Search results

1. Scott_DeWitt

best gearing available for 01Etdi trans

Pretty sure that won't work.
  2. Scott_DeWitt

N.A. Source for 4.2 v8 tdi?

Not road going vehicle officially came to the USA or Canada with the 4.2 tdi. I have a 4.2 tdi from a 2007 A8.
  3. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

No
  4. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

This isn't true, after 2002. later engines have bolt patterns that have different bolting patterns.
  5. Scott_DeWitt

End of a 12mm pump! WHY?

If I am not mistaken the 12mm pump head is chinese, and junk.
  6. Scott_DeWitt

U.S. Comeback?

Probably not. Diesel is dead in the USA and with the up and coming electric car craze will likely never come back.
  7. Scott_DeWitt

2017 RDI Conversion?

There's a huge difference between a C5 swap and a 2017 passat. Since all the electronics are integrated in the 2017, the best bet is to start with a similar car that is TDI, ie import everything from Europe.
  8. Scott_DeWitt

Audi A8 D2 3.7 to 2.5 r5 tdi manual cheap swap

okay I thought you meant Toureg R5 engine.
  9. Scott_DeWitt

audi b8 tdi swap info

You pretty much will have to get an entire B8 tdi to get everything to work correctly.
  10. Scott_DeWitt

Audi A8 D2 3.7 to 2.5 r5 tdi manual cheap swap

That's not an R5 engine.
  11. Scott_DeWitt

BHW/01E 6 Speed Swap

Incorrect. The C5 6 speed, passat W8 6 speed, and Allroad 6 speed shifters will work if you use all the shifter parts and the correct mounting points on the transmission.
  12. Scott_DeWitt

W8/Auto to TDI/6spd Discussion

The W8 uses a transmission bell housing that is significantly deeper than any other 01E. W8 clutch and flywheel clearance issues will result with a different 01E transmission.
  13. Scott_DeWitt

USA Based Audi Q7 TDI 3.0 to 4.2

The list of differing parts is rather exstensive. Also the 4.2 doesn't have a certificate of conformity so it can't be imported legally.
  14. Scott_DeWitt

FTS passat 4motion gearbox.

FTS and DQT are not identical.
  15. Scott_DeWitt

Unfixed TDIs to be de-registered and banned from roads

I would think that in the USA, de-registering one's vehicle (IE taking one's property) without due process would be a Constitutional violation.
  16. Scott_DeWitt

Alh/bew fuel mileage pulling 10k lbs

Towing 10,000 pounds in a car that weighs a third that?? Really? Is it April 1st?
  17. Scott_DeWitt

02J will be cryo treating gears anything else to be bullet proof

Pinion brace, diff bolts, 5th gear oiling mods, updated pinion bearing, updated synchros etc etc.. You are still left with gears that have a width of less than 12mm.
  18. Scott_DeWitt

02J will be cryo treating gears anything else to be bullet proof

You can only do so much with stock parts, and the 02J is no exception.