Search results

1. M

A real problem, need advice

Well the saga continues. They found a intermittent short between the oil idiot light and the computer after they had the car for 2 weeks. We had the car home for about 4 days. One of our pups had to go to the emergency vet in the middle of the night this past Saturday. Headlight high/low switch...
  2. M

The battery was changed last year. The service guy Bob called today a bad oil sensor and part being overnighted. I have a 2018 Passat gas burner as a loaner....no way I am ever going back to a gas burner, my wife agrees!
  3. M

Well it turns out that there is an electrical fault somewhere. Engine is fine. I always go in with the attitude that I need their help, but I am very willing to go up the chain of command if need be.
  4. M

Just spoke to my service guy at dealership. He said to bring the car in and he will find the cause. I have been dealing with him for over 4 years and he knows I don't have silly complaints. Again Thank You
  5. M

I was going to worst case. I will go to my dealer on Tuesday and ask them to investigate. We will see what happens from there. THANK YOU for you advice
  6. M

I just went through my paperwork. I bought the Platinum Mechanical Failure Service contract when we bought the car...6 years 85,000 miles. 14 months left and 32,000 miles left. Coupled with the Dieselgate extended warranty, I will go to me dealer on Tuesday and see what can be done. Hoping for a...
  7. M

All services were done on time by my local dealer. The oil and filter had approx 6000 miles of driving but the time interval was 11 months. There is 52000 miles on the car. Clogged is the term the dealership used over the phone.
  8. M

Hello I have a 2014 Passat SE TDI. It has had all services at dealers. I was driving today and the oil/low pressure sensor light came on but for only a few seconds. I drove to the nearest VW dealer and they found a clogged oil filter. When we got back to the dealer there was no one to ask about...
  9. M

13/14 Fixed Passats - ANY ISSUES?

14 Passat SE TDI I had the fix about a year ago. I have noticed very little difference in handling or mileage. Hope that helps. Mike
  10. M

Just Purchased - 14 Passat TDI 6-Speed

My 14 Passat SE TDI is the second thing that they can pry from my cold dead hands. 45 mpg highway.
  11. M

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Bosch Check We received our check today, a little over 30 days after the fix.
  12. M

Another Disbenefit to NOx Emission Reductions Discovered

all fine and well The EPA mandated fix has been done on my 2014 Passat. I was just on a trip and noticed that the semi trucks had stickers stating 'certified clean idle'. My Passat did that before the fix, where is my sticker?
  13. M

700 Mile club Who's in?

Not in the South West. There are spots in the southwest where fuel stations are over 100 miles apart and temperatures are in the 110° range. IMO it would not be safe to push for the 700 mile goal. I just got back from a trip from southeast of Phoenix AZ to Reno NV and back. I last fillup was...
  14. M

Real World MPG with DSG

Road trip to Reno Just got back home. From the fill up in Tonapah to Reno and running around in Reno and back to Tonapah. Fill up in Tonapah 552.7 miles, 13.043 gallons@$2.399 42.375 miles per gallon. Tonapah to home 539.3 miles, 11.977 gallons@$2.399 = 45.028 miles per gallon. TOTALS 1638.0...
  15. M

Real World MPG with DSG

Our 2014 Passat SE TDI DSG had the fix a few weeks ago. First long trip, south east of Phoenix AZ to Reno NV. Filled up at home and than in Tonapah NV. 546 miles on odomiter, fill was 12.399 gallons at $2.33. calculated 44.035 miles per gallon. Quite a bit of the drive is hilly up 6200'.
  16. M

Gen 2 Fix Approved

2014 Passat SE TDI I contacted VWoA this morning and a lady talked me through the Chase payment screens. At the next screen, I input my Wells Fargo data and the transfer was started. It should take 2 - 3 days. The original email from Chase was vague as to re-routing the funds to my bank.
  17. M

Gen 2 Fix Approved

2014 Passat SE TDI We had the fix yesterday, it is now 2238 hrs(1038 PM) I just received an email that my check is at Chase Bank. And at midnight the funds will be cancelled I do not have an account at Chase! NOW WHAT? You can bet I will be on the phone to VWoA first thing in the morning.
  18. M

Gen 2 Fix Approved

2014 Passat SE TDI I had to contact VWoA from dealership to get the codes for my fix and dealership verification. Well it took about 2 hours to get the fix. Dealership test drove car for approx 10 miles. The engine noise at an idle has increased but not a lot. At 68mph the tachometer was...
  19. M

Gen 2 Fix Approved

2014 Passat SE TDI We go in for the fix at 1000 hrs tomorrow. They want me to leave the car but I think not. Will let you know first impressions.
  20. M

Gen 2 Fix Approved

Also covered We have a 2014 Passat with 39000 miles, they extended our warranty for 10 years from the original in-service date. That gives us roughly 7 years extended warranty. "Additionally, the engine long block warranty shall cover the engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled...