Search results

1. N

Fs: MAF

I am selling a Bosch MAF (part #038 906 461 C) for the 1.9L ALH engine. Never installed. Price: $100.00 I accept Paypal. Prefer local pickup or will meet buyer within 100 miles or buyer pays charges calculated from 22407 via USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation.
  2. N

FS: 17" Longbeach rims with tires...

SOLD...FS: 17" Longbeach rims with tires...SOLD I no longer have my Jetta and am selling five (5) 17" LB rims w/Pirelli P Zero Nero M/S tires mounted. Rims have surface scratches/scrapes. I bought them that way; intending to get them refinished but never got around to it. No curb rash and can...
  3. N

Dealer Kudos (Long Post)

I want to pass on some comments regarding my recent experience with Martens VW service department. A couple of days after having my ’04 B5.5 serviced at the local dealership where I purchased it, the car developed a stutter at certain speeds and was down slightly on power. There was also a...
  4. N

Question re Cat Fuel Filter

In June '04 I bought my wife a B5.5 TDI with the intention of buying her another small SUV (traded in a GMC Jimmy on the B5.5) in a year. Last Saturday we bought an '06 Mazda Tribute and the Passat is now my daily driver...:D I have disabled the DRLs, installed SilverStar in the headlights...
  5. N

Farewell GTG for Troy (TDITech)

I would like to start a separate thread to compile a list of those who want to come and bid farewell to Troy. UPDATE: May 20th at the Tyson's Corner Chili's at 11:30 till the last person leaves. The Chili's is located at map and is located on the service road that parallels Leesburg Pike...
  6. N

Any Suggestions....

as to why my front interior cabin lights do not come on when I open the door but lights over rear doors work fine.:confused: If I move the selector switch from the center position to the left, they work fine. Move it back in the center position and nothing.:mad: Ideas??? John
  7. N

NoVA/DC/MD Lunch GTG, 1 June 2005

It has been a long time since there was a lunchtime GTG in the NoVA/DC/MD area, so here we go. I have made an reservation at the Chevy's in Pentagon City beginning at 11:30. Chevy's is located at the top of the Hayes Street/12th Street Metro exit and there is parking located adjacent to the...
  8. N

Do I Need an Upgraded Interface???

Tried to upgrade my version of Vag-Com to 409.1s and after installing, it does not find the interface. With the version I had installed 404.0s, the interface is found and everything works fine. My existing interface purchased in Sep '04 is Key-Com, Dual-K VAG/ISO Ver 1.32. Any ideas...
  9. N

VWoA Selected As A 2004 Top Employer...

for over 50 workers... Here are two articles from the AARP website. VW also made the list in 2003. Article 1 Article 2
  10. N

Monsoon / VW Navi Voltage Output

This question is directly related to Lito's thread. I am not an audiophile; my last experience with installing a "high-end" radio was a Pioneer unit into my '63 Chevy Impala convertible back in the late '60's. Now, having clarified my audio experience, while speaking with the guy who does my...
  11. N

Bentley Diagrams

My brother-in-law has a '98 Jetta and all of the windows have stopped working ("frozen" in the closed position in a three doors (frozen defined as motor sounds like it is working but nothing happens); broken regulators in another door). I have the Bentleys for my '03 but it does not go back...
  12. N

TDI Emission Levels

Does anyone know or know where one could find the "typical" emission levels of the following compounds for a 1.9L ALH engine: oxides of nitrogen: volatile organic compounds: carbon monoxide: TIA
  13. N

OEM Tires

Just a quick sampling of B5 owners and what tire/rim combo came with the car. TIA
  14. N

JD Power Customer Survey

Got a JD Power "New Vehicle Quality Survey" in the mail today. Anyone else get one of these after getting their B5.5? After I fill it out, maybe I will scan it and post it here. And...they gave me a crisp, new George Washington in appreciation for my help...Well, it will get me just over a .5...
  15. N

Noise When Turning...

I noticed it yesterday as I was turning the wheel to the left while turning around in a cul-de-sac... Hard to describe..not grinding or rubbing...a sort of low speed rumble... Anyone else experience anything like this???
  16. N

WTB: 01-03 Jetta TDI Auto for *DELETED*

Post deleted by NewJettaGuy
  17. N

DC/VA Lunch GTG Poll

Please check which restaurant you prefer for the GTG on June 16th, 2004. Chili's: 8051 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA TGIFriday's: 2070 Chain Bridge Rd, Mc Lean, VA Looks like Saturday, June 26th is the day at around 11:30AM...and Chili's is the location of choice...I will make sure of which...
  18. N

FS: Goodyear F1 Tire *DELETED*

Post deleted by NewJettaGuy
  19. N

DC/VA Lunch GTG

Seeing how it has been quite a long time since there was a lunchtime GTG for those of us in the Northern VA/DC area, is there any interest in setting one up. SNIP Update: Looks like Tysons Corner is the location of choice for the next GTG... SNIP SNIP Upate: Place: Chili's 8051 Leesburg...
  20. N

Oil Filler Cap MIA!!!!!!!!!

Found out tonite that the tech did not put the oil filler cap back on when I took my car in for the 20K service in late-December... I haven't nad a need to be under the hood since I had the service done 2300 miles ago and only opened it up tonite to fill the washer fluid tank... When I...