Search results

1. DanEboy

ALH power problems

You didn't mention if the oil the previous owner gave you was FULL synthetic?? Found this was cause of my lack of power!!!
  2. 20200607_174144.jpg

20200607_174144.jpg

ALH VNT-15 Actuator off 2000 Jetta w 155k
  3. DanEboy

2000 Jetta ALH cranks but no start

The dribbles from 1,2 and 4 could just be air in the lines. Crank for 20 seconds with all three just cracked, then tighten them up. Give starter a few minutes to cool down. And repeat until you get a good squirt, then tighten up and try starting again.
  4. DanEboy

2000 Jetta ALH cranks but no start

I would have soaked the the rings with transmission fluid while it was apart. If they ran dry they could have gotten hot and be stuck in their grooves. Have you tried starting it with a bit of starting fluid? (either sprayed into the intake hose?
  5. DanEboy

Losing my mind. Possible bad (new turbo)? Someone please tell me i'm missing something

Remove the intake pipe to the turbo. Does it make boost with it removed? Can you spin the turbo vanes by hand? Do they move effortlessly?
  6. DanEboy

Losing my mind. Possible bad (new turbo)? Someone please tell me i'm missing something

DgD, that's exactly how a clogged exhaust would perform. Under 'no load' conditions there is enough flow. But under load the 'after turbo' pressure builds due to the restriction. The exhaust not flowing stalls the turbo. If you could measure rpm of the turbo, you would see the rpm's rising...
  7. DanEboy

The cat could be clogged. And I have heard of the internals of mufflers coming loose and blocking flow. When you 'stuff it' what does it rev up to? Does it rev up quickly? Does it loose rpm if you keep it floored? I guess you'll see tomorrow.
  8. DanEboy

Some new noises ??

The engine moves around on it's mounts while starting so I would check all your boost hoses for cracks and also the flex pipe in the exhaust for leaks.
  9. DanEboy

Still won’t rev after rebuild

Contaminated fuel (water)? Clogged fuel filter?
  10. DanEboy

If you could read boost pressure off of the manifold (drill & tap for a nipple) and you see appropriate pressure there, then I'd say you're not getting the corresponding amount of fuel to make power. Could you have a clogged fuel filter or fuel line or pick up?? Bad fuel? Clogged exhaust?
  11. DanEboy

Hi Scott, I saw your last posting about the clacking noise you were hearing. The other day I...

Hi Scott, I saw your last posting about the clacking noise you were hearing. The other day I started my car and on top of the normal diesel engine sound there was a distinct 'clacking' noise. It gets loader with load. Even just putting it in 'drive' makes it louder. What did your noise turn out...
  12. 19990121_10155005839992968_4423808425999753716_n.jpg

19990121_10155005839992968_4423808425999753716_n.jpg

13. DanEboy

FOR SALE- Madison, WI- Garret GT1749v Turbo Kit- ALHs and BEWs

How to upload photos in Xenforo and use them in your posts | TDIClub Forums
  14. DanEboy

FOR SALE- Madison, WI- Garret GT1749v Turbo Kit- ALHs and BEWs

All for sale items are required to have a picture(s).
  15. DanEboy

Miscellaneous new ALH engine parts for sale.

Please list items you have for sale, with asking prices.
  16. DanEboy

Speedometer going CRAZY!!!

On my 2000 Jetta ALH Auto... Only when in drive, stopped or at any speed the speedo swings higher than actual speed. Like when doing 40 it'll swing all the way to 100, then 70 then up to 80 etc. etc. Can someone tell me where the sensor is located that supplies this signal? Can I unplug this...
  17. DanEboy

Larger OEM Oil Cooler from a 3.6 VR6

Out of curiosity, what do you need to install this onto an ALH? Longer bolt, seal(s), new hoses?