Search results

1. Almost1

Steering gets more aggressive after turning the wheel slightly

^^Good suggestions It feels like what you would expect bad bushings to cause, but there is no noticeable clunk or noises of any kind when it 'shifts'. The easiest thing to do would be to to replace the bushings, and I do have a poly set on the way. I hope it doesn't come down to a new rack $$$
  2. Almost1

Tires were new about 2 weeks before the suspension components. I always inflate to what the sticker says All suspension bushings have been replaced. I got the alignment done at a general tire shop originally, then verified at NGP, a VW/Audi specific shop. No adjustments were made
  3. Almost1

Hey all, For a while now, my steering has this quirk where the "sensitivity" changes depending on the steering angle. For example, I'm cruising on the highway at ~60 and need to take a slight bend. The initial movement feels great, but once I hit a certain point (say 5 degrees of turning the...
  4. Almost1

I'm taking the PLUNGE!! bought Kerma tune, k03/K04 turbo and DLC injectors... what else??

I just sold my Techtonics downpipe 3 days ago! It's a direct fit for the B4 TDI, and made very well. It is tricky to install because one of the nuts is near impossible to get to with the support they welded across the back. Still worth the money in my opinion.
  5. Almost1

'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

I have a set of good e-code lenses (replacing due to broken plastic on the passenger side, driver's side only has condensation). I bought another set to replace, so they were going to end up in the trash anyway. TYC brand though... Edit: My VR sedan has the tunnel cover. Didn't know they were...
  6. Almost1

WTB: B4 Passenger Fender

You can have it! I, too, was thinking about just cutting and fitting gappy into the area I need (around the corner marker), but thought the metal was too thin and I've never welded sheet metal before. I just tried car-part and found one about 45 mins from me. Will be picking it up on Monday
  7. Almost1

Thanks for the lead! Yeah when gappy was bolted down there was 3/4" (and I'm not exaggerating) of gap between the fender and door. Plus it's so thin it might as well be made of tin foil.
  8. Almost1

Well, the brand new aftermarket fender I bought doesn't fit. Crazy panel gaps! Looking to buy one as close to northern MD as possible. Any color, but black preferred.
  9. Almost1

SOLD! For Sale 1996 Passat TDI 6sp

Good seller! Bought a clean GLX in April from you
  10. Almost1

1996 B4 Front Suspension Finally completed (pictures)

I'm digging the mud flaps! Do you know the part #'s for them by chance?
  11. Almost1

FS: Techtonics B4 Downpipe

I have a stainless downpipe from TT that I pulled from my wreck. Was purchased at the end of '19 and the flex joint is in good shape. Asking $220 plus any shipping. Located in Baltimore Suburbs Original Part Link
  12. Almost1

looking for a good used clutched alternator pulley for 1Z/AHU

I have an original alt with squeaky bearings you can have. I'll double check if it's clutched or not
  13. Almost1

WTB: B4 Corner Lights

As the title states, I'm looking for corner lights. If all else fails, I'll get those reflectors off ebay.
  14. Almost1

Parting: B4 Passat - Baltimore, MD

The clamshell is in good shape with tilt steering. I'm not following which lights you are interested in. Inside/ outside? The left hand tail lights were broken when I was moving the car to where it rests now. My corner triangles both have broken clips and were held in by silicone adhesive. They...
  15. Almost1

Parting: B4 Passat - Baltimore, MD

For those of you that read my earlier post, this car should look familiar to you. The interior is trash, and the body is, well.... also trash. Engine and wiring are going into my Quantum, and trans I'm debating keeping, but feel free to make an offer. Had a brand new FrostHeater kit that I put...
  16. Almost1

Another one bites the dust

Yup that was me. You can see I was just climbing back in to cut the lights off. The reporter got there just before I was heading to the fire station.
  17. Almost1

I got the car home yesterday. It started right up, but the ball joint popped out on the drivers side keeping me from driving it onto the trailer. Seeing it on its wheels makes me realize just how close it was to taking me out. The Touareg really came through for me. It pulled that trailer up my...
  18. Almost1

I flipped my girl over this morning on the way to work. The roads were covered in snow, and I was letting my girlfriend take the Touareg. The road banked left under an overpass, and the car let go and kept going straight. I caught the drainage channel and that guided me right to the bank where...
  19. Crash

Crash