Search results

1. M

In desperate need of help in Columbus, OH

At the recommendation of someone on the mid-west forum, I'm posting here. Anyone coming back through who can help??? ------------ We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03...
  2. M

We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03 VW Jetta wagon refused to start. It won't turn over, etc. We know there is an error code being thrown of P0228. According to...
  3. M

We were up this weekend for a vintage base ball festival and are supposed to be leaving tomorrow. However, as we were attempting to leave the festival today, our 03 VW Jetta wagon refused to start. It won't turn over, etc. We know there is an error code being thrown of P0228. According to...
  4. M

growl at 1400 rpm

We recently had our alternator replaced under (extended) warranty at a local dealer (long story). Since then, the car has a new growl at around 1400-1500 rpm, particularly noticeable right after shifting. It is not the normal TDI growl (this is our second TDI--I know what they sound like). I'd...
  5. M

need glove box help--NOT HINGE

So our glove box decided to break at the handle--i.e., something has snapped or come out of place within the mechanism that holds the door closed when you shut it. It opens and closes just fine, it just won't stay closed. What I need to know is if I can just replace the part that's screwed up by...
  6. M

FS: 04 Jetta GLS TDI on Craigs list

Saw this on the St Louis, MO, Craigs list this morning... --------------------------------------------------------- 2004 Volkswagon Jetta GLS TDI - $21500 Reply to: sale-148695522@craigslist.org Date: 2006-04-06, 8:28AM CDT I have a Volkswagon GLS TDI Jetta for sale. It is Alaskan...
  7. M

note on heated seat switches

This past July we had the passenger seat completely replaced (due to a hole burned through it from the seat heater) and the drivers' side seat heater switch replaced. All of this was done under good-will warranty, which was fantastic. However, we have now discovered that the passenger side seat...
  8. M

vagcom in St Louis, MO, area?

Is there anyone in the greater StL, MO, area with a vag-com that would be willing to check a CEL for me? I'm scheduled to take it into the dealer next Tuesday anyway, but I'd love to know what it is BEFORE I take it in. The car will go in regardless--the seat heater they replaced isn't working...
  9. M

CEL and acceleration surge

Been noticing the past couple of weeks a weird acceleration when using cruise control. All of a sudden the car jumps and then is fine again. No significant increase in speed, just enough to throw my head back. This morning, the CEL came on. I'm thinking either MAF or fuel filter, although I...
  10. M

WTB used TDI

My hubby and I are going to be in the market for a second car in the next few months. We would, of course, prefer a diesel if we can find one, although it's a tough market right now. We're not picky...golf or jetta would be great. Something under $10K, year and mileage not as important as...
  11. M

Problem with interior/exterior lights?

Not sure if any of this is related, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced similar issues. 03 Jetta Wagon, GLS, cold weather pkg A few months ago, both seat heaters went out (will be repaired under warranty/good will shortly--only mentioning the seat heaters in case it turns out to...
  12. M

suggestions on squeak??

Hey all, We have an 03 Jetta wagon with 58K miles. Recently, it has become very noisy with squeaks when going over bumps, etc. If you lean on the front end of the car (sort of bounce it up and down) you also get the same squeaks. Is this a shock issue? I know more about engines than actual car...
  13. M

heated seats repaired w/o warranty?

I've searched the archive but haven't seen an answer to this... Of, course, 10K miles out of warranty, our passenger heated seat shorted out, caught the seat on fire and nearly me. Small hole (not a big fire) but that doesn't need to be repaired as far as I'm concerned. What I do want to know...
  14. M

body repair in St Louis

Unfortunately, our Jetta Wagon was the recipient of a "kiss" from another car while we were stopped at a red light. No injuries to us, minimal damage to the bumper, and a lot of damage to the other car. We are now looking for a good body repair shop to fix the back bumper and determine if there...
  15. M

Glowplug/fuel efficiency question

I've searched the FAQs, etc. Can anyone explain to me why I was getting great fuel efficiency with my CEL on (49-50mpg for our 03 wagon), and since the glow plug harness was replaced I'm back at 45-46mpg. No change in driving style except that while the CEL light was on I happened to be using...
  16. M

40K service and CEL

Our car is going in tomorrow for the 40K mile service, albeit with some modifications. My question is do they automatically hook up a vag-com for the 40K mile service? We have a check engine light on, but I don't want them servicing that. However, if they're going to hook up anyway, I'd like to...
  17. M

WTB: any really old diesel that runs

Due to some interesting circumstances, my husband and I may be looking to buy a second car, and a diesel is definitely preferred (don't want to confuse which fuel we add to which car ). We really only need the car to run for 4-5 months, so I am looking for a high mileage, old diesel for under...
  18. M

list of biodiesel stations?

Does anyone know where I can find a list of biodiesel stations that have pumps available to the average consumer? The NBB website has a list but it sounds like not all of the retailers have pumps. I am specifically looking for a pump in Grand Rapids, MI. Thanks. Courtney
  19. M

BioD in St Louis area?

My husband and I will be moving from MI to St Louis at the end of the summer. Any suggestions for good diesel or (preferably) biodiesel in the greater St Louis area? Thanks. Courtney
  20. M

body shop in Lansing MI area?

Well, we were "lucky" enough to hit a deer on the way home last week. No injuries to us, only to our 03 wagon. Insurance is covering the $1700 worth of damage (new hood, front bumper, etc.). The local dealership recommended Cooper Body Shop in Lansing. Can anyone give me any feedback on this...