Search results

1. misteroboto

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

2013 Beetle sunroof Navigation Fender stereo 48K miles approx $23500 usd. 2011 Jetta Sportwagen sunroof 40K miles about $1000 less. We are looking at probably getting a couple of gas powered something or anothers. I'm going to miss the TDI's, just I have a feeling the repair is going to turn...
  2. misteroboto

Beetle TDI Real World MPG

About 6K on the clock, mix of city and mostly highway. About 36 city 45 highway. Max mpg 68 in heavy volume traffic moving at a steady 40 mph. Very similar to my wife's 11 Jetta. Pretty happy with the mpg, but I miss the 600 miles per tank I used to get in my b5. is there a way to vent the...
  3. misteroboto

R.IP. Big Gold

Yes and no. I was going to do the bsm and the blizzard happened. Then I was going to do it this fall, but the bsm shortage and the delete option made me reconsider until the spring. I also had the chinesium axles to replace. I kept up to date with all the routine maintenance religiously, though...
  4. misteroboto

R.IP. Big Gold

Thanks very much. I miss my car. I'm in a poo poo 20 MPG Dodge Journey until my new Beet arrives. :(
  5. misteroboto

R.IP. Big Gold

Thursday was the last road trip for my B5. Somebody didn't yield the right of way and I went from 40 m.ph. to 0 in half a second.:( I chipped a tooth and got some seat belt rash, but other than that, I think I'm O.K. Out of all the cars I've ever owned, the 05 Passat was my favorite. Although...
  6. misteroboto's b5

misteroboto's b5

7. misteroboto

16 inch stock Passat Rims Tires cheap

Bump. Bargain for someone in the NY area!
  8. misteroboto

Did they put in the correct oil?

VW Springfield in Fairfax, VA near I-95 and I-495. I've bought all my dubs there but have used their service only for warranty work until now. Looks like I might have to reconsider the free maintenance. I can't trust them now. :( That program has gone on for what, like two years now? How many...
  9. misteroboto

Looks I'll be giving them a "shout". Thanks all.
  10. misteroboto

Had the "carefree maintenance" done this weekend. Just noticed the invoice does not say 507.00 oil. It has part # g-052-167-s0. I could not find any info online. Did they put in the right stuff, or am I going to have to return? Thanks.
  11. misteroboto

thanks so much! & goodbye

Good luck and thanks for your contributions. I think met you and your son at the DC fest. All the best to you and your family.
  12. misteroboto

dealer says new turbo is needed ...

Congratulations!:)
  13. misteroboto

Water leak at rear hatch.

Three big thunderstorms and a couple of showers with no more repeat of the leak. I guess that means it was the debris I cleaned up or I didn't close the hatch all the way. In any case the leak is gone. Good luck finding your leaks vw4life and pgoes.
  14. misteroboto

Mine is definitely not leaking from the glass. I believe the problem is with the gasket. I have a busy next few days and no rain in the forecast until Friday night. Hopefully I can find some time tomorrow to give it the once over. With the hatch open, I pulled some helicopters from the area...
  15. misteroboto

It is definitely rain water.
  16. misteroboto

Hi everyone, I opened the rear door on a 2005 wagon and about a 1/2 cup of water drained out of the plastic trim piece at the top. The gasket looks like it is seated correctly. I do have a satellite antenna, but it runs down the side that is not leaking. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? TIA
  17. misteroboto

Quick appraisal please

:D Captain Obvious to the rescue! Thanks for the laugh. Happy New Year everybody!
  18. misteroboto

Solar panel trickle charge ?

Here is a link to the battery maintenance thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=606172
  19. misteroboto

Solar panel trickle charge ?

Thanks lug nut. On the shelf it goes.