Search results

1. Frankencar

FS: 92 Jetta TDI swap 163K miles - $14,000

********************SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!******************** Life recently took a turn for the worse when my wife was diagnosed with a super rare life-threatening blood disease :( and now I am looking to part with the two finest examples in my collection. Here's the TDI, an Alpine White (L90E)...
  2. Frankencar

FS: Integrated Engineering H-Beam ALH Rods $500 Shipped OBO

*** SOLD! *** Selling a set of Integrated Engineering H-beam ALH rods $500 Shipped OBO Only unpacked one for the pic, but all 4 are there. :) *** SOLD! *** *** SOLD! ***
  3. Frankencar

2" FRANKENBUILT MK4 Lift Kit

***** SOLD ***** I am selling the 2" lift from my wife's New Beetle. It is the full setup we ran when we took it to Moab, Death Valley, Pikes Peak, Alaska etc... It consists of taller+stiffer front springs mounted on 4 Bilstein HD shocks. We ran this setup for approximately 71,00 miles. It...
  4. Frankencar

PREMATURE FAILURES! Timing belt tensioners causing failures!

UPDATE: It appears this is a "FEQ" brand tensioner from WorldPac. If you have any more information to confirm this or otherwise, please share. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
  5. Frankencar

NorCal to the Arctic Sea and back. 8,000 miles with 2 lifted TDIs

So, It's time for another road trip! This time it's to Alaska! :D My Wife and I will be taking our lifted New Beetle TDI, and our friends (krmason) will be taking their lifted Jetta Wagon TDI. I will be updating my blog FRANKENBUILT.blogspot.com regularly during the trip. Here are the cars...
  6. Frankencar

Unplanned turbo upgrade, and why TDIclub is awesome!

With 340,000 miles on the clock my wife's New Beetle decided it had been hauling that VNT15 around long enough, and it let go, 600 miles from home. Luckily this was Las Vegas, so I called Mike (TDTuning) to see if he had any ideas, and the next 24 hours would have been Hell without him! He came...
  7. Frankencar

Another dent day in the works! September 23rd in Vacaville!

I'm planning antoher Dent/Windshield/hangout/eat day for the VW/Audi community & inviting all euro cars to attend... here is the VWVortex thread. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5805879-...-DENT-MEET-4-...-Sunday-September-23rd-2012!!! Anybody free that day to come hang out and enjoy...
  8. Frankencar

California to Colorado, then Montana & Possibly Canada. Hoping to take the GTI TDI

California to Colorado, then Montana & Possibly Canada. Hoping to take the GTI TDI Well, it's time for another road trip! :) We have 2 weddings to attend, and some sights to see along the way. We will be leaving our home in Winters, CA this Saturday July 21st 2012 for what will probably be over...
  9. Frankencar

GTI TDI Gets a minor suspension overhaul, mostly VR6 & Boxster parts

Original TDI swap thread for ref: 1991 VW GTI gets a TDI And a link to the big turbo & Rallye Golf intercooler install thread: GTI TDI gets BV43 Turbo, Rallye Intercooler etc... I have always wanted some Decent 4-pot brakes and better suspension geometry, but couldn't figure a way to stuff...
  10. Frankencar

Paintless Dent Repair and VW GTG in NorCal

Just wanted to let you all know I'm setting up a paintless dent repair and VW GTG here in NorCal. Vacaville to be exact. It will be at the Pure Grain German Bakery & Café in Downtown Vacaville Sunday June 24th starting at 8:00 AM. :)[/U] Pure Grain will be offering 10% off for anyone attending...
  11. Frankencar

Minor Improvement - AHU MKII GTI gets BV43, Ralle FMIC etc...

Minor Improvement - AHU MKII GTI gets BV43, Rallye FMIC etc... Here is the original engine swap thread for reference: So I tossed an AHU in my 91 GTI this weekend... The stock turbo was on it's way out (major shaft play) and I was about to pull the trigger on a K03-Hybrid when a very...
  12. Frankencar

California to Colorado and back - looking for input.

Over the next two weeks my wife and I will be driving to Colorado and back for a wedding, and probably covering 3,000 miles. We are taking her Lifted New Beetle TDI. Here is out plan: Friday October 7th: After work, drive to Tahoe - stay with a friend there. Saturday October 8th: Drive to Salt...
  13. Frankencar

So I tossed an AHU in my 91 GTI this weekend...

Here is the YouTube video of the original engine conversion: 61MPG VW 1991 GTI TDI Swap ***Updates since original motor swap*** Over 60,000 miles on the swap with no problems 1/4 mile: 14.658 @95 mph Averaging over 60 MPG Big Turbo & Rallye FMIC thread...
  14. Frankencar

Rear caliper rebuild - seal differences could be very dangerous!

I decided to rebuild all the MK4 VR6 calipers before I installed them on my wife's New Beetle. Here is what I found: There are 2 different piston sizes found in MK4 rear calipers, 38 and 41mm. YOU CAN install the 38mm seals in the 41mm caliper - but THEY WILL FAIL! maybe not the first time...
  15. Frankencar

Lifted MK2 Golf TDI

So here it is. I have already put 3,000 miiles on the setup... these past 3 weeks... but this is the firs pics i have had the chance to get. here is a basic rundown of the car 1986 Golf Diesel 1998 AHU TDI KO3/KO4 hybred Turbo PP764 Injectors Upsolute stage II chip 3" pip exhaust - catectomy &...