Search results

1. 0

2015 Passat: Air bag light comes and goes and so does the cruise control does not work/works

Most passats 12-18 have a warranty extension on the clock spring up to 10 years/120k from original in service date.
  2. 0

GTI wheels on a Passat ?

Passat has a bigger tire size 235/45 18 as opposed to 225/40 18
  3. 0

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

I had the same issue of stumbling under hard acceleration in the summer, then the frozen intercooler that winter, i have a winter front now and check the intercooler pipe every oil change.
  4. 0

Old parts from warranty claims

Yes, vw does require the dealer to send back parts.
  5. 0

Locked up brake calipers: I am at my wits end with this damn car.

Just wondering how many miles you are getting out of your brakes, all original on my 13 beetle at 108k and original rears on my 14 passat at 113k, replaced the fronts at 72k because of warped rotors for a 2nd time still had 50% or so pad life.
  6. 0

Remove Lower Intercooler Pipe

If you are just trying to check for water in the pipe, i just remove the pipe from the other end. If not, here’s a video, he shows the clip removal at 4:44
  7. 0

Best tire choices in 2022?

I have michelin defenders on my beetles (205/55 16 and 215/55 17). Michelin doesn’t make primacies for my 13 tdi (17” rim) either, so just went to the defender last year, it’s a little different feel than the primacy at first, but 5,000 miles later it seems the same. I have primacies on my...
  8. 0

60K plus miles in and repairs will almost total last year vehicle purchase

That makes s3ense on the water pump, the timing belt and serpentine belt were replaced on mine at that time because of the coolant contamination to the belts. I chose to pay for the tensioner and the rollers so I don’t have to replace any of that until 183k.
  9. 0

How many miles are on it now? Emissions warranty booklet: https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/pdf/VWCourtSettlement_Emissions_Disclosure_Gen2_Automatic_Final.pdf
  10. 0

If you have to remove the timing belt for the camshaft seal then the serpentine belt would come off first meaning you shouldn’t pay labor for that, it would be part of the other repair. There’s no difference in putting the old belt back or changing to a new one.
  11. 0

Was the water pump leaking? Is that the cause of the early timing belt/water pump replacement? Mine failed at 53k under powertrain warranty.
  12. 0

Well this is a fine mess, could use some direction

Early 2012 meaning built in 2011. I saw an early 2012 passat in a dealership service dept one time that autozone installed a battery backwards, you could smell the fried electronics final bill iirc was around $12k, this was 2014ish so the car was fixed and not totaled but it took awhile. Later...
  13. 0

Have you driven it at all? If it was an early 2012 before the master fuse then i could see multiple modules being fried, but later ones (later 12s and up) seem to just fry the master fuse.
  14. 0

Emissions fix not complete - warranty questions

2015 manual passats were “fixed” 2012-14 manual passats were not. I have a friend with a fixed manual 2015 passat.
  15. 0

Was stuck in snow, now car shakes between 25-35mph

I haven’t had fuel injector fail in either car (passat & beetle), so I don’t know the symptoms for that.
  16. 0

It wouldn’t hurt to check, my beetle would stumble under hard acceleration the summer prior to my last frozen intercooler.
  17. 51CF3F43-5E19-4704-99DD-D889C26D5506.jpeg

51CF3F43-5E19-4704-99DD-D889C26D5506.jpeg

18. 0

Start with good battery. Then check the main fuse.
  19. 0

I’d start with checking the intercooler pipe on the passenger side for water with the stumbling. As far as your warranty, should be 6/26/22 or 127815. 4 years or 48000 miles whichever comes first.