Search results

1. M

Kayaking with Jetta

No, not IN the Jetta silly... I'm looking for a solution to transporting kayaks with a Jetta TDI. Do any of you know of a good way to do this? Roof rack? Hitch and mount? Hitch + trailer maybe? Welcoming any and all recommendations and feedback on known wins and fails at this. Thanks!
  2. M

MK6 Golf TDI 6MT - P2002 Error - dealer blaming "modified BCM"

Yes, you read that right, BCM modified is why they stopped trouble shooting. I got the text message about the service, saw "Modified" and had a little freak out, called, explained I definitely hadn't tuned my car. ALSO asked, how, exactly, did they replace my DPF twice and thermostat with a...
  3. M

P0116 and P2183 Coolant temp sensor(s) - Intermittent no start

So I'm having an odd issue where the car starts fine in the morning, fine after work BUT if I go for a short drive, say, 10min, go in somewhere, then come out, the car won't start. It just cranks and cranks and cranks. I have to leave it sit for 60-90min before it will start again. A bit...
  4. M

Error: Adblue Engine will not start in 600mi.

Hi Guys! It's been BITTER cold here the last week or so and I finally had to replace the battery (big battery I swapped into my MY15 GSW from my 09 Jetta TDI when I sold back to VW) in my wagon. After changing the battery, my wife (who drives the wagon full time now) sends me a pick of the...
  5. M

VERY Poorly running 2006 TDI, any ideas?

Hi! I have a buddy that we've been working on his TDI sedan with 147k on the clock, trying to figure out why his car is running so bad. Someone told him they thought it might be an injector so I looked using VCDS and the IQ was way off for cylinder 1. We replaced that injector, cleaned the...
  6. M

Possible throw out bearing failure.... Now no start??

I have a "new to me" 2011 Golf TDI 6MT (also have MY15 GSW TDI DSG) and it's been showing (sounding) like I would need to replace the TO bearing. The tale tale rattle that would happen when clutch out and then stop as light pressure was applied to the clutch. Well, the weather is a bit cooler...
  7. M

New Strut/Shock option for us MK7 TDI folks

I'm not really in the market right now but had been keeping an eye on options for us twist beam guys. Seemed like the Bilstein had been the only non-OEM option until recently. I was getting some hardware for another TDI we're working on and came across the Koni Active strut/shock and it...
  8. M

F/S - DPF Delete + EGR parts

I have 3 sets of DPF delete parts off of 2009 Jetta TDI. Time to make some room in the garage so looking to move these out. Prices include up to $10 shipping. Will split costs above $10 within Continental USA. 3 Coolers with Filters and associated hoses ($200 OBO) 3 sets of exhaust pressure...
  9. M

DPF and EGR "relocation" questions - its done but....

I have a few questions for you 2009-2014 relocation folks. :) I did the relocation work a few weeks back on my 2009 DSG and having done a CR170 upgrade for a buddy a couple months earlier, the sound was different. The turbo sings now but there is this secondary sound, lower and almost like a...
  10. M

Weird 06 DSG issue - Not really in gear after shifting into gear

So it has happened a couple times to me in this bitter cold weather and once at 40 or so. After starting the car I put it in gear but it's not really in gear. I give it just a touch of gas to pull out and nothing. The gear indicator in the dash flashes (the car knows something isn't right)...
  11. M

Clear BioDiesel..... have you seen it?

Ok, so we have a Terror Free Oil gas station here in town (close to town). Finding bio isn't all that easy here in Omaha and really Nebraska in general. I did find B20 at the Sapp Bro's truck stop but sadly enough, it was on a truck nozzle. I did it once, but I'll never painstakingly take...
  12. M

OEM Brakes vs. Oriely's/Autozone/Pep Boys...

So I want to know everyone's opinions on this. I was just pricing rotors and pads locally and I'm really wondering why I "should" order from a trusted vendor at a higher cost + shipping for OEM rotors and pads (or Zimmermann, Brembo or ATE replacements) RATHER THAN getting a Wagner OEM...
  13. M

Strange ScanGaugeII behavior and readings... HELP

Ok, so I'm on my 4th tank with my scangauge and I have adjusted my fill up amount every time to get the calibration right. Well I noticed that the miles traveled on the SG were not and have not agreed with my ODO in the car. I did set my MPH (using GPS) right away and the SG shows 7miles...
  14. M

BioD and Additives

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if you guys are treating your bio just like regular D2 in the colder climates or even the warmer ones? I just started splash blending B100 (commercial) and D2 and will soon begin running a B50 mix with home brew. I have been a religious user of Howes (8oz per...
  15. M

Was a NON-DSG TDI even an option??

Was a NON-DSG *Auto*TDI even an option?? Did the 2006 TDI come WITHOUT the DSG auto tranny? I'm wondering if it was even possible as I'm hunting and beleive I found the car I want this question is lingering in my mind. :confused:
  16. M

TDI MPG & Wheel size

This is my first post and I have been lurking for about a month. I am researching getting into an 06 or 07 Jetta TDI and was wondering what factory (or even aftermarket) wheel size you fellas are running? I commute 140 miles round trip daily and drive a 04 Civic. I get about 36mpg average and...