Search results

1. AndyBees

How many miles can a timing belt go ?

Looking more and more like a TDI Social Media free-for-all .....
  2. AndyBees

How many miles can a timing belt go ?

I agree 100% Well, rwolff made that statement on November 14, 2016 ........ the last time he visited here was on November 15, 2016....
  3. AndyBees

109 relay symptoms

Wow! I'm glad the info I posted was helpful. Thanks very much for sharing your work and findings. Honestly, I never realized that the 109 Relay gets hot. Actually, I've never given it any thought. But, considering that relay is prone to fail, likely heat is the primary contributing factor...
  4. AndyBees

Wiring to the AC compressor?

If I am not mistaken, the 98 thru 04s are basically the same. There are a number of things that can cause the AC Compressor to not kick-in. -Low on refrigerant -Bad Fan Control Module (FCM) -Fuse (seems there is one, but maybe not on the 1998 NB) -Broken wire to the AC Compressor -Bad AC...
  5. AndyBees

DSG service

I've changed the ATF on several different VW models. The amount you drain out is about the best way to go in my opinion. There is a YouTube by Corey at IDParts changing the fluid. He basically uses the amount removed method, but does use VCDS. I suggest that you do some YouTube University...
  6. AndyBees

99 1.9 high pressure pump rebuild Need help to many cooks in the kitchen

Obviously, I am the one you are going to ignore! ......... LOL Newbies generally need some detailed info! That was my contribution which is consistent with what I've done here for almost 20 years. I'm not sure what the contradictions are in my comments. How did you Prime the IP thru the...
  7. AndyBees

99 1.9 high pressure pump rebuild Need help to many cooks in the kitchen

First, considering the complete unit (Injection Pump) has been removed and replaced, the physical timing needs to be confirmed. If the proper tools were not used or extreme precaution used with basic tools and other means, the engine could be out of time at the Cam and Crankshaft as well as the...
  8. AndyBees

TDI engine adaptor kits

The bell housing end bolt pattern on a VW in-line 4-cylinder engines is the same from 1974 thru 2006. And, if what BurPod said ^^^^ up there is true, apparently it is the same with the CR TDI engines as well.
  9. AndyBees

New injector new filter?

I wish I had purchased stock in Fuel Filter Companies years ago .................. The fuel filter doesn't catch "particles" then just dump them. When you are changing injectors do you really touch the filter? No, because it's over there mounted next to the fender,,,,,,, just sitting there...
  10. AndyBees

Coolant sensor clip help: I feel stupid

Did you get the old O-ring out? ..................... very important that you remove it!~
  11. AndyBees

'03 TDI cam shaft position sensor

This is not a fuel filter issue........ period! Wasting time! If there are air bubbles in the clear hose from the filter over to the Injection Pump (IP) it is likely the fuel filter change has been botched. Never use starting fluid on a TDI engine ... period. As for a proper scan tool...
  12. AndyBees

Fuel Contamination

Doesn't appear to be a bad or contaminated fuel issue to me. Neither would cause all those codes or even one of them. The mechanic should have drained the Fuel Filter into a clear container to inspect for water. If it had been loaded with water, then, yes, maybe that would explain some of the...
  13. AndyBees

How to check n75 valve?

Jdmacedin hasn't visited here since August 13, 2021 ........... Put your cursor over the OPs avatar and you can see the last time he visited..
  14. AndyBees

SOS! Does anyone know what this part is called?

After watching the video over and over, I believe the smoke come out of Intake Ports #2 or #3 (or both) which likely is due to the valve(s) not seating properly as I previously stated! The ALH engine rocks!
  15. AndyBees

That's awesome .......... I assume the smoke blew out the Intake Ports due to the Valves not fully seating at first. Or, did you remove the Exhaust Manifold/Turbo assembly? It doesn't do any harm to run the engine with the Intake off or the Exhaust Manifold off. I remember 50 years ago when...
  16. AndyBees

Clean the Intake Manifold.......... lots of debating on the best method. -Burn it out -Chemicals -Chemicals, brushing, etc -Boil it I made a cover to bolt onto the EGR end. Then, lay it down so it can be filled with Awesome.......... let it soak and soak. I also put gravels inside and shook...
  17. AndyBees

BRM PD100 into a '77 Westfalia

Chris, make sure everything (everything) is grounded really good! Seems in the wiring bundle there is a brown ground wire for the ECU ...... ground it away from the ground wire for the Starter .......... very important. (You cannot over-ground anything when it comes to these older VWs) Using...
  18. AndyBees

gone to scrap: 46k original miles CJAA turbo

In Post #30, I passed on the Turbo in this Listing by the original poster!
  19. AndyBees

gone to scrap: 46k original miles CJAA turbo

I'm going to pass on the Turbo. In my neck of the woods there are very few VWs, especially CRs. So, it would be an investment that I would likely sit on for a very long time even if I offered a very good blue-light special, including delivery! Considering I only have a 4 hour drive and fuel...
  20. AndyBees

I'm worried about your compression numbers. There is a good possibility that the valves made contact with their respective pistons while crud was holding them open. The WD-40 and any other flushing liquid needs to go down the Intake Ports of the Head. If there is crud under the Exhaust...