Search results

1. S

Brake Upgrades

I have a 2015 Passat with 2008 R32/Paasat V6 4MO front 345 rotors/calipers/caliper stands/brake lines (also running the rear R32 calipers/stands/rotors and lines). To be honest, looking for a more sexy caliper and saw this at Darkside...
  2. S

2015 Passat Fuel Door Issues.

OK, I have a '15 Passat TDI and the fuel door decides to not open when pressed (press door to open press door to close...no interior door "release" button). When I fuel up I have to pry it open with a wrapped (to protect paint) screw driver or slim pry. It then will open and close normally...
  3. S

Brake Caliper Swapping.

Hi everyone. I am planning on swapping front/rear calipers on my '15 Passat. I was thinking I would R&R one corner at a time to try and lose the least amount of brake fluid as I could. I was then going to do the old two-person bleed....press/bleed...tighten/ release. I then read an informative...
  4. S

VW, You've Got to Be Joking...

Ok, so I came from an '06 Jetta TDI that had the front fender rust issue. VW had a TSB regarding this issue due to the "foam" vibration dampener they stuffed above the inner fender liner. Ok, figured their design team would improve upon that mistake on newer vehicles. In 2018 I pick up a 2015...
  5. S

WTB: B6 Passat 3.6L 4Mo Front Calipers

WTB: as the title says, 2006-2010 (B6) Passat 3.6l 4Mo front brake calipers/stands (345mm rotors) and dust shields if not all bent up. Prefer local(ish) to my area (western MA)....a drive is fine as I have a TDI! LOL Also, any sources on 2008, 2012-2013 R32 rear calipers/stands and dust...
  6. S

Steering Rack Differences?

Just curious if there are differences between racks for a TDI...GTI/GLI...GT etc? Or is it more of electronics/programing (electric steering) differences? Seems odd if I want to be sporty in my TDI that I can't keep my hands 9/3 or 8/4 w/out getting crossed up.
  7. S

Which RSB Upgrade Would You Choose?

Looking for an upgrade RSB for my '15 Passat TDI. Which would you choose...034 Motorsports 25.4mm solid or H&R 24mm solid? Also considering H&R OEM Sport Springs/Special Actives down the road. Thanks! Edit: Possibly a 26 or 28mm FSB in the future...depending on how it balances out...…?
  8. S

Quick Oil & Filter Change Question...

I am about to change the O&F in my 2015 Passat TDI (EA288). I ordered an oil change kit from IDparts and it came with 6L of oil. A quick look in the owners man. states the capacity is 4.3L (4.5qts) with filter. I could have sworn the capacity was 5.5L? Not sure what to do here. Any help would be...
  9. S

Winter Wheels

I know, first day of Spring! Does anyone have suggestions for 18" winter wheels for a 2015 Passat. I guess I could get a crappy set of OEM alum. wheels, are there any steel wheels (steel spare tire wheels work?), open to other options....I have some time...LOL I say 18" because I do have...
  10. S

2015 Passat tire fitment?

Can anyone tell me will a 245/40/18 fit on a 2015 Passat with OEM 18" wheels without issues.? Stock size is 235/45/18. Any chance a 255/35/18 would fit? Thanks in advance.
  11. S

Rear Suspension Design?

Hi all, I realize this is the "Upgrade section" and my question is more about OEM suspension design. But, with that being said my question only leads into what upgrades will be made. I am looking to replace my 06 Jetta which had turbo/tune, suspension, and brake mods. Now the 06 rear was an...
  12. S

Rear Running/Side Marker Light Out

OK, maybe a dumb question. But on my '06 Jetta I noticed my left rear running/side marker lamp (some may call it a parking lamp) is out. So, I go into the trunk and remove the bulb assembly only to find I have just two large bulbs in the bundle. Ok, so I remove the tail light assembly expecting...
  13. S

BRM...Curious.

Quick question. On an '06 BRM is there any issue running low rpm's (1200-1500) while cruising....some might say lugging. As I understand it earlier TDI's would clog up the intake. Are there any known issues with this practice or possible issues that could arise? TIA.
  14. S

Parts Swappability...?

How do the newer models (Jetta/Passat) handle parts swapping.....brakes/suspension....as the previous generation? It seems the prior generation Jetta/Passat would accept GTI/GLI brakes and other suspension components easily (Porsche/Audi parts as well). I know there are aftermarket big...
  15. S

Used VW Pricing.....

Ok, maybe I am wrong here but.....? Looking at used VW TDI's. Found some local to me at a dealership in RI. Asking prices run higher than MSRP (2015 or example). I That the norm? Was told by said dealership that those are buyback prices. I said, excuse me, I am me and not VW buy-back.......I...
  16. S

Update Me....

Hey everyone, I currently own a 06 Jetta TDI with mods.....having issues that I can't get resolved and was looking for a newer used Passat TDI/6spd 2013-2015.....until the Dieselgate hammer came down. Now, for obvious reasons the used TDI market dried up (for now I hope). Anyway, I am...
  17. S

WTB Newer Passat TDI/6spd. North East

Hi, I may be in the market for a 2012-2015 Passat TDI SE/SEL with a 6spd. Open to any color and options. Prefer an untouched by VW TDI....ie: no fix! I would probably revert back anyway (off-road use only :D ) Ot clear how that will all pan out anyway... So, let me know what might be out...
  18. S

N75 Question

Hi everyone! Looking for education on the N75 control and function. As I understand it, many boost control issues can be caused by the N75. Do the values that the N75 receive get relayed to the ECU and then turbo vane positions are changed based on the ECU? Reason I ask, is if there is a...
  19. S

Considering a 2012 Passat.

Hi! Looking at a new to me 2012 Passat TDi SE 6spd. at approx. 75k what maintenance am I looking at right off the bat....T-belt is at what interval? Coming off a 2006 BRM Jetta which has been fantastic! TIA....
  20. S

Intake flap under airfilter.

Hi everyone. I have an 06 Jetta (BRM) and was wondering what the flap inside the filter housing (under the air filter once it's removed) is for? It is attached to a (?) motor and looks like it should close? I believe it lets in warm air for a quicker warm-up then it should close when at...