Search results

1. mrchill

Replacment for displacment!!!!!

Glad you are still hard at it! Havent had the opportunity to see that car in years! Keep up the insanity!
  2. mrchill

Bhw/Alh hybrid build

Starters and axles are in fact available in NA...I've bought several over the years.
  3. mrchill

is there a big jump in HP/TQ between gtb2260vk and gtb2565vk?

Speeds between 70-85 highway. And yes, I feed the GTD series would be even better. I dont have GTD's in my own cars yet...but I have istalled a few for others. They seem to perform very well.
  4. mrchill

is there a big jump in HP/TQ between gtb2260vk and gtb2565vk?

Big turbos suffer from massive MPG loss. The energy it takes to drive the turbine is prodigious. Light footing a big turbo will only result in unnecessarily low mileage...unless you take all the fuel out of the tune....along with the driveability. There are small to medium turbos that are the...
  5. mrchill

Polar FIS pf04 pros & cons

Hi. I have a golf here that has the same oil temp issue. With a new unit, and the 3.0 beta update...still the same 32F. That is also with the advanced setting in diagnostic for oil temp.
  6. mrchill

Build Update CJAA

Porting those is a drag....Takes hours.
  7. mrchill

Tdtuning

I've used RC tuning for well over a decade. I wouldnt use anyone else personally. The results are always excellent. If he is that close to you, I would send the ecu. I get them 3 days turnaround and I am in Massachusetts. SO you will likely be the same or better. Besides, you will need a couple...
  8. mrchill

Tdtuning

Tdtuning isnt near him...he will likely get a tuner as well from Mike. He wants to try Mikes tunes out...let him do it. Mike is closer than Canada...and does a good job
  9. mrchill

dbilas cam vs. Colts cam

Yes. Dbilas still sells cams
  10. mrchill

Gtb2056v or gtb2260vk

I have both. I still prefer the 2060 for overall city driving and the best mileage.(between those two)
  11. mrchill

Gtb2056v or gtb2260vk

I prefer the gtb2060vklr....they are the best bang for the buck
  12. mrchill

Company to make custom nozzles for Alh

I'm glad you were able to find a stateside company willing to make them...I tried for years....but gave up and bought them out of the country.
  13. mrchill

slow, dumb, cheap compound setup!

Needs a tune update for the MAF size change.
  14. mrchill

Air to water intercoolers

I remember when Luc put that in...I saw in it Montreal...it was the same thing I wanted to do on my car....but hadnt gotten around to it. His was nice...and tune was good too. He does everything himself too...right down to welding.
  15. mrchill

Help pistons

You can run 4 bar with 17-17.5:1 safely. It's about the fueling you intend to use
  16. mrchill

TDI DSG retrofit

Its been done...and will soon be done again. Actually Matt Phelan in Cali is soon to convert his PD jetta wagon with a beetle DSG setup. You may contact him.
  17. mrchill

Cr block alh head

The rods help...but throwing a rod isnt usually because the rods are weak...its another failure...oiling, pcp or something else. At any rate. Decent rods, a ported head and the right turbo and tune and you will be well on your way.
  18. mrchill

Crbb ea288 cam upgrade

Yes, they do.
  19. mrchill

Audi TT to going to a 2L TDI DSG plateform

Good job! Nice to see a DSG tracking again...reminds me of the late Tdicup. Now all you need is a DQ500!
  20. mrchill

Help me identify this turbo manifold

Maybe an AAZ...interestingly, I have one of those in one of my many boxes of bits....came with a vnt 20 attached to it. As I recall it was an early vw diesel.