Search results

1. jasonTDI

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

For immediate needs worldpac-dealer local other supplier. For planned work and orders I use IDParts.com.
  2. jasonTDI

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Yes, and I use them too but shops have overhead and margin to think about as well as liability. Worldpac and the dealer can an do supply OE and OEM parts to shops at a WHOLESALE level.
  3. jasonTDI

Best water pump?

Holy neco-thread. I have seen VERY, VERY few in years and 2500 timing belts ago. HEPU, GRAF, SALAREI all have no issues. If there is a leak, you nicked the seal putting it in.
  4. jasonTDI

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

I'd love a meet up.
  5. jasonTDI

TDI fest 2019-2020

It would be cool to have another GTG.
  6. jasonTDI

Blow by but dry compression above spec

It's not blow by (mostly). It's a normal operation of this motor. And 276 compression. If you pulled all the glow plugs and test the car after a few revolutions the oil pressure is up and lubing. I've NEVER seen a cold motor 60F show numbers below 375. EVER. If your compression was actually that...
  7. jasonTDI

Had a timing belt break

$3K? Jebus.....That's a $2-$2200 job max with a new head and a lot of new parts. It's not hard and doesn't take that long if you actually know what you are doing.
  8. jasonTDI

Had a timing belt break

I agree with a new replacement head vs. reman.
  9. jasonTDI

Pure coincidence? Broken right side motor mount right after timing belt replacement.

They broke because they were either way over tightened or left loose. Couple big bumps in the road and its done. Seen it many, many times.....
  10. jasonTDI

Timing belt off center after changing (1.6 tdi)

Position does not matter. Tension does.
  11. jasonTDI

BRM cylinder head

Heilicoil should fix it. Don't follow guidelines. If it feels tight it is. Torque spec isn't always able to be reached.
  12. jasonTDI

BRM cylinder head

Reverse drill bit should have taken it right out.
  13. jasonTDI

Timing belt off center after changing (1.6 tdi)

No belt tracks in the center. Usually to the inside. don't worry about it.
  14. jasonTDI

Alh upper intercooler hose

Clean it really well with brake clean. A big thick piece of radiator hose, glued on with rubber cement (tire plug kit) and 6-8 zip ties close together. It'll hold for a good while.
  15. jasonTDI

Looking for a little mk4 help in Southeast WI

I TT him. Gave some directions to look into and sans that it'll come to me. Thanks for the referral. And....honestly the guy in Madison who's been "working" on it. I've never heard of him. Heck I can't even find him on google.
  16. jasonTDI

Vendor Accountability Thread

Posted at FRANK06 While I stand by hoping you are feeling better I cannot abide by the continued trash talk you do, of me, to my clients that call you looking for parts. I STILL hear it from recent customers that may or may not have bought parts from you recently. Jesus man....just stop with...
  17. jasonTDI

Recommendation for Good Model year - Jetta Sportwagen

But they have the most expensive parts for a TB job by a long shot. No aftermarket available.
  18. jasonTDI

Buyback car purchases

Get a car fax. It shows the title to VW date and thus the buyback. I've been super busy doing service work on these thanks to some strategic advertising. Water pumps are a HUGE concern as they tighten up and fail. 50/50 on them once they have been sitting for more than six months, especially...
  19. jasonTDI

jetta 2001 auto and 2004 auto - flywheel

As he found its a torque converter that needs to be replaced. Now, in Europe they used the PD motor way before we did. The PD (BEW) and the ALH used different transmissions and are not interchangeable.