $). while the delete will save some mileage, (I’m 6sp not dsg) I went from high 5’s/6ish before to low 5’s after, on average. (Less than 1l/100km). I worked it out and I’d have to drive something like 200,000km...
  6. Thunder Chicken

Rawtek Options

No. I have a resonator where the cat used to be. I have the original muffler. If there is/was 2 I forget that part.
  7. Thunder Chicken

2012 JSW 6MT issue shifting into first

My car started shifting weird/ missing gears and I panicked. When in a shop for check over, the guys showed me how the nut holding the linkage/arm on was about to fall off! (Look at the link posted above) That simple, problem fixed. Pull off the air filter box and take a look. If that the...
  8. Thunder Chicken

Rawtek Options

^ I choose the resonator just to maybe quiet it down as some reviews said there may be a bit of a ‘droning’ noise in the cab without….. can’t say but I find it as quiet as original.
  9. Thunder Chicken

Rawtek Options

I left the factory muffler and got the resonator from Rawtek. (Quick glance looks like a fancy cat) Can’t comment how loud or droning sounding it would be without, but I find it quiet. It’s been on for 5-6 years now, no issues.
  10. Thunder Chicken

Crank, Intermittent Start, Flashing Glow plug light

I wonder if it’s something as simple…… (ok sorry) as a chaffed wiring harness somewhere? I found 2 little wire in mine rubbing on a bracket and that was causing all sorts of codes, unrelated to the sensor the wire actually went to.
  11. Thunder Chicken

2011 Golf TDI Facing $5k Repair bill, and could use some advice…

OP, you also mentioned being worried about a stage 2 and your clutch. I’ve been 6-7 years now and about 100k miles on stage 2 and (knock on wood) clutch is fine. I don’t drive it like a retard too often but I do enjoy the odd spirited run. I do enjoy the increased fuel economy though...
  12. Thunder Chicken

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

In Canada….. beginning of week was 1.639 per litre (6.23/gal). Last night it was 1.899/L (7.18/g). That’s a heck of a hike for 4 days, I don’t think there’s been a tanker truck visit the station I fill at in those 4 days…. Ugh.
  13. Thunder Chicken

flashing glow plug light-scan included

Thanks for the comment, that’s quite a job by the looks of it. There’s a thread here of oilhammer doing one…. I’m way beyond warranty if it comes to that!
  14. Thunder Chicken

So, it’s been a few days and about 1000km later….. I found 2 wires chaffed to bare wire and rubbing on a metal bracket. This was on the sensor that has a few hoses on it, one of which had something to do with the (non existent) DPF. After examining the wiring harness as best as possible...
  15. Thunder Chicken

MK6 2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI DSG Speed Reading 8-9% Over Actual

Your speed finding sounds typical. There’s an allowed tolerance, 6% or 10% rings a bell? 100 is actually 93 for me. 111 is actually 104-105. Seems to me the odometer is not off that much though. Ever own a Skidoo? They have dream-meters on them rather than speedometers.
  16. Thunder Chicken

Annnnd, as what I thought would be unrelated but I’ll mention it in case….. a few years ago the radio quit working. Error in VCDS is ‘infoainment bus error’ or something like that. I wired 12v from a different fuse position and got the radio working. (After buying a new aftermarket one...
  17. Thunder Chicken

So cleared the codes and it idled fine yesterday. Drive 100km into work this am and it was fine. Started to leave work and get the flashing flow plug light again. Restart car…. Then it wouldn’t start… would fire but not start. So unhooked battery and touched cables together to try a reset of...
  18. Thunder Chicken

I thought about the battery… it was recently replaced but that does not mean much. On these cold mornings it struggles more then the original did (same cca 🙄) once I have room in the garage I plan to dig and take a good look at all the wiring. We have had mice around. time to get another cat...
  19. Thunder Chicken

I’ll add that I did this scan while the car was running with the glow plug light blinking. I also made a log and may have fuel pressure on it. have read during some searches that the brake light switch may cause this issue as well?! As a note, the car has been parked inside a heated garage...
  20. Thunder Chicken

So recently we've been getting an occasional flashing glow plug light. I scanned the car this morning as it started right after we fired up to warm up the car. It was -34c. This car is Stage 2 Deleted. I do have the complete scan, a few weird intermittent codes in seat warmers, some lights...