Search results

1. tdisky

Car died, won't start, need opinions

I'm sitting in a VW dealer in White Plains, NY. My TDI died on the Thruway, and got towed here. At first, the engine fault warning came on, glow plug light flashing, engine light on. Operated on reduced power until I got across the Tappan Zee, then died completely. Good thing I was in the...
  2. tdisky

PDF test

file://C:\Skyler\TDI 2009\E68802.pdf
  3. tdisky

Biodiesel supercar

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1023133_trident-iceni-biodiesel-supercar-nears-production Hmmm...
  4. tdisky

test

5. tdisky

Newport Biodiesel baseball caps

I'm gaging interest in Newport Biodiesel baseball caps; they don't have them made up, but LL Bean has the logo. The folks at Newport Biodiesel said we could do a group buy if there's enough interest. You can see the logo at http://www.newportbiodiesel.com/
  6. tdisky

testing

7. tdisky

VW CC heat always on

Gentle TDIers: my wife has a 2009 VW CC, and the heat is on when the climate control system is turned off. We can feel it from all the vents, but the dealer swears up and down this is normal. So my wife asked them if she has to put the A/C on in the summer, all the time, and they said yes...
  8. tdisky

Winding Road's take on the future of diesels

The latest Winding Road has an article titled "Greenformance: Is Diesel Doomed?" http://www.windingroad.com/magazines/ They also test the new Mercedes E350 CGI. And following the title, the news isn't good. I do wonder why they assume that only gasoline-electric hybrids are an/the answer...
  9. tdisky

Jetta TDI Cup Kart Qualifying - E. Bridgewater, MA

F1 Boston Outdoors is hosting kart-qualifying for the Jetta TDI Cup Series. http://www.f1boston.com/pdf/JettaFlyer.pdf Some buddies and I are going to the F1 place in Braintree, and I saw this on F1's website, for those who might be interested.
  10. tdisky

Diesel Technology Forum inteviews CARB member

In the recent Diesel Direct, a newsletter from the Diesel Technology Forum, they interviewed a member of CARB http://www.dieselforum.org/news-center/forum-insight/tom-cackette-chief-deputy-executive-officer-of-the-california-air-resources-board-answers-questions-regarding-diesel-cars-california
  11. tdisky

Best extraction method for a UOA?

Can anyone tell me the best way to get a small sample for a UOA? I looked at the Mityvac 7400, (due its rep here) and it's seems fine, but sized for a Peterbilt. I just need a Blackstone-sized sample. Thanks!
  12. tdisky

HP/Torque curve for '09?

Forgive me, fellow members, if I ask an oft-repeated question; search didn't turn up much. Does anyone have a hp/torque curve for the '09's? Also, what turbo is used? Thanks!
  13. tdisky

Free oil change at Scott VW (E. Providence, RI)

Yes, I've got one of those buy four get a fifth free key chain thingys from Scott VW in East Providence, RI. I have all four punched, but just bought a 2009, so will get free maintenance for the forseeable future. PM me with your address, and I'll send you the punched tab US Mail. Assuming you...
  14. tdisky

Newport, RI Autocenter VW going out of business

Newport Autocenter in Middletown, RI is closing in about a month. This includes the VW, Mazda, Chrysler and Jeep stores. The BMW will stay. There's other Autocenters, but this is the location on West Main Road. So my wife and I stopped by the VW showroom a week ago on a whim, looking at a...
  15. tdisky

For sale: 2004 Jetta TDI GL

I love this car, but am probably moving to a 2009. Sorry, no pictures yet. Platinum Gray, 5-speed, GL, no options, 88,000 miles. Exterior, interior excellent, except for a couple of blemishes on the passenger seat and A-pillar. At my age, you'd have some, too. Bumped once by a Subie in a...
  16. tdisky

Newport (RI) Biodiesel

I received this email today (be sure to read the whole post): Hi Skyler, We are now set up to make sales directly to the public. Give a call before you come but we're generally here from 7 AM to 5PM, Monday - Friday. Price for on-road B99 is $3.69 and that includes all road taxes. Cash or...
  17. tdisky

Newport Biodiesel update

I received this email today: Hi Skyler, Unfortunately we are not able to make retail sales to the public. We are licensed with the state as a wholesale manufacturer and can only sell to licensed distributors. The distributors are set up to collect the necessary taxes for motor fuel whereas...
  18. tdisky

Newport Biodiesel tour

The folks at Newport Biodiesel (Newport, RI) have kindly offered to open on a Saturday, give us a tour of the production facility, and sell us some biodiesel. The date is set for Saturday, April 5 at 11:00 am at Newport Biodiesel, 312 Connell Highway, Newport, RI 02840. Look for the large...
  19. tdisky

Newport Biodiesel tour

The folks at Newport Biodiesel (Newport, RI) have kindly offered to open on a Saturday, give us a tour of the production facility, and sell us some biodiesel. The date is set for Saturday, April 5 at 11:00 am at Newport Biodiesel, 312 Connell Highway, Newport, RI 02840. Look for the large...
  20. tdisky

Audi A4 TDI in Winding Road magazine

The latest issue of Winding Road magazine (go to www.windingroad.com for a free email subscription) featured a test of the new Audi A4. Following is an excerpt: "Nearly all of the true news in the A4 powertrain department has do with clean diesels, however, and North American A4s will not be...