Search results

1. MAXRPM

Fluidampr for TDI

I was just thinking about that price, very pricey for that little pc
  2. MAXRPM

Flywheel teeth chewed out by starter

So I went ahead and changed to a new Valeo Starter last week and no more grinding noise, car starts so quick and this Valeo Starter really makes a difference it is powerful
  3. MAXRPM

Gtb2260..... In 2.0tdi 170hp

There are some statements here that are completely out of whack, I can't continue to follow it cause I may wind up in the Bermuda triangle more confused than ever
  4. MAXRPM

2200 rpms that's about right on 2260vk, not 1600 rpm like I read
  5. MAXRPM

Cmon what does a tuner have to do with intial spooling pls explain, no tuner can make that turbo spool any quicker, if you've posted this about 10 15 years ago you would've been flamed here at this forum,
  6. MAXRPM

Yes it is old so we are reviving this thread so we can bring members back, to answer your question I'm still waiting to read that 2260vrk or 2260vklr continue to break, ears are open, we probably have a few just like any other turbo, but 2260vk the spooling sucks on that turbo
  7. MAXRPM

I still do not understand how you could say that 2260VK spools up at 1600 rpms, so you are saying basically 2260vk spools way better than vnt15,,,,,, having and tried all 3 turbos, 2260vk, 2260vrk, and 2260vklr, I can attest that I like the 2260vklr better, 2260vk is too lethargic to spool...
  8. MAXRPM

Thanks for the part number, I'm going order one Valeo then I'll see if it fixes the issue I'm having,
  9. MAXRPM

Do you happen to know the Valeo Starter # for the Alh ? Gasser Starter maybe too weak for the diesel I imagine,, ,Yes exactly that is the noise you hear once you release on the ignition key. I was also trying to find out if any member had the same issue I've been having for a few years, and...
  10. MAXRPM

It is a SMF I'm guessing that I may have an aftermarket starter and would need a OEM one,
  11. MAXRPM

Alh 00 Jetta, I swaped from DMF to SMF about 4 years ago and last year the flywheel gave up, teeth where Starter engages were ruined so Jetta couldn't start, I went and got me a new flywheel from ID parts and I cryoed treated it, at the beginning car had no issues, now I'm hearing when I fired...
  12. MAXRPM

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

I've emailed him texted him like a month ago and no answers, so very poor PR
  13. MAXRPM

Fluidampr for TDI

Kind of rare cause I purchased one for my ALH like 5 years ago and did not have to machine anything plug and play install
  14. MAXRPM

Low Mile 2015/16 TDI's about to hit dealers...

Keeping my ears open
  15. MAXRPM

GTB2260VRK Turbo Converted

It spiked at 42, but steady at 2.75 bar, that's how I had it set up before I switched to ball bearing so it should be the same, drove it raced with it quite a bit no other issues only lifted head gasket, after a while
  16. MAXRPM

Last week when I pulled it out from the garage recently put together, I wired and did a quick MacGyver hook up for boost, and saw 42psi, my gauges from the car are not properly working so I need to change probes and wiring which I haven't done yet but I will let you know once I hook them up. It...
  17. MAXRPM

I'm trying to figure out why my head got lifted, giving me a head gasket issue, I'm boosting around 42psi, I just put my car back together with the same raceware, and I can keep these studs or I can switch them with ARPs, with ARPs never had any issues, least I want is to have another head...
  18. MAXRPM

Yes they are silver gray, how good are they compared to ARPs
  19. MAXRPM

After I torqued the head i found all upgraded.head studs, they are not ARPs cause the studs were not colored black and the nut are all 16mm sockets, does anybody know any other performance studs that are similar and the nuts are bigger, I lost one of the nut and I'm trying to figure out what...
  20. MAXRPM

TQ spec on ALH tranny Motor mount bolts?

Thank you I also torqued those to 30 plus 1/4 turn