Search results

1. mannytranny

Tuning and emissions hardware...

So I couldn't stand the poor throttle response and dismal mileage with the Touareg anymore so I ended up going with Malone stage 2. Does anyone have opinions or data that pertains to the effects of tuning on the emissions hardware? I'm not deleting anything. It seems to me that there is a...
  2. mannytranny

Wtb alh ip

Anyone have one in good shape? 10mm preferred
  3. mannytranny

Suzuki Sidekick swap drivability problems...

So several years ago I swapped an AHU engine into a Suzuki Sidekick. It's been a great little run around car for many years. Initially it was suited using a mechanical pump, but recently I ended up moving to a ALH pump. Thought it might be better. Turns out it's really not much different than...
  4. mannytranny

BMW 335d

Yes, I know this isn't a VW TDI and I hope this isn't against forum rules. I was unable to find anything that indicated it was... 2011 BMW 335d Sport. Silver exterior, black interior. 65k miles. Very clean car. No modifications. Brand new (less than 500 miles) Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires...
  5. mannytranny

Anti Shutter on strike...

I've noticed pretty harsh shutdowns lately and finally started examining the system. I checked vacuum, it shows 22" both at the vac pump as well as at the incoming vacuum line at the ASV solenoid. Vac lines appear to be in working cond. I initially believed it was the solenoid so I replaced...
  6. mannytranny

Vnt 15 Turbo For Sale

Perfectly good working turbo, came off my 2002 with 160k miles. I upgraded the turbo BEFORE upgrading the tune instead of unnecessarily destroying a turbo. Shaft play felt equivalent to my brand new VNT 17. Off a CA car, so no rust. Actuator works perfectly. Ran an EGT gauge and car was...
  7. mannytranny

M-TDI pump FS

I had this pump built by TinTin a while back. Installed it on a TDI swap and ran it for about 60k miles. Lived on diesel filtered by a CAT 2 micron filter setup. $500 OBO It's got a fuel screw and turbo pressure advance. Easily slipped the poor clutch in my Sidekick. Can get a picture if...
  8. mannytranny

Issues of trust...

How trustworthy is the VW claims portal site? I'm looking at a few different 3L Gen 2's and every one I've entered shows the full restitution amount (7800-8200 bux) depending on the car. I am about to spring on one and would be pretty unhappy if I managed to overlook some detail and that...
  9. mannytranny

Ode to the ALH.....

Man, what a great little motor and car . The more experience I have with cars the more I appreciate the great, simple and straightforward engineering that is the ALH. Very easy to diagnose problems with, but also a car with generally a lack of problems. Mine has been a rockstar. Bought very...
  10. mannytranny

2002 Jetta 5 speed FS

Kicking around the idea of selling the Jetta for something bigger. 2002 GLS 5 speed 166k miles Koni Red Suspension Neuspeed Sway Bar TT LCA bushings 1.5" lift spacers 17" GTI wheels and nearly new tires Cat fuel filter GTI perforated steering wheel MK5 seat swap Outdoor air temp Hella E-Code...
  11. mannytranny

Good working VNT 15

166k miles off my 2002 Jetta. Works perfectly, in fact wish I hadn't removed it in search of more power right now...:eek: Was driven by me for all of those miles, never over 19 PSI, always cooled after driving. Smooth VNT actuator and vanes, no abnormal shaft play or damage to blades. $300 OBO
  12. mannytranny

VNT 17 fitment issues...

So a while ago I bought a used VNT 17 from a club member. He claimed it was on his fathers car for 10k miles before he upgraded to something else. I bought it and the turbo sat in my garage for a good year. I just installed it on my 2002 Jetta. Along with the install I added a 1.8T pancake pipe...
  13. mannytranny

VNT17 turbo FS

I bought this from a reputable forum member here a few months ago. 10k miles of use. Turbo looks like new, no shaft play whatsoever. It's vacuum actuated. I had planned on installing it but don't have the time/inclination due to other responsibilities. $625 shipped OBO. It's a Garret 1749VB.
  14. mannytranny

Leak around the oil cooler...

I swapped an AHU into a suzuki sidekick, so it's not as easy to see around this neck of the woods with the engine mounted longitudinally in the engine bay. I've fought this stupid thing for a few weeks now to no avail. At this point, I have replaced the gaskets on the bracket to engine block...
  15. mannytranny

2004 Jetta GL manual For Sale

FOR SALE: Very clean 2004, been in the family since 2006. Clean California car, zero rust. Been maintained with 505.01 oil until the warranty was up then moved to Rotella T6. I did all of the oil changes and also the TB at 100k. Car now has 118k. I replaced the lift pump with the upgraded unit...
  16. mannytranny

ALH pump swap wiring...

Howdy, I'm in the process of building a wiring harness (harness is from an AHU, but motor will have an ALH pump). I'm converting to the 10-pin ALH harness connector, but I can't quite figure out the wiring. From what I can tell, I've got to add T8, T9 and T10 pins. T8 is the N109 fuel...
  17. mannytranny

WTB: AHU engine harness, gas pedal asy.

Looking for these things... 1Z/AHU engine harness (unmolested) and the gas pedal assembly. I'd prefer to also have the intake air temp sensor and MAF. Anyone have these things?
  18. mannytranny

Glow plug indicator light code...but everything works!!!

So I've been ironing out all of the little issues with my Sidekick TDI (AHU). She runs GREAT (so much smoother than my MTDI Sidekick) But there are a few issues... I consistently get a MIL code for faulty glow plug indicator lamp. (Open/Short to ground) I've wired it properly and it works...
  19. mannytranny

MK4 Jetta Headlights

Stock lamps. Lenses oxidized, but if anyone has a need for a project or something... Will sell for $20 + shipping
  20. mannytranny

Wobbling crank sprocket...

Howdy, So I recently put a 1Z engine into a suzuki sidekick. Runs great (finally) but I've been noticing a belt squeak sound at idle and it looks like the harmonic balancer is wobbling around quite a bit. I read up on this and ordered a new OE crank sprocket and bolt. I took off the old...