Search results

1. B

glow plug light flashing

I had same thing occur tonight, I actually had to turn around and go get my 99 mercury mountaineer w/ 247k miles on it. we left on trip to PA for a tournament and hissing noise occurred at about same rpm. about 45 min into trip glow plug light started blinking, turned car off waited and drove at...
  2. B

What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

I ordered 3 months ago and just picked up fri. night 6/1/2012 2012 passat se manual, black w/ black interior. Paid 25,665 + 249 dealer processing fees before tax tags title.
  3. B

06 or 09 Jetta TDI?

new jetta 09 or used 06 I am in same dilemma prices are down for the jetta TDI it seems at around 20-21k and I thought the warranty was 5yr-50k mi.? I'm looking for one, son wrecked 1996 passat tdi, love hate car. What's the problem or advantage of Green diesel car, shouldnt we be able to get...
  4. B

Dela,Mary,Virgin Meet (ii) = -)

so did everything took apart cleaned little and worked, lucky, easiest fix seing we r suposed to have bad weathe tue an wed unless I am lied to by peeps in house windw just "fell" down""? I just got done putn things back 2 gether window is slower than others, has been 4 a while, in car but...
  5. B

i think i read some of your posts in recent searches of the window regulator/ motors thanks, even though you must b a skins fan love the work and site thanks for the time
  6. B

would like to join from west md, clear spring will keep eye open on meet date I am gonna start keepin watch for info, gotta tell you guys always in need of info look here first. All over tdi club searchn window motors/ regulators, check wires , harnes, :) study well on tdi club take unit...
  7. B

over center spring

thanks chuckbrush i actually was able to do most of work from your post on club,greatly appreciate. Did find tool for $40 from samsstagsales but hope to try your method.:)
  8. B

over center spring

Searched forums and repaired clutch white plastic pedal clip, great information on how to accomplish. Problem I am having is putting over center spring on clutch pedal back in, manual calls for special tool, and some posts say do not need spring at all. All info would be helpful! thanks!
  9. B

downpipe removed now what

thanks for info had a piece of stainless welded for $10 trying to clean cat looked like it was clogged. I wanted to buy new downpipe but not sure how many mi left in car, better money spent elswhere I suppose. will try this and see what or if anything gained.
  10. B

thanks damaged after cat have to try to find a stainless steel weld around cat
  11. B

broken exhaust after cat have downpipe removed, is the 2.5 dp worth money \$379 for this car 1996 passat 185k? how can I gut cat? and how would i connect back to the larger diameter pipe, I just replaced rear exhaust so will leave in place. where's thread for the muffflerectomy? WEBSITE IS...
  12. B

frozen wiper motor/assembly on 1996 passat tdi

wipers will not work this morniing very icey. Pulled wiper of windshield started car, could to much ice around base of blades burn motor up and how difficult to change motor. just motor or whole assembley?
  13. B

brake bleeder

what about griots garage brake bleeder tool
  14. B

how to on struts on b4 1996 passatdi very new

1996 tdi passat