1. ThatBruceGuy

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30

40% Sale is back up as of 2022-02-22 💸
  2. ThatBruceGuy

507 00 compared to MB229.52

Good point. I vote to delete the whole thread
  3. ThatBruceGuy

507 00 compared to MB229.52

Hello y'all, I was looking at the specs for the new CDI oils and they've upgraded from the older .51 to .52 Is there any difference other than a low SAP target? Take for example LiquiMoly Toltec 4600 It's a 5W-30. Passes dexos2, BMW LL-4, MB229.51& .52 And yet it only meets 505 00/505 01 but...
  4. ThatBruceGuy

AGM Prtoective Battery Box Blanket

Hello TDI club, I'm shopping for an AGM replacement and came across several references to the Protective Battery Case needed to shield the AGM from heat. Looking up the part number HQ0-915-411H but nothing *fits* according to the VWPartsComputer. What gives? Is there a proper shield or...
  5. ThatBruceGuy

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

Seeing a lot of evidence to support the claim that the battery is a link in this chain. I suppose Step One of this "long crank" problem is to cold-start the engine with a fresh battery (or jump pack) and see if the problem goes away.
  6. ThatBruceGuy

Diesel fuel quality question?

The holistic benefits of V-power are expensive and probably worth it, maybe... But I'm more inclined to believe that your VW's wiring and body will corrode and wear out faster than the engine. I think they're preying on our suspicion that *basic* diesel isn't good enough. However, there's a...
  7. ThatBruceGuy

Canadians who have bought a car from the USA, how did you get insurance?

call either Desgardin, or Allstate.
  8. ThatBruceGuy

I could likely be the in-take fuel pump. If I press Start to cycle the glowplugs but not pump the pedal for 4sec, then it still cranks longer. However, if I pump the pedal while the car first cycles, then there is no long crank. Is there a way to datalog the fuel pump and glowplugs with...
  9. ThatBruceGuy

The coldstart crank on my GSW has been getting more *sputtery*, in addition to spending more time turning over than I'm comfortable with. The "press for start for Acc, pedal press 3x, then start" method suggested by JELLOWSUBMARINE has been helpful but not a permanent fix. Is there a good way...
  10. ThatBruceGuy

fuel filler flap frustration

How'd you pull it out? I've noticed that the Mk7 version is different than the Mk6 filler neck. Couldn't pull mine out with a pick.
  11. ThatBruceGuy

WTB: Flashzilla

So for all intents and purposes, once you flash a Powergate to a VIN, there's no way to rewrite that VIN assignment eh?
  12. ThatBruceGuy

WTB: Flashzilla

Is there no way to reset the Powergate?
  13. ThatBruceGuy

Is heater Core Covered under emissions warranty.

Was there any discoloration of the coolant in the Overflow Tank?
  14. ThatBruceGuy

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30

40% Sale is back up as of 2021-08-03 💸
  15. ThatBruceGuy

Minimalist Toyota/ALH transplant: cluster required?

You can pair it down quite a bit. Have you followed Nick Jay Osterbaan part 1 part 2 or Austin for a 2nd opinion? Break out your note taking skills.
  16. ThatBruceGuy

Mobil 1 ESP 5W30

If you ever see it go on sale in your area please post the location. Any ontario store will price match their other locations.
  17. ThatBruceGuy

Radiator Fan Manual Switch

Is there a proper part number for this 2015 Mk7 Trailer Module? Or is this a UK/Euro part since the US tdi's say "do not tow" in the manual?
  18. ThatBruceGuy

MK7 Headlight Swap

When you turn a corner at an intersection, the corresponding fog light comes on when you turn the wheel past a certain point. It ain't that useful, the beam doesn't go very far. You're not missing out on much.
  19. ThatBruceGuy

Coolant after run pump

Are you referring to the [Heater Support Pump] on the back of the engine? Or the pump on the side with the N489 Valve? Look at page 22 of the Self Study document. https://pics3.tdiclub.com/data/517/820433_EA288.pdf